Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Yeah and lets give damage diminishing returns to deal with burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Expert View Post
    Healing is not the core pillar of pvp. It went from being a support role to being an outright crutch that enables victory via attrition (not outplaying your opponents, but outlasting them). In general it has been the bane of competitive pvp because it alone is responsible for most of the imbalances between two teams facing off. The team with better healers almost always wins, and an all DPS team will generally lose to a DPS team with a few healers assuming equal skill between the two teams.

Let's not go into the hyperbole - this DR would not turn pvp into a "gib fest", it would simply reduce the overall power that healing has, so that an all DPS team would be on equal footing to a team with 2-3 healers.
    not the core pillar, a pillar of pvp combat, its has always and is still is a support roll. Outlasting your opponent is a valid strat, just like hard swap gibs are. healing hasn't been the bane of competitive pvp, horrible mechanics have the bane, from pve regen trinkets to over the top base regen because of removed mana cds. You would need to revamp half the specs as they simply don't work in pvp with out a healer.

n all DPS team will generally lose to a DPS team with a few healers assuming equal skill between the two teams.
    and we get the root of the problme: qq about random bgs.

I'm not a fan of having tank specs viable in pvp unless their damage is severely gimped, which it's not...but that's another topic beyond the point where I stated that the healing DR would have a stronger affect on tank specs.

How does it screw HoTs? That was one of the first things someone brought up and I responded to it with an explanation of why HoTs would not be affected any more than direct heals are.

Healing is not the core pillar of pvp. It went from being a support role to being an outright crutch that enables victory via attrition (not outplaying your opponents, but outlasting them). In general it has been the bane of competitive pvp because it alone is responsible for most of the imbalances between two teams facing off. The team with better healers almost always wins, and an all DPS team will generally lose to a DPS team with a few healers assuming equal skill between the two teams.

Let's not go into the hyperbole - this DR would not turn pvp into a "gib fest", it would simply reduce the overall power that healing has, so that an all DPS team would be on equal footing to a team with 2-3 healers.
    This has to be the worst idea ever on how to "fix" healing i'm sure there are others worse though.
    But let me throw a small cracker to the troll.

Your model totally fucks the HoT classes, will purge/dispell also lower your healing debuff ? At the moment dispelled hots to close to 0 healing, with your idea they will deal close to 0 healing and will also dampen further healing on the targets.

Offhealing will be killed also, as those classes rely on spamming their heals to cover for a interrupt/silence or hard CC on their teammates.

Expanding on Ginger's post, i hope that Holinka doesn't even see this, he might consider it an option.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Are you saying that "mindless tunneling" isn't what already happens? My spec suggestion, which is what I currently run in the game, helps with all content. It's not a pvp spec because gear in pvp doesn't matter. You should know what you're talking about before declaring an idea "terrible".

Explain why.
    No. Mindless tunneling happens, but only in the instances with people who has got no idea what the base objective is - to kill people. In these scenarios, you will see people chasing some guy on a mount who is running in circles while in the meantime a friendly guy is killing those people chasing the mounted one. This is mindless tunneling.

In any game where people have even the slightest idea of what to do in order to be able to kill off some other guy, this won't happen. What do you have to do in order to kill some guy? Do as much damage as possible to them, or rather: do so much damage that he or his friends can’t keep up. They might chase the guy on the mount around for 5 seconds before changing to the guy who is actually damaging them, but now this is no longer mindless tunneling.

If we add two more people, two healers, on each side with the same scenario unfolding the result would probably be the same. Either those two guys are mindlessly tunneling the guy on the mount(aka chasing the guy cause they can't really hit him with all of their abilities), or they recognize that they can't reach him and change to someone else.
    Now, if your idea was to be implemented, every time the two guys hit with a weak ranged attack on the guy with the mount they would add a stack of the healing reduction debuff by forcing the healer to react to his hp going down - just a little bit. And do you know what? Those guys would now be punished for changing to another target, since if they keep hitting the mounted guy eventually the debuff will reach 100 % healing reduction and their weak ass ranged hits would kill him! Why? Because he can't recieve any healing anymore. Why? Because, just by hitting the mounted guy with weak ass crap they will force the healer to spend more and more cooldowns just to keep up with the same low damage, but now with a stacking healing reduction debuff. Why should they change to the guy who is attacking them if he can receive 100 % of the normal healing, while the guy on the mount can only receive 1 % of the normal healing?

This is a ridiculous scenario for a ridiculous suggestion. And I can't even believe how you would think this would ever lead to people doing the exact opposite. Like who the fuck goes "oh this guy takes no healing at all anymore, let me hit another guy so he can heal up in peace."?

In my opinion, healers are fine atm. It seems to me, they cast a whole lot more now which helps me trying to stop their healing and it helps when I try to bait interupts when playing my healer and then get 15-21 seconds of free casting when they spend their interupts on nothing.
    Now, let me put on my bicycle helmet so I can avoid the sheep/drone/whatever insults you call other people who disagree with you. Also forgive my english as I'm not a native speaker.
    Last edited by Egor2765; 2016-10-03 at 08:45 AM.