Fix My DPS [Outlaw]

Hey guys,

Our outlaw rogue has been practicing his rotation relatively religiously, and pulls OK numbers. The unfortunate part is something seems to go wrong during progression and his numbers drop drastically. I'm usually a prot warrior and I've been trying to help him out, but I don't know enough about the spec to help him out. Any chance someone could help me pore over what he might be doing wrong in the logs?

https: // ww. warcraft logs. com/ reports/ hbKQPqdH 7Lm9vYXV #fight=6

Gave it a cursory glance, a couple of things I noticed:

1. Low average hit number on Run Through (RT). Looking further, it looks like this person is hitting some 1CP RTs, most likely by accident. This is an issue due to energy regeneration, and the fact that you are unlikely to get a bonus combo point (CP) for the cast, so you will fall behind in generation and lose total number of RTs throughout the fight.

2. Had True Bearing (CD reduction) up for most of the fight, so could have squeezed in more MFD (marked for death) and AR (adrenaline rush) for more CPs and RT

3. Looks to only be using a pre-pot, no second pot during the 30% enrage.

With this rogue's gear level, they should be able to pull about 225-275k single target (higher if they are a pro, but this range is realistic). The range will vary depending on RTB rolls, Outlaw has the highest damage variance in the game. I can be anywhere from #1 to #8 or so in my group depending on rolls pull to pull.
    Last edited by untangled; 2016-10-01 at 12:26 AM.

Yeah i also need help, but i dont know how to log. i think im pulling like 190k dps on ST in EN HC (Ursoc, eye, 1stboss). I honestly dont know what to do...

http: // eu.battle. net/ wow/en /character / stormscale/ Zt%C3%B3rm/ advanced - my armory so u can see with my gear i think i should be able to pull more dps. If anyone can help me log a fight, im open for anything.

862 outlaw rogue here. There is no "fixing" your dps Outlaw is 100% dependent on Roll the bones. On mythic single target my dps ranges from not even joking 150k to 600k. Just get lucky or cry with the rest of us that its the most frustrating spec in the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neeks13 View Post
    862 outlaw rogue here. There is no "fixing" your dps Outlaw is 100% dependent on Roll the bones. On mythic single target my dps ranges from not even joking 150k to 600k. Just get lucky or cry with the rest of us that its the most frustrating spec in the game.
    150k seems a bit low but I am experiencing huge variances aswell. I went from being ranked in the top 5% in xavius to a kill where I was basicly doing 200k. Difference being that I got two 6 rolls during p1 plus add one time, and I had to rerolling 9 times finally landing on a sole shark buff for p1 adds.

I am currently using all my time gearing and aping up my sub wep. I don't even care if the average dps is lower. Rng is the bane of competitive raiding

would you say assassination or sub is better atm?