Poll: Do you believe in Global Warming

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Im a Republican(actually a libertarian but the enemy of my enemy is my friends so I side with them against Dems) and believe nothing. I haven't seen evidence of global warming being real .. mostly because I haven't looked into it deeper though. So basically if they can prove its happening as opposed to it being just normal natural changes such as warmer periods, sure, Im willing to believe it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    What's going to happen to the price of oil and how will that affect Venezuela, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Nigeria and to a lesser extent the Western countries like Canada and the Netherlands?
    We don't have any oil.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    Venus 2.0? Only if we move millions of miles closer to the sun.

- - - Updated - - -

Your poll sucks ass. Why do you need to be affiliated with either of those party's to have an opinion? This isn't a political thing although you'd like to make it so. The Earth has constantly gone through heating up and cooling down periods. Science, bro....science.
    And this time its caused by humans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    We have more important things to take care of, such as warring each other because of ridiculous reasons, such as killing each other based on some fantasy that some fanatic, brainwashed lunatics believe to be true.
    That is way more important the, you know, saving the earth.
    Tell that to countries slowly disapearing under the ocean.

"You"? Had no idea that the OP is the only one with a clue. Talk about self-righteousness...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    http://www.iflscience.com/environmen...co2-threshold/

Global Warming and its similar effects are a threat people and yet you continue to ignore it.
    So you've identified a problem... What is YOUR solution?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    So you've identified a problem... What is YOUR solution?
    33% of CO2 emissions in the US come from burning coal to generate electricity. We could replace those coal plants with nuclear plants. The US is huge so that would help the problem at least a little.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    33% of CO2 emissions in the US come from burning coal to generate electricity. We could replace those coal plants with nuclear plants. The US is huge so that would help the problem at least a little.
    We could, but I am certain you know the following, but I'll share it for those that dont know...

River Bend was built in 1977 (39yrs ago), and started operation in 1986 (30yrs ago).
    Watts Bar started construction in 1973 (43yrs ago), finished construction in 1990 (26yrs ago) and went online in 1996 (20 years ago)

These are the last two that have been built in the US... Why is that? Because activists refuse to let them be built, so in order to get more built and cut our dependence on coal plants we'd have to do something with the activists.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Global Warming?

One of these words is wrong cause the idea has basically been tarnished due to poor scientific practices over the course of study...

climate change is the proper term. Kind of weird arguing that the world is getting hotter when on record it's still cooler than the time before we even got the ability to allegedly fuck it up so bad.

Deleted
    It was fecking 33C in September, in England. Your poll is dumb btw, pretty much like the 50/50 polarization of political views.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    >Ignores the fact that these changes caused mass extinctions
    Try to ask yourself, where would you be without these mass extinctions.
    Instead of sitting behind a computer and pretending to be smart, you would be about rat sized and stick your head only at night-times out of your burrow.

Climate protection is only a method of self preservation, because even a small change in the climate will harm the human population very deeply.
    But mass extinctions open only gaps for other animals who are able to adapt to these changes faster and more effectively.

By definition we aren't even the no.1 climate polluters in earths history by a far fetch.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Oxygenation_Event

15+ Year Old Account
    Sounds plausible. A sudden spike in temperature is definitely caused by humans. Haven't even seen a regular winter in about 10 years, even though there has always been super cold and long winters here.

By this time it has also been cold always before, yet even now it's 15c.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    http://www.iflscience.com/environmen...co2-threshold/

Global Warming and its similar effects are a threat people and yet you continue to ignore it.
    Erm, how about you take this here stick, and shove it up your arse?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    Earth was nearly 10 degrees warmer half a billion years ago than today, and ice ages weren't really a thing until ~35 million years ago, after which we've had several.

So what if it gets a few degrees warmer? Earth will survive, some areas currently hospitable may become less so while other areas will become more so. There's plenty of room in Siberia and Canada, we'll adapt.
    And the climate was very, very different.
    The difference is HOW these changes come about.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no belief about it. The evidence is there: global warming is happening and driven by human industry. Those who say otherwise are either the mega rich who profit off of polluting industries, or those so partisan in their beliefs, they'll believe anything their party says without question.
    Putin khuliyo

Climate change is real. The ridiculous "man made global warming is gonna kill us" theory that the far left pushes is not.

A single active volcano has more or an impact on the climate in a year than humans have managed since the industrial revolution.
    Last edited by Ironhorn; 2016-10-01 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilUK View Post
    I am a human citizen of earth and Global Warming is real.
    Must be hell to pay taxes in every nation in the world along with that world tax to the UN.............See how stupid that sounds.

- - - Updated - - -

I refuse to believe that in less than 100 years of Manufacturing by Mankind that we have done more than the volcano eruptions since the dawn of time.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    Earth was nearly 10 degrees warmer half a billion years ago than today, and ice ages weren't really a thing until ~35 million years ago, after which we've had several.

So what if it gets a few degrees warmer? Earth will survive, some areas currently hospitable may become less so while other areas will become more so. There's plenty of room in Siberia and Canada, we'll adapt.
    So what?

So what if a significant percentage of humans live on coastlands that will be underwater if we don't do anything about it. So what if they have to all migrate at once. So what if the food chain is broken because the climate changed faster than life could evolve and adapt (Earth's natural climate change is usually a hell of a lot slower than the rate we're seeing right now.)

Life can survive natural climate change, because natural climate change is slow. Modern climate change is not natural and much faster.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post

I refuse to believe that in less than 100 years of Manufacturing by Mankind that we have done more than the volcano eruptions since the dawn of time.
    Volcano eruptions are linked to historic fluctuations in global temperatures. No one really denies this, not sure why you're making the comparison.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. politic beliefs have nothing to do with earth climate change. AHAH
    2. no earth is not about to become venus 2.0 saying such things will just make people ignoring climate change ignoring it even more. if we were to die of climate change, we'll get wiped out as a species before the earth is becoming venus
    Last edited by Cæli; 2016-10-01 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    There is no belief about it. The evidence is there: global warming is happening and driven by human industry. Those who say otherwise are either the mega rich who profit off of polluting industries, or those so partisan in their beliefs, they'll believe anything their party says without question.
    The problem is that this alone is not the issue. Please provide some solution that will (a) actually make a dent in projected warming trends and (b) not increase energy costs so much that we actually cause more human suffering.

Most current negotiations seem to lead to policies that will increase costs, do nothing to alter projected temperature change, and we wind up needing to pay to mitigate effects anyway. We should have invested in nuclear 50 years ago, but activists frequently of particular political ideologies put a stop to that.
    Last edited by Sargerasraider; 2016-10-01 at 07:31 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    And this time its caused by humans.
    If by this you mean, "This time humans are contributing to it", then OK.