Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Go and do a mythic 10

Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    I like how you ignored everyone that told you what the real problem was, and you're still rambling on like a fucking moron.

Stop doing content you outgear by miles, you idiot.
    People like you represent the worst in forum posters, you have no manners or desire to participate in a positive way, you obviously have serious personal issue and use these forum to vent .. Go back to whatever rock you had been hiding under ..

Forum moderators should not stand at all for posts like yours and should give you a perma ban!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    It's the naming.

They put Mythic in the name of this content, thus players think that it's hard.
    This results in steep barriers of entry and very high ilvl requirements in PUG's.

Similar how purple items aren't really epic anymore. Legion orange items aren't legendary either. Legendaries used to be iconic pieces of equipment that took daunting amount of guild-wide effort to get. Even 'welfare' legendaries from MOP and WOD were lengthy grinds.
    Exactly, they built false expectations and filled the gaps with massive time sinks masked as 'progress' ..

Normal mythics are the new heroics. Doing higher mythic+ levels (on time) can be harder than current raid content. As time progresses and we start to reach higher gear levels, we'll be able to do 10+ like we do normal mythics today. That's how gear works, and I'm 99% sure they will keep updating mythic+ throughout the expansion, it will always be a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by jasoncb View Post
    What I don't understand with Mythic+ is the challenge increases mainly for the healer. I know the dps has to put out higher numbers but that comes with better gear.
    A healer can not carry you through high mythic+, you have to avoid/stop damage from mobs as dps and tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    People like you represent the worst in forum posters, you have no manners or desire to participate in a positive way, you obviously have serious personal issue and use these forum to vent .. Go back to whatever rock you had been hiding under ..

Forum moderators should not stand at all for posts like yours and should give you a perma ban!!

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly, they built false expectations and filled the gaps with massive time sinks masked as 'progress' ..
    The mods shouldn't stand for posts like you started. People have told you to go do mythic +10 or higher and you are just here still crying.

So people are saying that mythic can be done at 810-825 and pretends it's not that hard...and on the others side you have people that avoid inviting players geared below ilvl 850, oh the irony.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Svisalith View Post
    You're supposed to do Mythic in ~820-825ish gear, we did them in 810 on launch days

Mythic+ is a lot harder.

Mythic baseline damage is 100%:

In mythic+10, everything deals double damage, so it's at 200%

if you have the +10 trash damage affix, it'll do 1.4x more - so 280%

this week the affixes at level 4 and 7 are for everything to deal double damage when below 30% HP (560% of Mythic damage) and for everything to apply a stacking debuff to whatever they hit which reduces healing taken. That quickly stacks up to taking half healing or even no healing if you're not stunning, kiting, killing stuff quickly and crowd controlling. The health of everything is similarly increased (at 2x - 2.4x regular Mythic).

These are the hardest and most rewarding dungeons in the history of WoW by a mile. Stop judging them based on a medium difficulty setting that you overgear. It's pretty trivial to farm keystones up, you can get from +2 to +8 in under an hour if you're really that good and then your key will only drop by 2 levels per week, before you know it you and all of your friends will be stuck at a higher level than you want :P
    Your numbers are off by a fucking mile, +10 is 9*8%=72% increased damage

Deleted
    The traditional gaming-forums problem is that most players commenting with things like that were kids or just inexperienced when they started. As a result they think everything was so hard back then. The reality is the first two version of WoW were multiple times easier on the hardest parts of them compared to the hardest levels of raiding and 5manning today but people knew not how to play the game so everything looked harder.

Throw the current playerbase onto TBC and Vanilla and the devs will probably have to lock the raids down before the current top 500 becomes the same with the top 5 in progress (I do not claim everyone will clear everything immediately but most of the bosses will be loot-bags for most guilds on the top 500).

In contrast, in vanilla and early TBC most people didn't even finish levelling before others were raiding. It's not only that it was slow to level. The game was new and the influx of players were "millions entering, millions exiting" every few months leaving no opportunity to be a veterans-game, unlike now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    Your pretty sure of your self for someone completely wrong and clueless about how maths works.

15+ Year Old Account
    Content you overgear is easy. How unexpected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go do a Mythic +7 then come back if you still feel like complaining about it being too easy.

Actually people like you represent the worst of the community. Doing a dungeon in gear 35 item levels above where it will be challenging and having the gall to complain about it. It's like people like you feel the need to moan about everything without actually thinking it through.

If you want challenging content then do stuff thats appropriate for your gear.

I just did my very first x5 man mythic run today, admittedly I am 854 so over geared (night before did a full raid run and went from 845 to 854) ..

I used to be a hard core raider up to Wrath in a top x10 EU guild and then shifted over to PvP and never looked back ..

Legion kind of pushed me back into PvE far more than I would like but hay, roll with the punches right? After leveling several toons I just realized that I don't actually recall wiping .. Now I must have wiped once or twice its that they are so few and far in between I just can't recall ..

Today I wanted to start on my artifact skin so opened up LFG and joined a x5 man EoE (Mythic) .... it felt like I was doing a leveling dungeon ..

I was expecting something that needed team work and CC and trash that hit like a boss .. Remember the very first time you did shadow labyrinth? I was expecting that .. But instead got something so easy why even call it Mythic?

I realize people like it this way much more, just last expansion when we got old world x5 man so many complained they were hard, so I understand Blizzards strategy.

I'll finish by saying I understand they introduced a new feature being Ketstone which will continue to go up as we get new tier of gear, just don't like the idea of farming a x5 man thats so easy just to get a key to do another x5 man that is a bit less easier with a 5 day time limit and so on ...
    Plays level 1 of a game that has 15 levels, while massively over geared for it...then calls the game too easy. GG....

If you want a semi-challenge from Mythic 0, then do it at ~800 ilvl like we did at release.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Warrax View Post
    So people are saying that mythic can be done at 810-825 and pretends it's not that hard...and on the others side you have people that avoid inviting players geared below ilvl 850, oh the irony.
    That isn't irony. Incidentally, it's almost never actually irony when people say its ironic. But specifically, just because something can be accomplished under geared, doesn't mean people want to have that major challenge every single time they run the instance. People set gear requirements based on what they can realistically get in the group, not some sort of minimum where it can be done after 20 wipes.
    Last edited by Tijuana; 2016-10-01 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    A healer can not carry you through high mythic+, you have to avoid/stop damage from mobs as dps and tank.
    They should be doing that 100% anyway. What you are saying is the healer has previously been compensating for the dps and tank taking unnecessary damage.

I just did my very first x5 man mythic run today, admittedly I am 854 so over geared
    with 854 you should be doin mythic + 6-8 and higher if you seek chalenge not mythic 0 - content tuned for 820 usually feels easy when doin it on 854 -_-

I bet you haven't done Mythic+ 11 Halls of Valor with Tyrannical though.

The numbers scale up the higher you go, it's not a flat 8% all the way. Mythic +10 is indeed 100% damage and health increase.

Remember when you did shadow labs in hyjal gear with a Paladin tank?

You should try mythic+. If you think dungeons don't require cc you don't understand the direction the game has played. Post some logs?
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

The scaling is nonlinear and +10 is +100% damage and HP (2x).

I know because i've done 50+ mythic+ dungeons including several +10's and it says right there on the keystone thing and in the buff on enemies for every difficulty.

Mythic+ doesn't add the same amount for every level. The higher you go up, it starts increasing by more. From Wowhead:

Level +Health and Damage %
    Mythic n/a
    2 +8%
    3 +17%
    4 +26%
    5 +36%
    6 +45%
    7 +59%
    8 +71%
    9 +85%
    10 +100%