Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Court of Stars +10 with Tyrannical is nasty for the final boss. The first 2 bosses are no issue, but the soft enrage mechanic of the AoE pulse dmg is too tight for us on Melandrus. Group is all around 860-862 ilvl and we could only get the final boss to around 18% on our best attempts with full consumables. Though our comp was a little sub-optimal for single target DPS.

Going to go try HoV +10 instead tonight and see if it's any smoother
    Last edited by laboof; 2016-10-03 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Only 8 so far.
    It has been way better to just spam low level keys for more chests to be honest.

Might get to it once we cleared the raid I guess.
    Takes like 2 hours max to complete a +10 to be honest (with a competent group ofc). Remember, you don't need to complete it in time, heck you can even complete it with a depleted keystone and it'll still count for the 880 weekly chest.

Deleted
    Spent an hour doing +7 VoW, probably could've done a lot better if we knew what Necrotic was before going into it. Then again at the time pots/flasks/food were more dumb than they are now so could've probably done 2 chests if we try-harded.

Only 8 so far.
    It has been way better to just spam low level keys for more chests to be honest.

Might get to it once we cleared the raid I guess.
    Only 8 ... you suck :P

+6 myself. 7 and above really is a barrier for the groups I've tried it with. I'm guessing most of us mortals havent gone beyond 6.

I agree on the low level chest spam though. +4 can still give me upgrades with some lucky rolls (yes even lower levels with even luckier rolls can do this too). Ive been trying to stick to this, rather than ending up spending 'hours' in a higher level.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    Takes like 2 hours max to complete a +10 to be honest (with a competent group ofc). Remember, you don't need to complete it in time, heck you can even complete it with a depleted keystone and it'll still count for the 880 weekly chest.
    Sure but you get silly amounts of AP from thoes 3 chests you can farm at lower levels, you still get titanforged items and legendaries.
    It's not so much mythic+ being hard but me not having enough time. World quests, raids, alts, wife saying I play too much and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by laboof View Post
    Court of Stars +10 with Tyrannical is nasty for the final boss. The first 2 bosses are no issue, but the soft enrage mechanic of the AoE pulse dmg is too tight for us on Melandrus. Group is all around 860-862 ilvl and we could only get the final boss to around 18% on our best attempts with full consumables. Though our comp was a little sub-optimal for single target DPS.

Going to go try HoV +10 instead tonight and see if it's any smoother

Our group managed to kill the last boss of CoS after about 90minutes of hammering. (and a god awful amount of consumables )

The group is full melee with restro shammy, which is a lot of fun but sometimes its hard to overcome boss mechanics.
    Our healer is an off spec healer so he doesnt have a lot of Artifact points on his restro weapon, meaning he has less health. (+10 shade of xavius this week almost 1 shot him with his nightmare bolt thing 1.9m damage while he has 1.93m health)

His AoE damage is insane after about 5-6 clones.
    We had to get our DH to move out after each slicing gale(or w/e the aoe thing is ) and dash away from his charge thing to keep our healer alive.
    I (prot warrior) had to safeguard and kept on safeguarding a dps or our healer every aoe phase to keep the damage low.

Had a couple 1%,3% wipes and we kept on going on until he died. Felt like a first kill of a mythic raid boss lol

video if you're interested https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXgS03TjkFY

HoV is pretty tough as well.(I guess this is an understatement). Heimdall's horn hurtsssssss. Hyrja's lightning/light bolt almost oneshots anyone, and Skovald's fel rush nearly oneshots people as well.
    Ouch
    Try using stamina flasks for the instance, to avoid getting one shotted

From the +10s we've done (CoS, HoV, VoW, BRH, DHT) I'd say BRH and VoW were the 'easiest' while the rest were pretty brutal with tyrannical affix.
    We're avoiding doing +11 for now since we want to get +8 keys for next week for more 'easier' loot
    Last edited by BLSTMASTER; 2016-10-03 at 12:51 PM.

+11 Maw of Souls. Dark Slash hits for ~3.3m on me (Prot warrior).
    Helya's Tentacle spawning/breaking the floor nearly 1 shot all my DPS/Healer. Kind of frustrating but finished it after over an hour.

Best was +5 for me, but I did not even try to do higher ones. At the moment I prefer to use my time to as much +2-3s as possible to get a legendary or other loot. Perhaps when I cleared heroic EN and have my first legendary I will do more than +5.

I think affixes rng is such a bad system. They should like make the rewards based on SELECTED affix and level.

Sure but you get silly amounts of AP from thoes 3 chests you can farm at lower levels, you still get titanforged items and legendaries.
    It's not so much mythic+ being hard but me not having enough time. World quests, raids, alts, wife saying I play too much and all that.
    Yeah I guess with limited time you have to choose. My comment was more like "do this for the 2 hours it needs to get a free 880 piece and the continue with the +2s". I'd still probably prioritize the +10 over the +2s if I had to choose, but then again I'm deep into my artifact already and I have a couple of legendaries (one being useless, but still), so the 880 piece is somewhat more important for me.

Managed a +8 DHT within the timer as an 855 Hpal. Went on to do a +9 CoS but failed the timer by 1 minute at ilvl 858. Affixes were sanguine and overflowing.
    The roaming Imp packs in there is what did us in. Sloppy pull got both those and another pack and the imps pretty much one shot our mage.

Did +9 Court of Stars. Missed the timer because we fucked up the investigation part (someone said light clothing but it was dark!)

+3 for me. I've only been in a handful of + dungeons so far.

+6 here. We will rock and roll through the whole thing and then when we realize we are pacing with a lot of time left we choke on something stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post

I was under the impression that the system didn't work like that. As in you had to actually complete a +10 (regardless of timer) to get the 880 cache. The reason we felt it was that way is because we did an EoA level 8 with 2 chests and our weekly best showing was the level 8 one (as in we didn't get credit for completing a +9 run by skipping it through the timer).

*shrug* worked for us last week - we completed a 6+3 (to get a level 9 key - this means level 8 cleared) and got our level 8 item in the cache. I can only assume that us clearing 9+2 (to get a level 11 key - means level 10 cleared) means we'll get our level 10 item in the cache, but I obviously can't confirm until wednesday. Didn't push for higher than 8 as we thought that it was the second-highest tier of item (which it has been proven not to be - 8 is 870, 9 is 875, 10 is 880 it seems, where previously we thought it was 875 for level 8), and we weren't completing a level 10 in 855 average anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    *shrug* worked for us last week - we completed a 6+3 (to get a level 9 key - this means level 8 cleared) and got our level 8 item in the cache. I can only assume that us clearing 9+2 (to get a level 11 key - means level 10 cleared) means we'll get our level 10 item in the cache, but I obviously can't confirm until wednesday. Didn't push for higher than 8 as we thought that it was the second-highest tier of item (which it has been proven not to be - 8 is 870, 9 is 875, 10 is 880 it seems, where previously we thought it was 875 for level 8), and we weren't completing a level 10 in 855 average anyway.
    We actually almost completed a level 10 VotW on time in the first week (spend like 5 hours on it), before we learned that you can just go and finish it outside of the time limit and it still counts as your week's best so we went in there and took our sweet time. But if the +2 thing also works, then there's a lot of different choices that can get you that 880.

Deleted
    Darkheart Thicket +11, that shit was pure aids. Finished it in 50 minutes. We didn't die to a single boss, but the trash wrecked. Doesn't help that you're sent all the way back to the start of the dungeon upon wiping unlike every other dungeon.

M+15 is going to be something entirely different. It will depend on the affixes for sure. This week's fortified, raging, necrotic is probably one of the worse affix combinations tbh. The pure damage output of all the mobs was out of this world. The freaking tiger's jumping attack took 90% of our clothies hp.

Personally only have done +7 HoV and a bunch of +6's. Another guild group tried +9 arcway with the thing that buffs enemies when stuff dies. Took the around 1.5 hours, tank got one shot by a super mega buffed rat :P

I just want to comment on the math in the OP. I don't have the numbers available for anything about +10, but based on the numbers I have for that, the absolute percentages are still increasingly linear by approximately 8% from the previous level, even if the absolute percentage values are increasing. For example, the first Mythic+ dungeon level (+2) is an 8% damage/healing increase over regular Mythic dungeons. +6 is a 45% increase over 36% in +5, which is a total of 1.45/1.36 = 6.7% difference. +10 is 100% over the previous level of +85%, which *seems* like a 15% increase, but in actuality it's only 2.0/1.85 = 8.1% difference over +9.

Just like when you compare ilvls, you need to be comparing the percentage against the previous level, rather than as a percentage increase over the baseline.

As they get better and better gear, the bigger issue that most groups are going to face is having to deal with more affixes rather than the monster health/damage.

EDIT: To add a bit of perspective, most people start doing Mythic+ dungeons at ilvl 835 or so. A shoulder item has 846 main stat / 1269 Stamina at that ilvl. That same item at 880 is 1287/1930, which is a 52% increase. The take-away there is that, disregarding affixes, a person in high-level raid gear is going to have roughly the same experience from a numbers perspective at Mythic +7 as they would in a Mythic 0 dungeon at the launch of Legion. And of course that's not exactly the case, since you more than likely would also have enchants, more armor, a somewhat higher multiplier from your secondary stats, and so on, so you're probably looking at a direct comparison more around Mythic +9. To say nothing of having more points dumped into your artifact traits and things like that.

Additionally, upgrading to 895 yields an item at 1270/2219, which is a 14.9% improvement over 880, which is roughly the same as going up another two Mythic+ levels.

In other words, gear will make a huge difference. For better or worse, this stuff will more than likely just be another hand-out to Mythic raiders, but I guess we're used to that pattern by now.
    Last edited by Krom2040; 2016-10-03 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BLSTMASTER View Post
    His AoE damage is insane after about 5-6 clones.
    We had to get our DH to move out after each slicing gale(or w/e the aoe thing is ) and dash away from his charge thing to keep our healer alive.
    I (prot warrior) had to safeguard and kept on safeguarding a dps or our healer every aoe phase to keep the damage low.
    My guild group also managed to clear CoS + 10 too. Definitely gross...we came up with a clever strat of using an armor potion toward the soft enrage. We were having DPS die just prior to 2min CDs being back up at about 10% boss health. The smoothed damage from the armor pot carried us to second CDs and got us a kill. Still took us quite a while too. xD