Migrating back to a desktop build

Hi everyone!

I've been gaming on my laptop for quite a few years now but I have been researching a lot while trying to save getting back into the desktop PC game. I love my laptop but unfortunately, it is not able to keep up with the games I play heavily (along with the fact that I'm fairly certain my wireless internet adapter is going to die on me within a year so I rather act now than let that piece of hardware force my hand hastily). I've done a lot of research and am definitely looking for a build that will allow me to upgrade in the future, if what I want to do now is simply not within the budget. My priority is being able to run the games I play, at decent settings, with the ability to upgrade as I go. I'm sorry if this is wordy, I'm just trying to give the best possible explanation of my situation

Budget
    -For purely the PC build itself, I'd like to stay under $1000, however I would be thrilled to be spending around $800 on the build and the extra $200 used for OS,keyboard,mouse,and speakers
    Resolution
    1920x1080 would be perfect
    Games / Settings Desired
    I play a lot of games but my top 4 are in order of importance: WoW Legion(Highest setting possible), The Sims 4 (I run with a ton of custom content, but not a lot of mods), Minecraft (run with mods and shaders), and Black Ops 3 (currently unrunnable on my laptop so I'd like to actually experience the game)
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc)
    Nope! Just a lot of gaming/modding of games
    Country
    United States
    Parts that can be reused
    Possibly? I have a Xion Black Pearl II case that if it can be reused, that would be awesome, however I would looooove to get into watercooling (that's fine if it has to come later on due to budget, but I do want the flexibly to fit it in the case later on). I need literally everything else, power supply, cpu,gpu, soundcard, network adapter, hdd, optical drive,etc
    Do you need an OS?
    I do...I guess my best best is Windows 10
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)?
    I do need everything that encompasses a new build. Depending where the pricing comes in is how I will determine if I want to spend more on the lovely RGB keyboard/mouse set ups I've seen now or if I'll have to opt for the budget versions from Big Lots for now, and upgrade later. A monitor is essential though (eventually also want the ability to have a dual monitor set up)

Now that I feel like I've written a book, I really hope I was able to explain clearly without being too confusing or flip-floppy.
    Thank you all in advance!

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($227.88 @ OutletPC)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($27.97 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: MSI Z170A SLI ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($99.98 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Mushkin Blackline 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: A-Data Premier SP550 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($48.49 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3GB SC GAMING Video Card ($203.00 @ B&H)
    Case: NZXT S340 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case ($66.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ B&H)
    Monitor: Acer H226HQLbid 21.5" 60Hz Monitor ($100.98 @ Newegg)
    Keyboard: Cooler Master Devastator II Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($29.99 @ Newegg)
    Speakers: Logitech Z200 0W 2ch Speakers ($24.99 @ Best Buy)
    Other: Windows 10 ($28.07)
    Total: $1018.31
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-01 15:04 EDT-0400

You have a very tight budget but i was able to get everything you needed only going over 20 bucks. You really dont need liquid cooling for an i5 but the case allows for up to a 280mm radiator in the front, its one of the best selling cases on the market. Keyboard/mouse have 3 different color options, i just put red in there as it matched the case lol. They are actually pretty good quality mouse/keyboard for such a low price, ive onwed them before.

If you got any questions ask away.

This is awesome! Thank you so much! The budget isn't a super hard one, and more so based on how quickly I would be able to pull this off. So going over a bit is fine, just another 2 weeks until my next check. If you had another $100-$200 to play with, what would you suggest putting it towards?

Last edited by Fascinate; 2016-10-01 at 08:11 PM.