Mythic Renferal - Living through Violent Winds

Hello friends!

We're working on Renferal and had several issues throughout the night. One of the bigger ones was figuring out how to keep tanks alive during violent winds. We're splitting the raid in half and having the 1st half in the first winds, 2nd in 2nd etc. However, the tanks keep getting demolished and we usually either barely live, or die.

3 tank, 4 healing it - me as prot warrior, druid, dk tanks. (random webbing sucks so bad as the other are clearly better suited to pick up spiders)

Other than that, it didn't seem too bad, we have to figure out how to get webbed DPS to survive the ambushes but that was our only other issue.

Thanks for any and all advice!

Chew~

Deleted
    We utilized a protection paladin, since one of them nullifies the Violent Wind mechanic entirely. I'm not a 100% sure it's intended, but there's absolutely no exploits involved, simply using unconventional talents.

Blessing of Spellwarding and Final Stand are the two talents that are critical for this.

Blessing of Spellwarding makes you immune to magical attacks, so you pop that on the Tank that's doing the first Violent Winds. He'll get the pushback but he will take 0 damage.

Second Violent Winds is handled with Final Stand. Before Renferal casts his second Violent Winds the paladin pops Divine Shield, and thanks to Final Stand the boss is taunted for 8 seconds and forced to focus on a tank that cannot take any damage. He too will be pushed back, so keep that mind.

You can change the order up but that's the way we did it, and it worked out really well. It's not a big help to you since you didn't list a Paladin, but since this fight requires 3 tanks instead of the usual 2 chances are good your third is a offspec anyway so you might be able to finagle it. The actual gear requirement on tanks for this fight is minimal since the damage isn't high and with Raking Talons being the only real lethal mechanic (using the above strategy) there should be enough cooldowns to go around.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MexicanGolf View Post
    We utilized a protection paladin, since one of them nullifies the Violent Wind mechanic entirely. I'm not a 100% sure it's intended, but there's absolutely no exploits involved, simply using unconventional talents.

Blessing of Spellwarding and Final Stand are the two talents that are critical for this.
    That's what we do as well - no need for anybody to stack for that mechanic, ever.

For webbed people to survive ambushes you'll generally need them to either pop personals or pop externals on them.

We 3 tanked this with me(Prot Warrior), Guardian, and DH without much problem. We just assigned externals to each tank for violent winds. We found that you only get two violent winds the entire fight, so it was really easy.

My buffs for the winds were: Ironbark, Shield Wall, and Spell Re (started 2 sec in or so) along with IP and demo shout (for overkill)

I also gave the guardian safeguard for most of our attempts

New account so I can't link to logs, but you can find our kill if you search for 'Slashroarr'
    Last edited by slashroar; 2016-10-02 at 11:39 PM.