Mythic Renferal - Violent Wind and Webbing Help

Hello friends!

We were progressing on Mythic Renferal our last raid reset and the two major things holding us back were the violent winds damage and tank deaths, and then the DPS being webbed and dying to her ambush.

Anyone have any tips or suggestions on how to handle either of these?

For winds we're splitting the raid in half and having people get in each, but the tank still seems to get absolutely slaughtered near the end, even with CDs up. We don't have a paladin to bop cheese it, so we only have warrior, dk, bear at our disposal.

Web'd DPS seem to take 2 million damage or higher from ambush even when they're on the other side of the platform. It seems like pure luck with getting classes that have personals, we started moving tank CDs onto them to try to get them to live since we got her to under 20% with a dps dead the whole time.

Any suggestions on either would help a ton.

Thanks!

Chew~

At what point in the week did you work on him? I know the ambush damage in mythic was lowered between Tuesday and Thursday, and after that a personal was more than enough to live, with externals being thrown if needed.

We didn't have anyone help the tanks soak we just threw everything at them to have them live through the winds. Cocoon pretty much negates one of them, with guardian spirit being huge on the other one. I'm unsure how bop can cheese it, as its shadow damage, unless that makes them not get pushed back? Even still the healers should be positioned beforehand.

How many healers are you running? We used 5.

We killed him last night and still had quite a few deaths to webbed folks. We had to have everyone come up with their own personal/external CD plan. For example, as a hunter, I would turtle the first ambush and then call for a sac on the 2nd. As of last night it was still doing potentially 2+ million on some classes so you have to plan accordingly.

As to violent winds, we spent one night with a bear/warrior/DH setup having 0 luck with the soaking. It seemed even if you put half the raid in , the tank would get 100+ stacks and without major CDs, fall over. Our bear was consistently able to survive on his own soloing it. The warrior and DH went splat. Then we go to looking at higher progressed guilds' logs and saw a theme. Prot pally. They trivialize it. Bubble one and spellwarding an offtank for the 2nd. Our Warrior had a sufficiently geared prot pally so she switched.

If you don't have that luxury of a pocket pally (sounds like a sex toy), what Drish mentioned about stacking externals and having tanks solo soak is probably the best idea. We ended up with 4 heals (pally, druid, shammy, monk) for our kill.

Night 1 logs (warrior/DH/bear): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/4dNaZtB72pMmGJKQ
    Night 2 logs with kill (bear/bear/pally): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/RbK36wvrDGjcH2TA
    Git Er Raid
    GM and RL for life

If both players have a 30%+ personal CD, they should survive a web'd ambush if both people get far enough away(edge of the circle is not far enough). Strongly consider using raid CDs though like devotion aura/commanding shout to help people survive those.

For violent winds, we have a prot war take the first winds entirely solo and stack a bunch of CDs to survive it. I think he uses all his own CDs(shield wall, last stand, spell reflect, ignore pain) plus an ironbark. Make sure the spell reflect covers the final tick of of violent winds, you have to wait 2s or so into the cast before popping it. It ends up being trivial, healers pop leytorrent potions while they wait it out. For the next winds, our DH tank and the entire raid stacks in it to save his squishy DH self from wind burn stacks so he can survive it.
    Last edited by Xanthan; 2016-10-03 at 04:22 PM.

Deleted
    It does less damage the further away you are.

yeah we do struggle on this fight as well, however our composition of raid group is not ideal, we decided to 3 tank it due to web of pains and spiders, we do unfortunately have 2xdk and DH tanks, as for healer we have not good setup as well , holy & disco priest, druid and shaman, but anyway with some of the CD call out for webs/ambush we are managing to 3rd platform without a single dead in raid, hope we can kill it tonight

Someone was sharing a strat on MMO-C where the pally tank used Final Stand on himself and BoSW on other tank to make this fight easy? Looking for that thread atm as I expect to tank this on my pally tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by steveh View Post
    As to violent winds, we spent one night with a bear/warrior/DH setup having 0 luck with the soaking. It seemed even if you put half the raid in , the tank would get 100+ stacks and without major CDs, fall over. Our bear was consistently able to survive on his own soloing it. The warrior and DH went splat. Then we go to looking at higher progressed guilds' logs and saw a theme. Prot pally. They trivialize it. Bubble one and spellwarding an offtank for the 2nd. Our Warrior had a sufficiently geared prot pally so she switched.
    This is what I was looking for - thanks! Now just need to study fight and make sure I know how to apply this useful tip.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

We found out that you can go the Archimonde way and just sac a tank if they can't survive it (or you don't have a pala). You have him be alone in front of it, with his back to the wall (or well not towards the edge of the platform so he doesn't get knocked down), he dies and the ability stops. Then you can have everyone soaking the other Winds and you're set.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 2016-10-04 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Someone was sharing a strat on MMO-C where the pally tank used Final Stand on himself and BoSW on other tank to make this fight easy? Looking for that thread atm as I expect to tank this on my pally tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

This is what I was looking for - thanks! Now just need to study fight and make sure I know how to apply this useful tip.
    You're a paladin tank. You don't need any of those "other tanks" shenanigans.

First violent winds - Bubble + taunt boss, negate all damage, solo soak the winds (get knocked into the wall near where you entered the platform).
    Second violent winds - Spellwarding yourself, negate all damage, solo soak the winds.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    You're a paladin tank. You don't need any of those "other tanks" shenanigans.

First violent winds - Bubble + taunt boss, negate all damage, solo soak the winds (get knocked into the wall near where you entered the platform).
    Second violent winds - Spellwarding yourself, negate all damage, solo soak the winds.
    Thanks. Looking forward to trying this out.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"