Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    This is why I am happy my country consists mainly of atheists, by the way.
    Most Zionist Jews are secular but don't let that crush your world view.

- - - Updated - - -

ITT: People who don't know anything about the Israel-Palestine conflict and blame it solely on religious differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Territory taken in military conquest is not "yours" and settling it is a war crime.

In 1947, the newly formed Israeli government, made up of former terrorists from Irgun and Lehi, began an ethnic cleansing campaign in the UN partitioned Israeli territory. When the Arab league responded with military intervention, Israel won, and subsequently began an illegal settling campaign. Egypt and Jordan, while occupying Palestinian territory, did not attempt to annex or settle Palestinian territory. 1967 borders aren't enough for Palestine. The new borders should reflect the original UN partition plan. If Israel begins to attack and annex more Palestinian territory, they should face a NATO bombing campaign until they withdraw.
    Israeli government in 1947?interesting considering the forming of Israel was declared on May 14th, 1948 declaration which was the defacto reason for the Arab invasion the day after and not your absurd claim.
    By the way, Transjordan aka Jordan occupied Judea and Samaria in the 1948 war, renamed it to West Bank and annexed it in 1950 just fyi.

You can also forget about the original plan, they had the chance and chose war, tough luck pal deal with it.
    as for the NATO bombing campaign, lmao...

Quote Originally Posted by Mavett View Post
    Israeli government in 1947?interesting considering the forming of Israel was declared on May 14th, 1948 declaration which was the defacto reason for the Arab invasion the day after and not your absurd claim.
    By the way, Transjordan aka Jordan occupied Judea and Samaria in the 1948 war, renamed it to West Bank and annexed it in 1950 just fyi.

You can also forget about the original plan, they had the chance and chose war, tough luck pal deal with it.
    as for the NATO bombing campaign, lmao...
    Israel is a middle eastern Serbia. It should be dealt with accordingly. And do you really think a government gets put together after the declaration of establishment?

What exactly is Israel's long term plan here? Frankly, I think at this point the international community wouldn't object too strongly if Israel simply annexed the West Bank, but that would also mean granting citizenship to all of the Palestinians living there which of course Israel would never do. From what I can see, the plan is to settle more and more land and make life so unbearable for the Palestinians that they simply leave which opens the door for Israel to swoop in and claim the land later, but given that no other country will take them, they wouldn't have anywhere else to go.

Deleted
    A two state solution is a terrible idea which is never going to work anyway. Only one country can win and it should be Israel, and it will be of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    What exactly is Israel's long term plan here? Frankly, I think at this point the international community wouldn't object too strongly if Israel simply annexed the West Bank, but that would also mean granting citizenship to all of the Palestinians living there which of course Israel would never do. From what I can see, the plan is to settle more and more land and make life so unbearable for the Palestinians that they simply leave which opens the door for Israel to swoop in and claim the land later, but given that no other country will take them, they wouldn't have anywhere else to go.
    Israeli settlers often settle lands without the approval of their government. It isn't all one giant plan on the part of the Israeli government for a massive takeover of the West Bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Israeli settlers often settle lands without the approval of their government. It isn't all one giant plan on the part of the Israeli government for a massive takeover of the West Bank.
    That may have been the case for the early settlements, but these days the Israeli government doesn't even try to pretend that the settlements are official policy or hide their intent to claim all of the West Bank.

Europe drove millions of European Jews out of Europe and these people moved to Palestine where they created Israel. Israel has been destabilizing the Middle East since the end of WWII.

I'm a fan of Israel, it's a democracy with a solid economy and they have shown a great deal of restraint. If I could wave a wand and make Palestinians and Israelis get along and accept each other I would.

I'm just don't know what the solution is.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    What the hell guys, you're really thinking that because Israel is a Jewish state, it's ultra-religious ? If that's the case, you're really clueless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    and they have shown a great deal of restraint.
    So you applaud them becuse they do not massacring Palestinians, and only build new settlements?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nuke Israel and start over.

infracted - trolling. Do not edit out mod warnings
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-10-03 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Territory taken in military conquest is not "yours" and settling it is a war crime.

In 1947, the newly formed Israeli government, made up of former terrorists from Irgun and Lehi, began an ethnic cleansing campaign in the UN partitioned Israeli territory. When the Arab league responded with military intervention, Israel won, and subsequently began an illegal settling campaign. Egypt and Jordan, while occupying Palestinian territory, did not attempt to annex or settle Palestinian territory. 1967 borders aren't enough for Palestine. The new borders should reflect the original UN partition plan. If Israel begins to attack and annex more Palestinian territory, they should face a NATO bombing campaign until they withdraw.
    Yes, we did an ethnic cleansing of Arabs, this is why over 20% of our citizens are Arabs... Oh wait.
    By the way, those Arabs (nearly all of them Muslims) vote, enjoy social rights and benefits. Some of the non-Muslim Arab minorities, like the Druzes, serve in the army, and have served with me.
    Not even going to address the rest of your delusional ramblings.

Quote Originally Posted by zmp View Post
    And who would do it? your country?
    Everyone knows that if Israel is getting hit with nukes then the country that did it will get hit with 200-300 nukes and be erased as a whole from the face of the Earth.

There is already a plan to do it if we get to it. Do you hate your people so much that you wish for your entire people extinction?

To the OP:

Good, I hope they build more as its Israel land.
    Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    The people you are calling "terrorists" are in fact "freedom-fighters", no amount of stabbings is going to change this.

Neither side seems very interested in peace. Hopefully cooler heads will prevail.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by zmp View Post
    And who will do that? there is no one in the middleeast able to take on Israel and win.

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    since 2000, there has been like 12,000+ rockets fired into Israel..and like.. 33 deaths?

now how many CHILDREN (not women, not men, not adults.. CHILDREN) have been killed by Israel in the same time? 2100+...
    The fact is that we take every step possible to defend our civilians, while Hamas uses inflated numbers (like yours far fetched, disconnected with reality, numbers reported by Palestinian authorities) to paint a picture where we are villains who target civilians. Our casualties are low because we have sophisticated anti-rocket systems, the best in the world, but it doesn't mean we are supposed to sit back while fired upon. Israel does its best to avoid civilian casualties, on the other hand I have seen Hamas operatives use children as shields, likewise they use UN establishments, schools and hospitals as launch sites and weapon storage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Neither side seems very interested in peace. Hopefully cooler heads will prevail.
    I want peace, so most of us. But peace isn't unconditional, peace requires work, peace requires trust. Peace requires sacrifice, on both sides. I am willing dismantle some of the settlements and agree on borders, and not some ridiculous 50 years old borders. A peaceful Palestinian country along side Israel has a lot to gain. But it can't happen at the moment, we all know how it will end.

What a shocking development. Almost as shocking as the Israeli posters, with few other special cases, thinking that land is theirs because reasons (despite not even US, which otherwise bends over to Israel at any opportunity, sharing that view) whitewashing the shit out of this.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2016-10-02 at 10:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    What a shocking development. Almost as shocking as the Israeli posters with few other special cases thinking that land is theirs because reasons (despite not even US, which otherwise bends over to Israel at any opportunity, sharing that view) whitewashing the shit out of this.
    The funniest part is these threads always manage to produce a newly registered torch bearer for the Israeli government.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowrunner View Post
    The fact is that we take every step possible to defend our civilians, while Hamas uses inflated numbers (like yours far fetched, disconnected with reality, numbers reported by Palestinian authorities) to paint a picture where we are villains who target civilians.
    What a coincidence that UN's numbers of civilian casualties in 2014 Gaza War were much closer to the ones given by Palestine while the numbers given by Israel were half of UN's.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    The funniest part is these threads always manage to produce a newly registered torch bearer for the Israeli government.
    Ah, true, matches my experiences as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    What a coincidence than UN's numbers of civilian casualties in 2014 Gaza War were much closer to the ones given by Palestine while the numbers given by Israel were half of UN's.
    You mean the same UN that have 20 resolutions on Israel and 4 on the rest of the world combined? The same UN that employs Hamas activists that steal aid money to build attack tunnels? Shocking.

It was already proven that the numbers are closer to Israels numbers however it requires basic math, so I guess you won't understand but you can ask a friend to explain it to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    The people you are calling "terrorists" are in fact "freedom-fighters", no amount of stabbings is going to change this.