Thread: [TV] Westworld

Page 40 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Season 2 ep 1 has me all wondering where the line is on "how complicated does an AI get before it can attain sentience? Where is the line?"

Deleted
    Omg! It is really happening. I don't know how can I wait one more week for another episode!

7+ Year Old Account
    Like others have mentioned, I wasn't so sure about HBO doing a second season. I liked where season 1 ended; good job all around. But, I can't fault a business for seeking to milk a profitable product so.... here we go, season 2!

So far so good. I've been drawn back in. I'm curious to see where the stories go.

Congratulations, William. This game is meant for you.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    havent seen the first ep yet but does it live up to s1/the hype?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    havent seen the first ep yet but does it live up to s1/the hype?
    The best I can do is /shrug

It wasn't a super exciting first episode imo, but more of a setup. They seemed to be setting the season up with 3 different archs. Only 2 of which I'm personally interested in. Still pretty hyped though.

Cant wait for the summer so I can watch this. Weekly eps are so passe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    The best I can do is /shrug

It wasn't a super exciting first episode imo, but more of a setup. They seemed to be setting the season up with 3 different archs. Only 2 of which I'm personally interested in. Still pretty hyped though.
    I guess that isnt all that surprising. Nolans writing is more about the slow build

Deleted
    Did anyone else notice Leo from A way Out, I had no idea they based Leo's appearance on the actor until I saw him in episode one!

10+ Year Old Account
    So, calling it now, they're fucking us around with Bernard, like they did with Dolores in S1; he can't be both with the entry team AND Hall, and Hall fled the massacre with him, which the entry team ran across too. So rather than two timelines, I'm laying odds early that there's two Bernards.

Spoiler tags even though it's speculation.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    So, calling it now, they're fucking us around with Bernard, like they did with Dolores in S1; he can't be both with the entry team AND Hall, and Hall fled the massacre with him, which the entry team ran across too. So rather than two timelines, I'm laying odds early that there's two Bernards.

I was thinking the same thing Endus. The different parts of Bernard's story didn't sync up well.

10+ Year Old Account

Ehm, yeah ofc it is. It is Westworlds gimmic now.

It's more likely that it's two timelines. When Bernard meets with the Entry Team's head of security/operations, he says that communication's been down for 2 weeks, and later on the beach when they're viewing the dead hosts last memory, it was said to be time-stamped to 11 days ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aflakk47 View Post
    It's more likely that it's two timelines. When Bernard meets with the Entry Team's head of security/operations, he says that communication's been down for 2 weeks, and later on the beach when they're viewing the dead hosts last memory, it was said to be time-stamped to 11 days ago.
    Eh, maybe. I think a 2-week window is a REALLY short timeframe to be dealing with, though, unless they're expecting to fit the entire season's action within that period. Which is possible, but tight, especially if they start expanding to other parks.

The weird thing to me is that the entry team Bernard (we need better labels) isn't really saying much at all; he's been incredibly passive thus far. I'm sure it means something, but the first episode isn't enough.

Retirement looks good on Floki. He must have gained immortality in Iceland.

10+ Year Old Account
    Music by Djawadi is great as always.

So they just butchered a master piece. It's officially average now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    This is mearly a build up episode. Look at GOT first episode of every season. You wouldn’t find them very interesting.
    GoT is average barring the first 2/3 seasons. The best is the first season and you feel the quality even in the first episode of season 1.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Like others have mentioned, I wasn't so sure about HBO doing a second season. I liked where season 1 ended; good job all around. But, I can't fault a business for seeking to milk a profitable product so.... here we go, season 2!

So far so good. I've been drawn back in. I'm curious to see where the stories go.

Congratulations, William. This game is meant for you.
    HBO signed a 5 season contract for the show from what I understand. They hope it fills the gap for Game of Thrones ending. Also, there are more worlds than just WestWorld and Samurai World --- Roman World and Medieval World.

Gotta love Michael Crichton, may he RIP. Man was an awesome story teller. - This series is based off of Michael Crichton's Westworld, a movie written and directed by him in 1973. People are more familiar with his other work, Jurassic Park.

Looking forward to seeing Roman World and Medieval World being introduced, and then possibly....FutureWorld.

Editing one more time - The dead tiger in the season opener should of hinted to Roman World
    Last edited by Demona3; 2018-04-26 at 06:02 AM.
    Yes, I draw my own avatars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Without spoilers, what did you guys think about first episode?
    Note: I'll see it later this evening.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post
    Without spoilers, what did you guys think about first episode?
    Note: I'll see it later this evening.
    It's a bit slow, but that's largely because they have a season to set up, and we don't have the newness of Season 1 to offset it. There's a bunch of interesting hooks laid out, though, although they're either being less subtle about their "twist" this season, or the lack of subtlety is a big-ass red herring so we ignore the "real" twist.