Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

There is too much grind in Legion

Sorry but there is nothing fun about having to spend 2 hours every day grinding artifact power and class hall resources by doing the same quests over and over again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WOWandchill View Post
    Sorry but there is nothing fun about having to spend 2 hours every day grinding artifact power and class hall resources by doing the same quests over and over again.
    You don't have to.

You don't have to do the same stuff over and over again every day.

You don't have to do just one thing to get further.

There are a multitude of options available, you don't have to focus on one.

7+ Year Old Account
    how does anyone have a lack of resources? ive been doing
    work orders for equipment for my followers
    allways sending guys out on missions
    artifact knowlege 6
    on my final class hall research
    and ive got every class hall item of my item set at 840 (850 for shoudlers) and i still have 6k resources.... how do people have a hard time getting them?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    how do people have a hard time getting them?
    According to what I've heard from the few friends I have still playing, they had minor issues until they unlocked WQs. I assume it's on the same level as the garrison resource income in wod until you got the good missions...

Deleted
    I get you bro its such a pain to grind so much for this artifact power and if u dont grind u will get behind..

my main issues with resources is a lack of desire to go out and do the WQ that offer resources. I still just dropped 12k on the next stage of research and have 2k left over to play with.

I wonder how much resource I'll be getting in about a week and a half cause it's a rogue running WQ with a combat ally with a pair of equips to grant a total of 50 extra resource per quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    back up to 8.5k order resources and I don't do farm any order resources at all. At this point the only thing I do for WQ is the AP missions, and any that could possibly have a gear upgrade. Sure I'm going to be way behind on my final class hall upgrade, but as I've yet to get a first legendary, I'm no worried about being able to equip a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    According to what I've heard from the few friends I have still playing, they had minor issues until they unlocked WQs. I assume it's on the same level as the garrison resource income in wod until you got the good missions...
    well yeah but getting world quests unlocked is pretty easy, as really you should try to get loremaster (for flying, and for AP/quests/Order resources)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    back up to 8.5k order resources and I don't do farm any order resources at all. At this point the only thing I do for WQ is the AP missions, and any that could possibly have a gear upgrade. Sure I'm going to be way behind on my final class hall upgrade, but as I've yet to get a first legendary, I'm no worried about being able to equip a second.
    yeah i know right :P
    every mythic every week (yes all 10 on week 1)
    tons of heroic runs
    full norml, and heroic EN clear this week and last week, including the LFR bosses this week
    every emisarry cache since day 1
    every withered cache every 3 days
    about 20 mythic+ plus the end of the week cache

11 days till i can equip 2 legendaries !!!! now if only i had one! meanwhile a rather casual player in our guild has 3
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Are you in a hurry? What's the rush?

Also, grinding is a part of MMO gaming. You won't find any MMO anywhere that doesn't have a grind of some kind.

An MMO is, by definition, something that will suck up your playtime.

Were you expecting something else?

I agree with you, while Acti-Blizz used clever spin to mask the clearly targeted time sink (grind) at the end of the day one goes around every day for hours farming resources and AP ... They (Blizz) want us to belive that by awarding AP from various sources that its not a 'grind' .. Well if it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck and looks like a duck, guess what folks? Its a DUCK!

We used to gring BiS gear after reaching max level.
    We still grind BiS after reaching max level PLUS AP which increases stamina (I think up to level 30) and character power ..

So even if you just hit max level and get boosted through a raid, you are far below others who .. wait for it .. grinded months to raise AP to max level ..

While in the past 'daily' quests are what we did for some gold/resources/rep now its all that PLUS being competitive .. Its as if they want us online every day for x2 hours on average ..
    Last edited by Cempa; 2016-10-02 at 08:19 AM.

Deleted
    Ye I didn't get a legendary from the emissary box today either. Tomorrow is a new day with new adventures. Perhaps tomorrow will be our day.

The standards for what constitutes a "grind" keep falling as they keep making the game less grindy with each expansion.

People cried out loud for a return to Vanilla, guess you reap what you sow now the game has become grindy.

You don't "have" to.
    It is player-dictated expectations, not blizzard dictated ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you moaning about the game offering stuff to do? Gathering resources is effortless, you get almost 1000 simply from doing the daily cache, which requires maybe half an hour of play. You get them from all kinds of content and the costs of most things are trivial.

Quote Originally Posted by IntellectuallyChallenged View Post

Also, grinding is a part of MMO gaming. You won't find any MMO anywhere that doesn't have a grind of some kind.
    Warlords of Draenor

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Exactly this. I actually think I'm going to go back and re do one of the other advancements before I do the second legendary one. No point seeing as I don't even have one yet, no reason to throw 15k order resources away for no reason yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IntellectuallyChallenged View Post

How dare you say logical things with a name like that. That's not allowed here. Reported.

"There is nothing to do!"
    "There is too much stuff to do!"

How's it gonna be?

10+ Year Old Account
    if you arent regularly doing resource world quests or lucky enough to get them out of the emmisary cache you'll be in the position I was which caused me to start my last class upgrade 3 days later then intended. If you're spamming your class hall missions without decent income of resources you run out extremely quickly from my personal experience.

Made by dubbelbasse