Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    no idea why anyone is telling you to not cast flamestrike. I do 3-5 million dps on trash and consistently do 90%+ on loggable trash bosses, and cast flamestrike all the time.

What is your artifact weapon at? The traits are pretty important and you might be low if you're missing key traits. Definitely change your talents to conflag, incanter's flow (depending on what group you're in, RoP can be better, but for the most part imo it's not worth the cast time, I never use it), alexstraza's fury, and anything but kindling (cinderstorm is ideal but meteor is also fine as just a fire it on cd and forget it so you can focus more on burning adds, tbh I usually use meteor because it's on a longer cd and easier to manage .. however, if I want to tryhard I'd use cinderstorm, I used cinderstorm for skorp and tich progression before they became farm, but the results are nominally better than meteor, and that includes very well placed cinderstorms ... if you aren't good at cinderstorm positioning just do meteor, just don't use kindling, unfortunately it's awful).

On trash even at just a few adds (don't bother to count them, if it's a pack then do this), living bomb on whatever add looks the crappiest and will die the fastest, phoenix flames and immediately fire blast so those cd's start then flamestrike, then dragon's breath, fire blast, flamestrike, don't think about it, all that really matters is that you're always casting and always casting flamestrikes and living bombs on the shortest lived adds. You should barely have to cast fireballs. Honestly, if I find myself without heating up I'll cast scorch for the faster cast time to get heating up then cast phoenix flames or fire blast so that I can flamestrike again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    no idea why anyone is telling you to not cast flamestrike. I do 3-5 million dps on trash and consistently do 90%+ on loggable trash bosses, and cast flamestrike all the time.

What is your artifact weapon at? The traits are pretty important and you might be low if you're missing key traits. Definitely change your talents to conflag, incanter's flow (depending on what group you're in, RoP can be better, but for the most part imo it's not worth the cast time, I never use it), alexstraza's fury, and anything but kindling (cinderstorm is ideal but meteor is also fine as just a fire it on cd and forget it so you can focus more on burning adds, tbh I usually use meteor because it's on a longer cd and easier to manage .. however, if I want to tryhard I'd use cinderstorm, I used cinderstorm for skorp and tich progression before they became farm, but the results are nominally better than meteor, and that includes very well placed cinderstorms ... if you aren't good at cinderstorm positioning just do meteor, just don't use kindling, unfortunately it's awful).

On trash even at just a few adds (don't bother to count them, if it's a pack then do this), living bomb on whatever add looks the crappiest and will die the fastest, phoenix flames and immediately fire blast so those cd's start then flamestrike, then dragon's breath, fire blast, flamestrike, don't think about it, all that really matters is that you're always casting and always casting flamestrikes and living bombs on the shortest lived adds. You should barely have to cast fireballs. Honestly, if I find myself without heating up I'll cast scorch for the faster cast time to get heating up then cast phoenix flames or fire blast so that I can flamestrike again.
    i do 5-6million dps on trash and im pretty sure i have never casted flamestrike once this entire expansion

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    i do 5-6million dps on trash and im pretty sure i have never casted flamestrike once this entire expansion
    Any reason WHY ?

Living bomb is great, Breath with Diadem is great, but what do you do, while LB is on CD, Breath is on cd, you have Hot Streak and a lot of trash? Don't tell me you spend your HS with pyro on 4+ mobs - this is time for flamestrike

Quote Originally Posted by Demandredd View Post
    Any reason WHY ?

Living bomb is great, Breath with Diadem is great, but what do you do, while LB is on CD, Breath is on cd, you have Hot Streak and a lot of trash? Don't tell me you spend your HS with pyro on 4+ mobs - this is time for flamestrike
    Every single guide says dont FS unless its 8+ targets. I can also make up numbers with zero proof. I do 1000 billion dps and i never cast flamestrike.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    Every single guide says dont FS unless its 8+ targets. I can also make up numbers with zero proof. I do 1000 billion dps and i never cast flamestrike.
    isnt that sorta what you're doing yourself, saying that every guide says what you say it does, without providing proof? the altered time fire guide says 4+ targets without flame patch and on 2+ targets with flame patch, here's the link https://www.altered-time.com/forum/v...17e3020a7a7c69

oh, ive literally just disproved your claim that every guide says what you said coz there is atleast 1 guide that claim otherwise and it happen to be THE forum and guide website for mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    I meant i dont cast(non instant) flamestrike....no made up numbers....

I meant i dont cast(non instant) flamestrike....no made up numbers....
    Lol. You really thought about hard cast flamestrike?It is like Pyro without bracers - discussion is always about instants, nobady talks about hard casting, it is obvious

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demandredd View Post
    Lol. You really thought about hard cast flamestrike?It is like Pyro without bracers - discussion is always about instants, nobady talks about hard casting, it is obvious
    i guarantee there thousands of mages out there that think its ok to cast FS....

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's awesome, but you're doing it wrong, and that's not even debateable
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    That's awesome, but you're doing it wrong, and that's not even debateable
    so u think i should cast FS?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Only if you want to clear trash efficiently.
    but should i cast it or just use instants?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    so u think i should cast FS?
    Just use instants
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore