Resto: Mouseover Macro Mystery: HELP!

So I've been using various macros for ages, and this problem truly has me stumped. I have searched around the forums and the web and I haven't found a solution, so I'm reaching out to you all. Perhaps someone else has had the same problem, or perhaps its just a weird bug.

I recently went about trying to set up all my mouse over macros for my resto spec. I tried out a rejuvenation macro:

The macro works for mouse over, but for whatever reason will not jump to my targeted player when there is no mouse over... ok weird.
    I try the EXACT string to lifebloom and regrowth... It is suddenly fully functional.

Both work for mouse over, and then when mouse over isn't present, will cast on my target. WTF am I doing wrong? Is this just a bug? Maybe my machine? I have no clue, send help! Haha

PS. Welp the forum won't let me post the damn macros because the account is new, but has anyone experienced something similar?

Deleted
    For me it generally looks like

#showtooltip
    /use [target=mouseover, nodead, noharm, exists] skillname; skillname
    Last edited by mmoc074c0f2a05; 2016-10-02 at 03:23 PM.

Tried that string, works for lifebloom, regrowth, all spells, except rejuvenation.

Deleted
    Maybe its your button you are using? Or is it a shift+button or something?

There's probably some small issue with the macro that makes it behave oddly. Miss a symbol and it gets weird. If the spell name is mentioned more than once in the macro, there might be some hard-to-spot typo in one of the words. If you're using a "/cast bla bla Rejuvenation; Rejuvenation" type macro, that would explain your problem.

The simplest macro to do what you want to do should be this:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover, help][] Rejuvenation
    The "[]" part means that if all else fails, the spell works like it normally would. If you want to get fancy, you can have it cast Moonfire if you mouseover an enemy, but that makes the macro much longer and more prone to errors.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    There's probably some small issue with the macro that makes it behave oddly. Miss a symbol and it gets weird. If the spell name is mentioned more than once in the macro, there might be some hard-to-spot typo in one of the words. If you're using a "/cast bla bla Rejuvenation; Rejuvenation" type macro, that would explain your problem.

The simplest macro to do what you want to do should be this:

The "[]" part means that if all else fails, the spell works like it normally would. If you want to get fancy, you can have it cast Moonfire if you mouseover an enemy, but that makes the macro much longer and more prone to errors.
    Still nothing. Its just so strange that it is working for all other spells but rejuvenation. I'm currently in the process of building a new rig. Fingers crossed it resolves it self on the new machine. Thanks folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could you copy/paste your Rejuvenation macro here so we can see if there's any spelling/syntax errors?

@Alltat are you using elvui or shadow and light?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine looks like this noadays:

Code:
    #showtooltip Rejuvenation
    /use [@mouseover, help, nodead] Rejuvenation
    /use [@target, harm, nodead] Sunfire; Rejuvenation
    The Help part is the important one I guess.
    This one works as
    mousover: rejuv,
    target: rejuv
    without target: rejuv yourself
    enemy target and no mouseover: its sunfire

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [@mouseover,help,nodead] [help,nodead] [@player] Rejuvenation
    That's the one I use, it's the same for pretty much every other heal spell. Try that?