Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cohren View Post
    Not having a personal damage reduction CD drastically increased the skill cap for higher level mythic+'s and to a lesser extent raids. Positioning becomes that more important such as staying out of LOS of the trash mobs but still in LOS of the tank/group but even this is only a temporary strategy because invariably you will have to pop out to heal the melee which becomes complete luck if you get killed or not. Looking at you barraging archers!
    While that works on trash, you can't exactly do that on bosses.

I've had the use Guardian Spirt to survive the shadow bolt volley from the final boss of DHT +9, I highly doubt this was the intended use of Guardian Spirit.
    Yeah, I agree that we should have something baseline, GS is definitely not the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    While that works on trash, you can't exactly do that on bosses.

Yeah, I agree that we should have something baseline, GS is definitely not the answer.
    As we move up in mythics this is going to be a larger and larger problem, to the extent that priests will be foreclosed from the content. But this is a theme blizzard seems OK with.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose the answer is "stack versatility" and "hope for avoidance on gear" in case of aoe attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by PeopleReady View Post
    As we move up in mythics this is going to be a larger and larger problem, to the extent that priests will be foreclosed from the content. But this is a theme blizzard seems OK with.
    Sure, but eventually gear will catch us up so that these aren't one shot mechanics, but that's definitely not the answer in my opinion.

We just had a discussion on this in the Holy Priest thread. It's not a case of "Druids have a Bres, why don't I get one?". It's that every other healer has access to personal DR baseline (even Disc has PWB) and every other healer gets a movement ability baseline (except Disc and they don't have to pay the opportunity cost that we do). We don't have access to DR at all, except through Focused Will that cannot be triggered in the places we need it. Dantalionax is the most egregious example because your tank also probably needs an external cd before the buff goes out (Guardians of the Light time), but there are plenty of others: Xavius, HoV trash stun/chain lightning combo, jagged disc assholes, etc.

As mentioned, there's a reason there were *zero* holy priests taken to any of the top Mythic EN kills, and throughput isn't it. Even Discipline got used on quite a few fights.

It's been like that for ever. Hate to break it to you but it's obviously intentional.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    It's been like that for ever. Hate to break it to you but it's obviously intentional.
    Really? Focused Will always just triggered on melee attacks? Desperate prayer always shared a talent row with Feathers? Holy Paladins always had their combat horse baseline?

Please, if you have nothing material to add to the conversation, keep your trolling to the Legion General forum.

besides GS/desperate prayer on yourself, I'd like to add that a lot of harder hitting mechanics in Mythic+ can be avoided by swapping to the BoA mythic dungeon tank trinket (purified shard of the 3rd moon) and just using the active shield at a sacrifice of damage (and healing although that's not really relevant to most dungeon bosses), and it helps a ton against the last boss of brh and the fel guard in arcway as they're demons

and if you just came back to the game and didn't get that trinket, then that kinda sucks, but look for a tank trinket or some way to increase max hp or get a shield
    Last edited by ryklin; 2016-10-03 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Notice how every class has some kind of speed boost, and every class has a heal now?
    Warlocks don't have any kind of baseline speed boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    I never said "baseline".

Priest doesn't have a baseline speed boost either, you have to talent it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Warlocks still have their tele though which can be utilized to get somewhere a lot faster than a speed boost, it's also baseline.

Nythredra is extremely stressfull , i cant do shit in this fight , i can barely save myself , these insects appear randomly
    Last edited by Vampiregenesis; 2016-10-03 at 06:51 PM.

on Elerethe Renferal Mythic if you get webbed you are going to have 2 Vile ambush while webbed. at least one of the webbed targets need to use some sort of mitigation to not kill the other with shared damage. holy has no mitigation so we require an external or the other person to have 2 mitigation. unmitigated vile ambush and web will hit for 2.2 million. even at 866 ilvl I am just under that hp.

this fight has mechanics that have soaking and with no mitigation our class is very bad at it. if we had a choice of who in raid was soaking this wouldn't be a big deal but all the mechanics that require migration are random targets(as far as i know)

10+ Year Old Account
    The Vile Ambush on Elerethe Renferal does damage based on how close you are to the drop area. So I would say get as far as possible for the drop. We just started Mythics as well last night, so I haven't see the fight Mythic, but heroic wise I noticed that mechanic is range based.

Quote Originally Posted by PeopleReady View Post
    As a holy priest, how do you survive HOV trash or BRH final boss shadowbolt volley at Mythic+7 or higher?
    Umm, they don't one shot you even on +10 Tyrannical. As for HOV trash, learn to CC a thundercaller for the double packs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Nythredra is extremely stressfull , i cant do shit in this fight , i can barely save myself , these insects appear randomly
    Yeah well, everyone has to dodge it, whoop dee doo, you aren't special.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Cohren View Post
    Not having a personal damage reduction CD drastically increased the skill cap for higher level mythic+'s and to a lesser extent raids. Positioning becomes that more important such as staying out of LOS of the trash mobs but still in LOS of the tank/group but even this is only a temporary strategy because invariably you will have to pop out to heal the melee which becomes complete luck if you get killed or not. Looking at you barraging archers!

I've had the use Guardian Spirt to survive the shadow bolt volley from the final boss of DHT +9, I highly doubt this was the intended use of Guardian Spirit.
    Intended use for Guardian Spirit is to prevent death ? :P

yeah I can say that at times when druids were lacking damage reduction in wod, I have used ironbark on myself more than I'd like to admit (bear form is good again after being crap for all of wod, so not really needed now), but I do think now that GS is at a 4.5min cd and I have to use a tank trinket to not die while healing on my alt that I don't really do much other than dungeons, alchemy and a little pvp on

I mean in dungeons though, I don't feel that bad swapping out to a 1M anti-demon shield trinket for just 1 boss, raids are where it bothers me more

my best idea for now is keep clarity of will as it is atm (kind of shitty, mostly just a pvp talent to be able to ST heal while shadowlocked as disc), but make it baseline for both specs?

I think that would be kind of fun and give all priests a really cool niche spell, would it be too op? thoughts? I think it would be a good small band-aid until blizz actually wants to give priests something fleshed out.

Deleted
    Well the one unique thing all priest specs had was PW:shield. You wouldn't spam it as holy but it was an instant cast, low cool down damage mitigation you can use on yourself in a tight squeeze when on the move. Now that's gone and it hasn't been replaced with anything, our hard casting nature had become more of a hindrance. My shout would be to bring back pws as a self cast only (for holy). Plus it has the history of being a very 'priesty' spell.
    Last edited by mmocc2d3f013de; 2016-10-04 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Warlocks still have their tele though which can be utilized to get somewhere a lot faster than a speed boost, it's also baseline.
    Teleport was removed in 7.0. It's a talent now.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyClamsLive View Post
    The Vile Ambush on Elerethe Renferal does damage based on how close you are to the drop area. So I would say get as far as possible for the drop. We just started Mythics as well last night, so I haven't see the fight Mythic, but heroic wise I noticed that mechanic is range based.
    There's a mechanic on mythic where the several people get webbed together (duos). The damage you get from vile ambush is x2 (Shared dmg): your own and your web partner. Without mitigation, my web partner and I were on the extreme opposite of the ambush, about as far away as you can get with druid speed boost: we still took 2+ million damage each and keeled over. Holy priest have no damage reduction so you either have to GS yourself, or have an external applied.