Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I never got into the Pirates of Carribean franchise. Is it good? Like really good? Or is it just like, big budget classic predictable cliche movies with a pirate theme?
    The first one is really good and has a nicely paced, well written self contained story.

The next two movies in the serie are obvious cash-grab movies after they realized the first one actually was massive success and they had to slap something on it. It basically becomes a serie of Jack Sparrow memes that then tries to pretend there was always this 'trilogy' of movies worked out around to support his antics (Whereas in the first one he was a good character amongst the others). There are some good scenes in the latter two movies but all in all it's clear recyclement of what the studio suits think made first one popular.

I wish I could comment on the fourth movie but I've never managed to watch it to end without falling asleep somewhere midway. Might as well call it "Milk Jack Sparrow Dry" the Movie.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Latest news: The same hackers who were trying to blackmail Netflix for money or they would leak the new season of Orange is the new black (which got leaked since Netflix didn't pay) recently hacked Disney and are now blackmailing them, telling them to pay up or they will leak the new Pirates movie on the internet.

I wonder how it will play out.

Quote Originally Posted by dirk123 View Post
    Latest news: The same hackers who were trying to blackmail Netflix for money or they would leak the new season of Orange is the new black (which got leaked since Netflix didn't pay) recently hacked Disney and are now blackmailing them, telling them to pay up or they will leak the new Pirates movie on the internet.

I wonder how it will play out.
    Damn hackers are ballers. Blackmailing Disney and thier army of lawyers

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Damn hackers are ballers. Blackmailing Disney and thier army of lawyers
    Well, if they use a no-logging VPN and generally hide their assess behind countless aliases and whatnot, I don't think these lawyers can do fuck all to them. Unless it's terrorism or some serious shit like this(and even then), you're never going to get any assistance from the VPN companies... since well, they keep no logs of anything :P

Deleted
    My first thought was... again undead pirates? But then I noticed Javier Bardem being in it and all was forgiven. That guy is awesome!

Depp/Sparrow is really not as interesting anymore sadly. Barbossa outshines him in all movies except the first.

As someone whom has literally fallen asleep with On Stranger Tides all the three times I've tried to watch it, how fast will I fall asleep with this one?
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I'll watch this movie on friday. From my experience I really like the first PotC, but after that they got worse with every sequel. Dead Man's Chest was decent, At World's End has its moments but felt all over the place, On Stranger Tides was pretty bad with a rather uninteresting plot. Still willing to give this one a chance and it feels like forever since a new PotC came out.

Personally I enjoyed this movie A LOT more than On Stranger Tides. I enjoyed it so much I didn't notice the continuity errors.

I have no interest in supernatural villains again. Ill pass. As i said earlier in this thread, they needed to go with some sort of upper crust aristocrat as the villain.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.