War Belt of the Sentinel Army

How useless is this item as a Sidewinders marks hunter? IcyVeins has it listed as one of the best, but I'm assuming that's for a multishot build, not a sidewinders. In a realistic scenario I never get it to more than 1 stack -- 10% increased dmg -- which makes it quite useless.

The fact that it buffs single target for Sidewinders despite being an AOE focused legendary is already good as is. If you specced out of Sidewinders you wouldn't get any benefit from it on single target.

Also, Sidewinders AoE is fuckhuge so any fight with adds means you will almost assuredly get an additional stack per add. Multishot AoE is much smaller and centered around the target and won't hit everything in between. While multishot spam might get you more total stacks, Sidewinders will produce more stacks per cast in most scenarios.
    Last edited by WeaszelB; 2016-10-03 at 03:48 AM.

Useless? Not at all. Say your Aimed shot crits for 600k on average. Say you shoot 10 Sidewinders over the course of a 60 second fight. That's 10 aimed shots that gain 10% damage, making for an extra 600k damage over 60 seconds. Which is 10k dps. Of course that's being generous with crits and stuff like that for single target only. Now say you are able to hit 2 targets with every sidewinders over that same 60 seconds. That's 10 aimed shots that gain 20% damage, for a gain of 1200k dmg, or 20k dps. Now imagine on big cleave fights like Il'gynoth where you're constantly hitting 10 or so mobs, where every aimed shot after a sidewinders gains 100% damage, for a total of 6 million damage over the course of 60 seconds, or 100k dps.
    This is probably really shitty math, but just proving a point.
    <Decidedly Uncouth> Horde Mal'Ganis

Far from useless. Sure it may not seem great on paper, but pending on the fight you can get some pretty hard hitting AimedShots every now and then.

I already got the Snow Shoes. I hope I get the belt next. The shoes are cool in all, but in Mythic+ all it really does is allow me to use it on Trash more frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    Far from useless. Sure it may not seem great on paper, but pending on the fight you can get some pretty hard hitting AimedShots every now and then.

I already got the Snow Shoes. I hope I get the belt next. The shoes are cool in all, but in Mythic+ all it really does is allow me to use it on Trash more frequently.
    You're saying that as if it isn't extremely gamechanging to have trueshot up for almost every big trash pull in a dungeon. MM's burst AOE dps under trueshot is freaking insane, and I'm super bummed I got the marked shot ring over the boots. Those things are absolutely incredible for pushing Mythic+; Especially as they'll also increase your singletarget to focus down specific targets while doing all that juicy AOE.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Once we can use two legendaries, those two combined will likely make MM one of the strongest classes for Mythic+
    I'd argue MM already is, assuming you're at 3 trueshot traits+relics (which most won't be; Only at 3 out of 6 so far myself). Having the huge burst CD up 50% more often than BM can *really* be felt, and MM is a lot more versatile in how it can be used (dangerous kittycat threatening to jump-KO your ranged? KO it with trueshot. Stampede does nada, it'd just jump out of the line of beasties. Likewise, stampede is good for AOE - not burning something down).