Thread: Legendary Neck

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smank View Post
    So? Ilvl means nothing. Stats are the only thing that matters on gear
    895 has the best stats though..
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

What the hell is up with this thread? Are people really this bad at the game?

Yeah they removed primary stats from jewelry, but they compensated by increasing the amount of secondary stats they give. Necks and rings are still good gear pieces, possibly moreso than before..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I have this neck as well. As a SPriest, I want Haste, of which this neck has none. On top of that, the crafted neck gives you 30 insanity on-use which is incredibly useful for getting into your first void form, especially on fights where you Hero on pull. So I will likely not be using it until I get enough Haste from the rest of my gear, which may not be until we're in the next raid tier.
    You're giving up 45 ilvls (I assume) for a long CD that saves you, what, 3 seconds?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonsno View Post
    Atleast it's not the Sephuz's Secret. Nobody can say that one's quite powerful, especially as a vengeance DH.
    My first legendary was Pyrdaz, guess what my second was?

No fucking legendary would be better than getting those two.....
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    You're giving up 45 ilvls (I assume) for a long CD that saves you, what, 3 seconds?
    If it had a primary stat on it, I'd agree with you. But since it's just stats, I'd much prefer to have a well itemized piece 45 ilvls lower with an on-use effect that actually does something for my DPS. Like I said, I'll likely use it once I have more haste from the rest of my gear but right now it's just a steaming fucking turd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    It has the most stats, but more != better

Especially for some classes where 1000 of your best stat is worth more than 2000 of your worst

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    Not really as for this particular legendary the stats are good, but the boots you can get on a fire mage have shit stats and my 850 boots with crit are better for my dps. I really wish gs/ilvl never happened because now people just see a high ilvl and they think it's a good item. Like i said, stats are the only thing that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Smank View Post
    Not really as for this particular legendary the stats are good, but the boots you can get on a fire mage have shit stats and my 850 boots with crit are better for my dps. I really wish gs/ilvl never happened because now people just see a high ilvl and they think it's a good item. Like i said, stats are the only thing that matter
    And ilevel is what decides the amount of stats on an item, which at some point most certainly does outweigh having the "best" stats(even for classes with huge outlier stats like Shadow/Fire)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Lets compaire this legendary necklace with double haste crafted neck:

Statweights stolen from Twintops StM weights found in Priest Discord.
    Int = 1.00
    Crit = 1.26
    Haste = 1.78
    Mast = 1.07
    Vers = 0.94

Blessed Dawnlight Medallion of the Impatient
    +1836 Haste x 1,78 = 3268

vs

Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus
    +771 Critical Strike x 1,26 = 971
    +1389 Mastery x 1,07 = 1486
    971 + 1486 = 2457

There is huge diffirence between crafted and legendary necklace. I didnt even count the on-use effect :P

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    And ilevel is what decides the amount of stats on an item, which at some point most certainly does outweigh having the "best" stats(even for classes with huge outlier stats like Shadow/Fire)
    It'd take an absolute shit ton of stats before a versatility item is better than a crit item for fire mage

Quote Originally Posted by heasy View Post
    Got the legendary neck for my first legendary as a mage. First thing I tried to do was disenchant it. Can confirm this is not possible. /quitwow
    And you're now less likely to get another legendary on that character.
    You're probably better of leveling a new mage and try to gear that one up. Only takes like a week to get up to 850 or so and then a week or two in a raid.

Sucks, but thats how "great" the gearing system is in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemski View Post
    Lets compaire this legendary necklace with double haste crafted neck:

Statweights stolen from Twintops StM weights found in Priest Discord.
    Int = 1.00
    Crit = 1.26
    Haste = 1.78
    Mast = 1.07
    Vers = 0.94

Blessed Dawnlight Medallion of the Impatient
    +1836 Haste x 1,78 = 3268

vs

Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus
    +771 Critical Strike x 1,26 = 971
    +1389 Mastery x 1,07 = 1486
    971 + 1486 = 2457

There is huge diffirence between crafted and legendary necklace. I didnt even count the on-use effect :P
    Didn't realise he had a pure haste neck. Fair enough then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    What spec is your mage? It has the perfect stats for Fire and Arcane. As for Frost it has Crit.
    Arcane doesn't give a rats about Crit. It's the top legendary for world content though, tied with the blink shield legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Arcane doesn't give a rats about Crit. It's the top legendary for world content though, tied with the blink shield legendary.
    Go check Icy veins. Crit >= Mastery then Vers then Haste

http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/arcane-...-stat-priority

Deleted
    Didn't realise he had a pure haste neck. Fair enough then.
    Are you trying to tell us INT is the worst stat besides vers? NO one is gullible enough to believe that, try again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Go check Icy veins. Crit >= Mastery then Vers then Haste

http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/arcane-...-stat-priority
    That's wrong, furty has no clue about Arcane.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    The legendary neck is actually quite powerful and you're not the first person I've seen make this stupid assumption. Is it a dps boost? No. But right now with our healthpools it easily will count for about 600k+ healing per minute which is very helpful in raids and 5 man dungeons, especially in mythic progression where most of the time your suitability is far more important than being able to pull 3-5% more dps.

Am I saying it's the best legendary? Obviously not. You'll want a dps legendary over this. But don't underestimate how good this legendary actually is. My neck absorbed over 4,000,000 damage on Mythic Nyth last night. That's nothing to sneeze at.
    Other legendaries are a lot more than 3-5% more dps

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Honestly, I'd rather not get a legendary at all if it's not one that will increase my dps.
    then you are a bad palyer and know nothign about progression.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    And you're now less likely to get another legendary on that character.
    You're probably better of leveling a new mage and try to gear that one up. Only takes like a week to get up to 850 or so and then a week or two in a raid.

Sucks, but thats how "great" the gearing system is in Legion.
    doesnt suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Are you trying to tell us INT is the worst stat besides vers? NO one is gullible enough to believe that, try again.

- - - Updated - - -

That's wrong, furty has no clue about Arcane.
    Pretty sure you meant to quote the post I was quoting. That's not to say I agree with you at all.

Deleted
    People that are complaining about the neck are the morons that don't even have defensive cds on their bars let alone use it, especially the moron that state he prefer no legendary if he don't get a dps increase, ALOO, moron, its a 895 ilevel item with a defensive bonus that can save your fail ass, god, i wish you all could keep your promise and quit this game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synners View Post
    People that are complaining about the neck are the morons that don't even have defensive cds on their bars let alone use it, especially the moron that state he prefer no legendary if he don't get a dps increase, ALOO, moron, its a 895 ilevel item with a defensive bonus that can save your fail ass, god, i wish you all could keep your promise and quit this game
    I agree with this guy. clueless people getting legendaries that are actually really good and they complain because they are clueless.. such a waste. Just because it's not the best it apparently means it's bad and useless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by heasy View Post
    Got the legendary neck for my first legendary as a mage. First thing I tried to do was disenchant it. Can confirm this is not possible. /quitwow
    Thing is pretty amazing for lots of fights to be honest... You can take a marginal increase to help your guild kill most HC/Mythic's that much easier. Saying that if you don't intend to raid it's kind of a useless effect. Either way the stats are pretty useful for lots of specs as it's an 895ilvl neck.

Aren't Crit/Mastery your best 2 stats as Fire or are you playing something else?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by classic username View Post
    Its a Neck...no Mainstats who cares
    Sarcasm on or?

EVERY is missing mainstats. That doesn't mean replacing Mastery/Crit/Haste etc with higher values is irrelevant...