Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

RIP Mythic Il'gynoth zerg

On Mythic difficulty, Il’gynoth’s health has been increased by 200%, but loses one-third of that value each time the Eye of Il’gynoth is defeated.

On Mythic difficulty, each Nightmare Explosion now deals 20% more damage to the Eye of Il’gynoth.

Developers’ Notes: A common strategy for Mythic Il’gynoth involved using raid compositions that focus on maximizing burst damage to complete the encounter in a single phase. This approach removes huge portions of the encounter and can overly favor a specific set of classes and specializations, causing negative social pressures in groups that have yet to reach this encounter. These changes ensure that raid groups must enter Il’gynoth’s core twice in order to complete the encounter on Mythic difficulty, but offset that change by speeding up the process of destroying the Eye to shorten the overall length of the encounter.

Deleted
    Good, it will be nice to experience the whole fight as intended.

I agree with the spirit of this buff, but Il'gynoth was already the second hardest boss in the instance, so it seems a tad unfair and silly to buff him after so many guilds have killed him, yet Xavius, who is clearly undertuned, remains unchanged.

I think this tier is already completely ruined in so many different ways.

Ursoc cheese, Cenarius cheese, Xavius is trivial. Sad days.

Il'gynoth cheese is just more icing. Method is just gods this tier. World only guild to do all the fights as intended?
    Last edited by BiggestNoob; 2016-10-04 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    I think this tier is already completely ruined in so many different ways.

Ursoc cheese, Cenarius cheese, Xavius is trivial. Sad days.
    What's the Ursoc cheese?

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    What's the Ursoc cheese?
    The target of his charge just stands against the wall and he doesn't charge at all. I'm sure it's given ~100 guilds kills at this point.

The target of his charge just stands against the wall and he doesn't charge at all. I'm sure it's given ~100 guilds kills at this point.
    What the fudge. Didnt even know this. Like in front of him?

Wow, we just started progressing so it doesn't matter too much but this fucks over guilds that have been progressing him with the zerg in mind...

While I don't mind the principle of the buff, I do hope it goes live with the reset rather than instantly
    It's super shitty seeing lots of guilds get an "easy" kill just because they raided insane hours and got there earlier, or plain just started working on it sooner. As someone who spent half a night on it yesterday I'll be fairly upset of that time is wasted this reset because we have to rethink the setup and mentality of the boss (expose phase dps now iŕellevant as you get 2 exposed but only have to do about 320m dmg over those two phases etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    While I don't mind the principle of the buff, I do hope it goes live with the reset rather than instantly
    It's super shitty seeing lots of guilds get an "easy" kill just because they raided insane hours and got there earlier, or plain just started working on it sooner. As someone who spent half a night on it yesterday I'll be fairly upset of that time is wasted this reset because we have to rethink the setup and mentality of the boss (expose phase dps now iŕellevant as you get 2 exposed but only have to do about 320m dmg over those two phases etc).
    Yea they can't do balancing during mythic progression, but they can make drastic changes to how a boss function after 50 guilds already killed it. Such bullshit honestly.

pretty sure the boss is easier now. just bring 6 healers and face roll all damage like dragons of nightmare xd

10+ Year Old Account
    That doesn't even sound like cheese, more like bug abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    pretty sure the boss is easier now. just bring 6 healers and face roll all damage like dragons of nightmare xd
    Pretty sure the fight is always easier the loss potential fuckups you can have (1 phase). Especially when the raid was poorly tuned and many top guilds running around with 870 gear already.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    I hope they ban all of those guilds. That's clearly unintended and not just a clever use of mechanics.

Yea thats not happening.

You can cheese Cenarius? Doesn't seem reflected in the kill numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    You can cheese Cenarius? Doesn't seem reflected in the kill numbers.
    Offtank dragons to skip the healing and dps requirement for first phase essentially. Still gotta dedicate a good tank and healer to do it tho.

Deleted
    Offtank dragons to skip the healing and dps requirement for first phase essentially. Still gotta dedicate a good tank and healer to do it tho.
    How are you skipping any healer requirements like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    you aren't. you're just skipping dps reqs. it actually makes healing harder (obviously).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    you aren't. you're just skipping dps reqs. it actually makes healing harder (obviously).
    What I thought. So not a cheese just a Zerg strat. There is a difference

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Dragons don't do their pulsing dmg till they go sub 50% and breath is out ranged - it removes insane raid in favor of tank dmg. If the tank dmg makes it harder I can't say tho. All I know is I wouldn't want to deal with two dragons going nuclear back to back on wave 4.

Deleted
    Dragons don't do their pulsing dmg till they go sub 50% and breath is out ranged - it removes insane raid in favor of tank dmg.
    Still have them in p2 and it means sacrificing a raid member for another tank and possibly another healer for p2