10+ Year Old Account

deus ex man kind divided crash at first guy outside first elevator on first mission

i get crashes at the first guy that is outside the first elevator on the first level/mission "deus ex has stopped responding"verifying steam cache didn't fix it..it just delayed the crash by 2 extra seconds :/

- - - Updated - - -

???????????????????
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Okay, I'm going to try and describe my issue to you.

I always crash when I go UP in the elevator. It always happens at the same point regardless of progress in the storyline. I per definition always crash at that point in the elevator.

I fixed this by turning around as soon as I press the UP button in the elevator and stand with my face in the wall. When I do that, I can just stand there and wait for the elevator to stop, turn around and go outside. If I stand in the center of the elevator, it will crash, period.

My assumption is, that an object or texture fails to load and crashes the game. I have no substantial proof of this, but the fact that I have to face literally IN the wall to avoid crashing suggests that it's something caused by an object in your field of view. So, tip, try to have as little as possible objects in your view.