Thread: Withered J'im

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Withered J'im

Really D: How is this ever going to die on large servers - If a single person runs out of the cave the entire fight resets

Can totally see one person with taunt just sitting outside the cave and resetting him LUL

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the tip bro.

Sad fact of the matter, this is how I finally got it done:

Sit in a corner in cave (tag him every once in a while with a ranged skill) and basically sit in one spot and keep myself alive while the mindless zombies of other players attempt to kill him. After about 6 or so resets he finally went down. Normally I don't condone tagging and sitting back tactics, I made an exception for this Quality Assurance failure of an encounter.

Not to mention my PC which normally runs at a locked 60 FPS even in raids was dipping into the 20s.

What a cancerous world boss. People with low-end PCs won't even be able to do him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Sad fact of the matter, this is how I finally got it done:

Sit in a corner in cave (tag him every once in a while with a ranged skill) and basically sit in one spot and keep myself alive while the mindless zombies of other players attempt to kill him. After about 6 or so resets he finally went down. Normally I don't condone tagging and sitting back tactics, I made an exception for this Quality Assurance failure of an encounter.

Not to mention my PC which normally runs at a locked 60 FPS even in raids was dipping into the 20s.
    LOL, that is exactly what I did using Chi Waves and Crackling Jade Lightning!

I lagged logged out twice and he died after a few resets.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Something seriously wrong with that encounter that goes beyond the cave door leashing mechanic.

When I was there about half hour after reset, the entire zone was lagged so badly you could barely move. People were rubberbanding all over the place. Once I killed him - and there were about a million people there and *at least* 18-20 full-health copies of the mob running around - which the sharding tech should not have permitted, but ok. It was like we were present in many phases at once.

I thought I would quest further north in the zone, thinking that once I got away from his area the lag would stop. But no, I had 5 second lag to herb aethril in the far north end of the zone. I finally gave up on Aszuna for the day and went elsewhere.

Not sure what's going on with that mess, but it's more than just the resets.

Its just one of those bosses the majority of the people there need to be grouped.

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    Something seriously wrong with that encounter that goes beyond the cave door leashing mechanic.

When I was there about half hour after reset, the entire zone was lagged so badly you could barely move. People were rubberbanding all over the place. Once I killed him - and there were about a million people there and *at least* 18-20 full-health copies of the mob running around - which the sharding tech should not have permitted, but ok. It was like we were present in many phases at once.
    Sharding tech while cool and all, is prone to fail it seems on server reset day, when everyone logs back in. Or Everyone rushes to a zone at 11:01 EST, once the world boss pops.

I'm starting to really hate the CRZ\Sharding tech. I really wish they would just turn it off on maintenance day. I know it would be catastrophic for millions of players when they log in and not see 1000 other people around them. They will probably panic and just unsub right there. But it seems like it would just makes things a lot smoother. Then later in the day, they can turn it back on and the places that actually need it will get it

10+ Year Old Account
    An hour of frustration for no drops :<

0/10

Withered Jim is actually the final boss of legion.

Need a little excitement? Snap into a Slim Jim!

This is a poorly thought out world boss. Not only is the reset a thing, but when I did it today, for whatever reason there were like 4 different versions of him currently up, and only a handful of energies were actually targetable. I did about 4k damage to it, got credit for the kill, and moved on.

So far, the others, while fairly basic, were far better.

Looked like day one Oondasta when I rolled in there today.
    Last edited by Bathory; 2016-10-05 at 12:09 AM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Haven't tried it yet, but after reading the journal, I thought the disaster would be getting random DPSers to stop hammering him when he put up Resonance. Seems like there are problems that make that seem like a minor challenge!

DBM told me to Dodge Nightshifted Bolts but the entire damn screen is glowing with bullshit purple neons and Blood Elf paladins sporting pink transmogs so how the hell am I supposed to tell which is what?

I gave up after a dozen attempts of not receiving enough heals... there are less painful ways to acquire AP.

Server lag was so bad this morning from this guy that while I was doing those really exciting Kirin Tor puzzle quests I wasn't getting credit for stepping on the path. Ended up just logging out at the Val'sharah one, I hope by the time I get home tonight I can finish those on my DH.

The actually encounter wasn't so bad, was able to get up some AoE and stay alive. No loot but got the WQ credit which some people were bitching about not receiving.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

He'll bring you death, he'll give up gold,
    An encounter that's quick to get old,
    Mechanics done wrong, even when told
    We call him Withered J'im
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Oh boy another well designed item by blizz. Had a horde demon hunter tank stand outside the door for
    About a half hour taunting when we got the boss low causing resets. Boy that sure is fun. Why do the make things griefers can and will take advantage of?

Withered Jim killed my frame rate like whoa.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge