(BrM Dungeon Nightmare) Keg smash radius is way too small

Tankiness aside, we dont even have a proper ability to pick up adds
    We actually need to group up the adds tightly before we can AOE and pick them up properly, no other tank need to do this.
    That is, unless u use your artifact trait which is a defensive cooldown, not to mention with 1.25 min CD we cant even do that every pull.
    I mean, wtf come on blizzard i dont want to spend a talent point into RJW just to pick up adds properly

Deleted
    I very recently made the switch from "Eye of the Tiger" to "Chi Burst" in the level 15 talent.

It became 10x easier to pick ups adds (It's basically an hunter barrage but in a line), between the damage the spell is doing to the mobs you directly hit and the healing aggro it generate to the ones you miss, I don't have to move around to pick up adds anymore (Unless it's a constant stream of mobs).

I'm definitely not going back to EotT for dungeons, I'll just have to try "Chi Wave" (15 sec CD instead of 30 for Chi Burst).

However I still think RJW is mandatory.
    Last edited by mmoc4069d266cd; 2016-10-04 at 07:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you using RJW? It's pretty good for that.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I find myself constantly losing threat as BRM in AoE situations where a mob hasn't been hit by keg smash. RJW is not enough aoe threat to pull off of equally high geared players in mythic+ dungeons.
    Being bad is ok, just keep getting better

Our tankiness is fine. That being said I do find the AoE situation strange considering Druids during beta only had thrash then one complaint later they got swipe back. I guess they want us to stick with RJW for trash but swapping is such a pain these days.

Adds become a lot easier when (1) you unlock +10 yards range for Keg Smash and (2) when your group work with you.

I no longer need RJW nor Statue in M+ and pull extremely high DPS in AoE and aggro is usually managed via the setup of the pull anyway (line of sight, etc). It is generally the exception when a stray add gets away from the group but it's quickly fixable.

I'd recommend you persist and trust in your artifact; in the meantime RJW helps as can Chi Burst with low level area aggro.

Best of luck

I just wish Ox Statue was baseline.

Deleted
    Yeah I found initially using SD that it was tricky to pick up adds at the pace you need for anything M5+ however swapping to RJW and having the increase ranged on Keg, makes life easier and haven't had any issues since.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not a fan of RJW. I prefer special delivery. It may not have the ability to quickly snap up loose adds that RJW has, but in terms of overall throughput (damage) it's a lot higher and you save time on the killing of things. Chi Burst is a nice idea, I'll give it a go.

Is the range on keg smash only for the ability's target range, or does it also increase the radius by 10 yds?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    I am not a fan of RJW. I prefer special delivery. It may not have the ability to quickly snap up loose adds that RJW has, but in terms of overall throughput (damage) it's a lot higher and you save time on the killing of things. Chi Burst is a nice idea, I'll give it a go.

Is the range on keg smash only for the ability's target range, or does it also increase the radius by 10 yds?
    Throughput on single target yes I believe it to be higher but across an instance rather than raid setting, you'll probably find RJW higher. I've tried both extensively in M+ and found RJW comes across a clear winner by about 20-30%

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireguard View Post
    I find myself constantly losing threat as BRM in AoE situations where a mob hasn't been hit by keg smash. RJW is not enough aoe threat to pull off of equally high geared players in mythic+ dungeons.
    I have a macro that puts a skull on whatever target I am using Keg Smash on. Helps a lot and don't think I ever had a threat issue with that.

Only time DPS pulls aggro are the time they get over anxious and attack the mobs before I KS.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I really miss Keg Toss. It was one of the most thematic abilities and made Brewmasters great at aggro control.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    I have a macro that puts a skull on whatever target I am using Keg Smash on. Helps a lot and don't think I ever had a threat issue with that.

Only time DPS pulls aggro are the time they get over anxious and attack the mobs before I KS.
    Only had a few issues myself but its mostly guildy Fire mages, otherwise I scoop em up with Keg Toss or Smash easily.