10+ Year Old Account

Rank three : spirt cauldron?

Just got rank two off of Cenarius in the Emerald Nightmare... anyone know how one gets rank three?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

At the risk of being shouted and taunted at by those who are still fishing for rank 3 flask, I would also like to know the answer to this.

Edit: I assume it's another rng thingie, of course. I'm hoping, if that's right, that it's easier though I'm probably laughably wrong.

i have had such a hard time getting this

Quote Originally Posted by Spazter View Post
    i have had such a hard time getting this
    \

Pretty much everyone did. There are probably guilds who had tons of gold and could buy massive herbs and they still had problems. No idea why they needed to lock it behind 800--if they'd done that, everyone would have been, well, more OK with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got lucky and unlocked rank three Starlight Rose and Flask of Ten Thousand Scars with little effort. Still took a LOT of flasks to get to 800. Then I just finished rank three Felwort (which lets you get seeds from all herb types) and was surprised to see rank two Spirt Cauldron drop... I had assumed it was RNG based. Because rank two was dropped, I wonder if rank three is as well.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rank 2 is from Cenarius. Rank 3 is from rng making them. Took me around 15 crafts before I got rank 3 after getting rank 2.

Either RNG or the chance to get rank 3 is semi high compared to other crafts.

our cauldron crafter got it after less than 10 cauldrons so it has probably increased chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Reloe View Post
    our cauldron crafter got it after less than 10 cauldrons so it has probably increased chance.
    Oh thank God. Thank you guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fair enough,

-Kujako-

Deleted
    Out of curiousity, cant you mouse-over the ranks in your profession book? For LW I can do that and it shows how you can get the next rank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockmahparty View Post
    Out of curiousity, cant you mouse-over the ranks in your profession book? For LW I can do that and it shows how you can get the next rank.
    Nope, just shows what they do (sometimes) for Alchemy.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Rockmahparty View Post
    Alchemy is bugged and doesn't show any locations.

Btw what are the rank 3 effects ? Same as Flask/pot ? So you can potentially make 20 cauldron in one go ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ellianar View Post
    Btw what are the rank 3 effects ? Same as Flask/pot ? So you can potentially make 20 cauldron in one go ?
    The mouseover says it has a chance to create multiple cauldrons so I guess it's the same as with flasks and pots.

35 cauldron still no rank 3.

Rank 3 is from crafting Rank 2. Most people get rank 3 rather quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellianar View Post
    Theoretically, yes. Most I have seen personally is 2x, and that is having made 20-30 at rank 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoon View Post
    Rank 3 is from crafting Rank 2. Most people get rank 3 rather quickly.
    "Quickly" is not what I would all anything random. Two weeks later and nada.

-Kujako-

I got mine fairly quickly... Sad for the person who's up to 35, that's miserable.

Edit: Somewhere between 10-15 cauldrons.

After 7.1 I spent around 600 blood of sargeras to boost up alchemy.
    Fortunately. I got rank 3 in str flask.
    But after making 7 more cauldron. 42 in total. Still no rank 3.
    RNG plz