Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Brewmaster hidden artifact effect? What is it?

Been trying to find exactly what the hidden effect for Fu'Zan is.
    Guides say "Your character has a little more to say when drunk", but I tried it out a bit and couldn't find anything new.
    What exactly is it?

7+ Year Old Account
    he was asking what it does you already stated what everyone knows @Will

Brewmaster
    Hidden Effect: Your monk has a little extra to say when he or she is drunk!

In saying that, I have tested this drunk... typing etc nothing seems to trigger this effect to the point I don't even care anymore. Just another way monks got screwed this expansion compared to other useful hidden effects.

"HUR HUR YOU GUYS TALK MORE WHILE DRUNK, BUT YOU ACTUALLY DON'T HUR HUR" - Blizzard

Deleted
    This was exactly my experience, I even tried to cycle through a bunch of phrases related to monks and warcraft, but I didn't find anything changed apart from the occasional "...hic" and "sh" changes, which are standard for all drunk speech.

Quote Originally Posted by Salamancer View Post
    This was exactly my experience, I even tried to cycle through a bunch of phrases related to monks and warcraft, but I didn't find anything changed apart from the occasional "...hic" and "sh" changes, which are standard for all drunk speech.
    Correct, even tried being drunk as opposed to completely smashed. Still nothing, I've basically given up and don't even care anymore, wouldn't be surprised if its bugged and Blizzard haven't even realized yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the effect is obviously "Wanderer's Special" which is apparently activated by drinking.
    Anyone got drunk, tanked Emerald Dream then checked the logs for weird buffs?
    Adding bewbs to his Avatar since 2011

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by the9tail View Post
    Well the effect is obviously (the buff) which is apparently activated by drinking.
    Anyone got drunk, tanked Emerald Dream then checked the logs for weird buffs?
    I had seen this a while back when hunting for it. I had assumed it was merely an old datamining ghost, an ability that never made it to live.
    I'm wondering if the whole "more to say when drunk" effect is actually untrue, and just a rumour made from guides quoting each other's misinformation.

Maybe it's something that happens when drinking while already drunk?

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Maybe it's something that happens when drinking while already drunk?
    I've tried different brews (Black Ox Brew, Ironskin etc) while being Tipsy/Drunk/Smashed. Nothing happens

I'm considering maybe WE actually have to get drunk IRL then its triggers by making us drunkenly have a bit more to say about how shitty our hidden effect is.

I went into the Laughing crane today and got drunk. The background music then changed and my monk seemed to be singing along with it. I think that is all the effect is.

Turns out the slow singing in The Laughing Crane is Lorewalker Ruolin. He sings audibly for all three monk specs, whether drunk or not.

If this is what you're talking about, it is definitely not the hidden brewmaster ability.
    Last edited by stross01; 2016-10-09 at 02:00 PM.

Deleted
    Do you mean the Song of Liu Lang?
    (I'd post a link but I can't yet)

It's been in the game since MoP

7+ Year Old Account
    So like... no one on the internet seems to have found out what this skin does yet. It occurred to me that it might not happen in Legion's entire lifespan given how underplayed BrM is.

7+ Year Old Account
    GM said it was bugged in a thread on the official forum. I am waiting for it to be addressed in a Q&A or notes.

Hidden brewmaster artifact effect is no one plays brewmaster anymore.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2016-10-21 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thra View Post
    GM said it was bugged in a thread on the official forum. I am waiting for it to be addressed in a Q&A or notes.
    Got a source for that?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by plavski View Post
    Got a source for that?
    Yes. Sorry for late reply, haven't been online for couple of days.

Official Forums - Brewmaster Hidden Effect GM update

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thra View Post
    Yes. Sorry for late reply, haven't been online for couple of days.

Official Forums - Brewmaster Hidden Effect GM update
    I like how you first stated that a GM said it was bugged. When, in fact, the GM said it might be bugged.
    Hi