Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    feels like the different "specs" are the new "alts" since I now have to split AP. Makes me just want to level up 4 druids so I don't have to share AP

What you're saying is that alts are finally alts, not second mains.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is unfriendly for you to have an extreme number of alts. But having 2-3 is perfectly fine. For example:

My main is a Markman Hunter (855 ilvl, 21 traits almost at 22 traits, with 5 levels of artifact knowledge).
    My secondary Alt is a Brewmaster Monk (837 ilvl, 18 traits, 4 levels of artifact knowledge (Note: this character didn't level til end of week 2))

I log on my Hunter and do my emissary quests first. Then I look for any world quests that seem to stand out as useful. I jump over to my class hall and set my champions off for the next 8+ hours. This is about 1 hour of play.

I then log over to my Brewmaster and do his emissary quest and champions. At this point, I spend quite a bit more time running about on my brewmaster because there are very few world items my Marksman can use and the fact my Brewmaster is also my herbalist/alchemist. After all the alts real job is to farm me consumables for raid time.

So, I can easily maintain the secondary character because, I have to have a working farming character to maintain my raid readiness. At some point, my brewmaster will be geared enough to be raid available without me really trying.
    Last edited by Youn; 2016-10-05 at 04:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Here they come...the first signs of "WoD wasn't so bad after all"
    This was the case with literally any other expansion, I just used WoD as an example.
    Btw, in terms of raiding I thought that WoD was one of the best expansions so far.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    "Alt unfriendlyness" after 5 weeks....okay
    You do realize that a raid is already open right?

And comparing AP to the ring is pointless.
    If you raided at a half decent level, your guild did an alt raid anyways, so you got the same amount of progress (ie, you could get the ring by playing 3h a week.)
    With the artifact system, playtime = AP. This makes it so that you have no chance of catching up if you spent the majority of pre raid time on another class.

My issue with it is that researching 2 AP knowledge orders still takes just over 7 days just like a month ago, to be somewhat ''comfy'' and catch up to the rest you want to hit at least AK lvl 6 which still takes over 3 weeks.

I hoped by now they would have slashed the time it takes to research 1 AK order with 24 hours or so but I guess we need to wait on 7.1 for their amazing catch up system to take effect for the 1st time this expansion.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am confused why you don't think it's in place?

My Main gets a AK every 5 days.
    My secondary gets an AK every 4 days currently.

I am pretty sure when i finish leveling my DK he will get one every 3 days til he gets nearly caught up.