Thread: [Movie] Get Out

[Movie] Get Out

Well we had a good run, but it seems like somebody has finally made a film telling the truth about white people.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't know if this was a fake commercial or not when I saw it. Peele is pretty good at satire, people are going to be pissed when this trailer starts to get passed around.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I didn't know if this was a fake commercial or not when I saw it. Peele is pretty good at satire, people are going to be pissed when this trailer starts to get passed around.
    If it was a hoax, then they did an amazing job making a fake youtube account for Universal Pictures with 800k subs and multiple trailers with millions of views X_X
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

I'm in. I hope it is a real film. It looks relevant, satirical and sharp. I hope it's as good as it looks.

Im convinced this is a full blown Comedic Satirical Horror Film. Even if IMDB labels it as only Horror.

It's like a horror film directed by Spike Lee and written by M Night Shyamalan

I saw the ad for this while waiting for a youtube video, so I watched it.

Looks so bad. But the people who made the trailer can make even dumb regular film look like a horror scene so, I guess give that guy props.

its a movie about cultural appropriation

im triggered

This looks pretty impressive. Cinematography and the lead actor seem to be great. Kinda Alvarez/Dougherty style horror- which is very slick and hot right now in the genre.

Also, freaking Peele from Key & Peele of all people. Could be kinda subversive and darkly comic.

I can't tell what it's about from the trailer? Look like a family brainwashing brothers to relive some twisted slave days fantasy? But there are also zombie deer so idk, looks like another minimum budget horror.

Well, if its fake they even fooled Variety magazine because they gave it coverage.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/jo...se-1201878108/

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post

Well we had a good run, but it seems like somebody has finally made a film telling the truth about white people.

The truth that we haunt people?
    Cool.

Film looked okay, for a horror film.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    That white people (appear to) brainwash minorities into being "help" around their houses? Dang... you caught us.. how did you get it so quickly? /s

I have to wonder if Jordan Peele saw the following video, which I just found, and came up with the idea for the movie.