Summary of all affliction nerfs.

1) Comprounding horror nerf. Some people said that it's a buff, but you can test it on ptr. It DOES NOT benefit from mastery It's a nerf compared to live version.
    2) Contagion nerf. Live damage increased by 15%, PTR 12%. Nuff said.
    3) Ua now can be stacked only to 5 stacks. Nuff said.
    4) Ua dispell double nerf: on live it's capped at 50% hp of warlock so if your opponents in pvp are complete morons and dispell 10+ stacks of ua they still can die if it crits. But you should be aware that in 7.1. it nerfed even further: 1 stack of UA will do like 60k damage upon dispell.
    5) Not affliction nerf but taking that affliction is the most squishy warlock spec nerf to demon skin and dark pact beein on the same tier is pretty huge.

As you can see as of now Blizzard only nerfed spec. Probably this is how you double down warlock tankiness. Also, waiting all of those "It's only ptr" people to comment here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunlighthell View Post
    1) Comprounding horror nerf. Some people said that it's a buff, but you can test it on ptr. It DOES NOT benefit from mastery It's a nerf compared to live version.
    2) Contagion nerf. Live damage increased by 15%, PTR 12%. Nuff said.
    3) Ua now can be stacked only to 5 stacks. Nuff said.
    4) Ua dispell double nerf: on live it's capped at 50% hp of warlock so if your opponents in pvp are complete morons and dispell 10+ stacks of ua they still can die if it crits. But you should be aware that in 7.1. it nerfed even further: 1 stack of UA will do like 60k damage upon dispell.
    5) Not affliction nerf but taking that affliction is the most squishy warlock spec nerf to demon skin and dark pact beein on the same tier is pretty huge.

As you can see as of now Blizzard only nerfed spec. Probably this is how you double down warlock tankiness. Also, waiting all of those "It's only ptr" people to comment here.
    It's only ptr. Seriously though, this was mainly a PvP patch, and it is very likely that a bunch of PvE changes are coming as well, which could make a lot of things make a lot more sense. Destruction and Demo lost drain life, yet they have a PvP talent for it, and destro has an artifact trait that interacts with it. This means that drain life is going to become something else, or the ptr is unfinished so far.

New compounding horror not benefitting from mastery is something that wouldn't surprise me if they forgot, so feel free to give them that feedback.

Deleted
    Its only ptr

Deleted
    Maybe blizzard is reading the logs upside down and think that affliction tops out on every fight ^______^

Even with numbers buffed, the mechanics of the spec is still awful.

If you want a better experience than just being strong or not, you gotta give blizzard time to balance the spells on the spec-scale. Buffing/Nerfing the spec after is the easy part.

Just because they nerfed UA-dispell explo doesnt mean they think affli is 2stronk, just that its impact on affliction strengths is too big.

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't want us playing Affliction any more, because that guy in another thread said they should turn it into a Necromancer summoner spec.

Deleted
    I really like the idea of soul effigy but it doesn't work in the fast and competitive environment of WoW. Would love for blizzard to remove it and redesign affliction somewhat

Quote Originally Posted by Violetti View Post
    If you want a better experience than just being strong or not, you gotta give blizzard time to balance the spells on the spec-scale. Buffing/Nerfing the spec after is the easy part.

Just because they nerfed UA-dispell explo doesnt mean they think affli is 2stronk, just that its impact on affliction strengths is too big.
    If only they had alpha and beta to do this. Also I cant test now but it seems that they MAYBE fixed Sweet souls bug on ptr. If they didn't fix it on live it will probably take them full year to fix one CRUCIAL (for pvp) bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlighthell View Post
    This is not true. PVP Crit dmg is 150%, not 200% so it will do maximum of 75% of warlocks health. Unless for whatever reason UA works differently, if that's the case I'm wrong and sorry about that.
    Fear makes people weak. Fear is my friend.
    Twitch.tv

As much as I hate to say "its only the PTR" based upon a lot of other unwarlock relating things it appears they are slowly iterating. I would wait a bit more to see the larger scope of changes. Hopefully what looks currently like a nerf will have other aspects changed that will result in a net buff.