15+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb FoF PVP Stun PTR update

From the frontpage:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Monk (Forums, Talent Calculator, PvP Talent Calculator, Artifact Calculator)

PvP Talents

Fast Feet Reduces the duration of snares by 20%. You move 15% faster for 3 sec after being attacked. Monk Any2 Role - Tier 2 PvP Talent.

Heavy-Handed Strikes Your first strike of Fists of Fury knocks targets to the ground, stunning them for 4 sec. Fists of Fury has a 5 yard increased range, and reduces the movement speed of enemies struck by 70% for 2 sec. Windwalker Monk - Tier 5 PvP Talent.

Zen Moment Name changed from "Zen Meditation" to "Zen Moment". Reduces all damage taken by 90% for 4 sec 20% and increases incoming healing by 20% for 10 sec. Each attack that triggers Combo Strikes reduces this effect by 5%. Windwalker Monk - Tier 3 PvP Talent. 4 sec cast (Channeled). 3 min cooldown. 5 Chi. Instant. 45 sec cooldown.
    Seems like a reasonable change, that FoF only stuns when you begin casting it instead of re-stunning new targets while you're running and turning around channeling and stunning all people in front of you 4 seconds all the time. The Stun is absolutely needed for the class in arenas but it WAS silly and basically OP in bgs where often you'd stun like 10+ people with a single cast even when they were spread around.

Fast feet change, dunno, nice, but still not a talent I would take as long as the snare removal stays on roll, which I REALLY hope stays, but it not being in the PTR update notes makes me wary. Even then I'd probably take shorter teleport CD for more healing. Maybe if it reduces the SLOW of snares by 20%.

Edit: wrong formatting on Zen Moment, seems not really good now without 90% reduction.

I'm also really hoping they're gonna leave the dash talent for tiger palm instead of making it that strange ranged disable. Dash is so fun and even as good as it is it's still worse than (even the updated) FoF stun anyway so not really in need of nerfs.
    Last edited by AetherMcLoud; 2016-10-06 at 09:39 AM.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

To be honest, I thought hit is how it was supposed to work from the start.

The fact it restunned other people while moving was pretty fucked up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit, Zen Moment is looking OP af.

90% reduction with 20% heal on a 45s CD that lasts 10s???? I'd say WW just went from middle of the road defenses to one of the best in the game with that.

Now we have ToK and Zen Moment, as well as our double FSK, snare removal rolls, 5s AoE stun, FoF stun, and snare/root on demand. I foresee WWs being unkillable.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post

90% reduction with 20% heal on a 45s CD that lasts 10s???? I'd say WW just went from middle of the road defenses to one of the best in the game with that.

Now we have ToK and Zen Moment, as well as our double FSK, snare removal rolls, 5s AoE stun, FoF stun, and snare/root on demand. I foresee WWs being unkillable.
    The 90% reduction part is only for 4sec

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noocta View Post
    The 90% reduction part is only for 4sec
    Yep, it's still great though, definitely the best ability of that tree by far now. 45s CD means you'll be able to use it pretty much every fight and sometimes even twice a fight.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

The 5 chi cost isn't even that terrible - you can just save Energizing Elixer and boom, 90% damage reduction on demand.

Holy shit Zen Moment is looking very strong!!! Especially for flag carrying, you juke with trascendence -> Serenity -> Zen Moment -> Spam Effuse. Plus the Healing Winds artifact trait, you're fucking unkillable.

Deleted
    Guys, read these changes carefully. The text in red mean this is going to be removed.

Searing Light The damage of your Smite is increased by 30%. When you deal damage with Smite the cooldown of your Penance is reduced by 1 sec, and increases the damage done by your Smite by 30%. Discipline Priest - Tier 3 PvP Talent. The bolded part is red.

Zen Moment is now 20% reduction and heal INSTEAD of 4 sec 90% reduction channel. They just changed the "90% reduction for 4 seconds" into 20% reduction. Did you seriously think they would give anyone such a strong ability? It would be game breaking. Every burst - zen moment - gone. And karma. Seriously.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Zen Moment is not anywhere near OP. It actually seems shitty as hell.

20% damage reduction and 20% increased healing for 10 secs, but those bonuses reduced by 5% each time you use a combo strike ability.

So basically you get the reduction for the full 10secs as long as you don't do any meaningful damage to the enemy for 10secs AND at the cost of 5 chi.

Horrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Zen Moment is not anywhere near OP. It actually seems shitty as hell.

20% damage reduction and 20% increased healing for 10 secs, but those bonuses reduced by 5% each time you use a combo strike ability.

So basically you get the reduction for the full 10secs as long as you don't do any meaningful damage to the enemy for 10secs AND at the cost of 5 chi.

Horrible.
    Read it again, it's 90% reduction.

Deleted
    Learn to read the changes people! It's not hard. Just open MMO-Champ and see that the red part is the things that got cut off. Like the 90% 4 sec reduction changed into 20%. So yeah, the guy is right, it's pretty shitty as you will lose the effect if you start dpsing.
    Last edited by mmocf38c1b7a46; 2016-10-05 at 09:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrisey View Post
    Learn to read the changes people! It's not hard. Just open MMO-Champ and see that the red part is the things that got cut off. Like the 90% 4 sec reduction changed into 20%. So yeah, the guy is right, it's pretty shitty as you will lose the effect if you start dpsing.
    Yeah, that change makes no sense. Especially when you look at ISE next to it that offers a better buff for no resource cost on 1.5m cd.

20% with 5% off every time to use CS will literally only last like 4 seconds, it'll be a waste of 5 CPs and no way will it actually pass PTR.

So if that is the change, then you can just ignore it because 0% chance it'll be a thing unless they buff those numbers.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Read it again, it's 90% reduction.
    No, you read it again, the 90% reduction is the part that is getting changed to what I wrote.

Deleted
    What do you mean by "look at the ISE next to it". Sorry if it's obvious and I don't understand but I don't know what ISE is and can't seem to find it near the Zen Moment changes.

Well, like it or not, looks like this is the change. Even if it's pretty shitty. It's the same as the previous build when they nerfed FoF stun to the ground. Now they're nerfing Zen Med. Not that I'm suprised, it's a powerful talent, sometimes it's on par with Karma, if it's well used it can save your ass. But that change means nobody will ever take it = another completely useless talent. Maybe they'll come to reason like with the FoF change and replace it with something better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    No, you read it again, the 90% reduction is the part that is getting changed to what I wrote.
    I was going by OP's post in which he did not have the 90% crossed off. If it is 20% then be confident it's just deeply datamined garbage that will never be implemented at its current state.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morrisey View Post
    What do you mean by "look at the ISE next to it". Sorry if it's obvious and I don't understand but I don't know what ISE is and can't seem to find it near the Zen Moment changes.

Well, like it or not, looks like this is the change. Even if it's pretty shitty. It's the same as the previous build when they nerfed FoF stun to the ground. Now they're nerfing Zen Med. Not that I'm suprised, it's a powerful talent, sometimes it's on par with Karma, if it's well used it can save your ass. But that change means nobody will ever take it = another completely useless talent. Maybe they'll come to reason like with the FoF change and replace it with something better.
    I meant Fortifying Elixer. Thought it was called Iron Skin Elixer, can't remember every ability off the top of my head.

Fort Elixer reduces damage by 20% and increase HP by 20% for 10s on 1.5m CD and costs no resource. Compare that to one that reduces damage by 20% (and is nerfed every time a Monk basically attacks anyone) and increases healing taken by 20% for 10s on 45CD and costs 5 Chi points. Literally garbage ability that would actually be a net loss to use at that iteration. The mechanics and cost of this would ONLY make since if it did indeed start at 90% reduction. 5 CP for a Monk is too much resource for it not be that 90%. 5 CP can be used to do millions of HP of damage given the right abilities.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2016-10-05 at 10:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's still unjustifiably nerfed. Majority of melee are doing much better than WW monks are and none of them are getting nerfed this hard. FoF only stunning on the first tick is still going to gimp our strength really hard. At the very least consecutive punches should slow the target.

The Yu'lon's Gift nerf also seems to be going through which is bullshit. Also, that new honor talent seems obnoxiously lame to use. It's not particularly fun having to use 5 Chi on a defensive ability when you can't even Tiger Palm multiple times in a row as it will gimp your DPS A LOT. Not really sure what Blizzard is thinking there and not sure what they're trying to do honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoli View Post
    It's still unjustifiably nerfed. Majority of melee are doing much better than WW monks are and none of them are getting nerfed this hard. FoF only stunning on the first tick is still going to gimp our strength really hard. At the very least consecutive punches should slow the target.

The Yu'lon's Gift nerf also seems to be going through which is bullshit. Also, that new honor talent seems obnoxiously lame to use. It's not particularly fun having to use 5 Chi on a defensive ability when you can't even Tiger Palm multiple times in a row as it will gimp your DPS A LOT. Not really sure what Blizzard is thinking there and not sure what they're trying to do honestly.
    It is meant to be used either with Energizing Elixir or Serenity. I think Zen Moment will be strong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frandaero View Post
    It is meant to be used either with Energizing Elixir or Serenity. I think Zen Moment will be strong.
    Energizing Elixir has a 1 min CD, though, and Serenity you don't want to waste for a defensive CD.

I just don't see the fun in having to sacrifice DPS for such a lame defensive CD.