Best way to gear up with mythic+ dungeons?

So assuming I don't raid and want to level up my gear just by doing mythic+ dungeons, what do you suggest being the best way for time spent? When I used to raid the progression path was clear, do normals then heroics and eventually get into mythics. Right now I'm a bit confused on what mythic+ level would be the ideal place for effort/time spent. I don't have the luxury of always run with a guild group, I'd say only 50% of the time.

FYI I'm around 857 with mostly 845/850 gear, no legendary. I spent the entirely of last night spamming lvl 2 maws with a good group and got just a couple side upgrades but a fuck ton of AP (went from 22 to 24) and DE gear.

So what u guys suggest? Spam the living crap out of lvl 2/3 dungeons with 3 chests and hope for wtf/tf procs/legendary? We were doing those very quickly on maw last night but the gear from that place sucks. Or do you guys suggest I spend my time on harder ones for the higher ilvl base gear? If so, what +lvl would you recommend? Side note I do make sure to clear a lvl 10 once a week when I have my buddies (they raid and don't really care much about the gear from mythic+), but don't have them all the time and can't imagine pugging anything higher than 8 at this moment.

Curious to your opinions/recommendations. Thanks!

Mythic + is really easy until +5, I would suggest finding friends not necesairly in your guild but with PU you group with. Ilvl is going up quickly so don't bother in +2 even if you get 2loot, one loot 855 is always better. +6 is starting to be difficult in PU but you don't really care if you don't beat the timer you will have the loot anyways. I would suggest being tank, it's a lot more easier to find group and you kind of lead the way so in PU it's cool to be in control.

Theres pretty much two ways to do it.

1) grind out level 2/3 keys 3 chesting it and hope you get wf/tf proc on the item that you need

2) do higher keys with 1 chest and hope you get loot at all.

MW farming is only good if you are trying to get a legendary or farm AP thats why you see everyone doing it...Most 855+ don't really NEED anything from Maw.

I'm getting to the same point as you and personally i'd rather just do higher keys because 3 chesting +2/3 keys isn't fun at all but doing higher keys is actually fun and challenging and thats why we are all playing the game at the end of the day. My friend just got a 880 TF trinket from a +5 too I believe so.. It is possible to get lucky too in higher keys.

15+ Year Old Account
    I usually run with my guild, but I was bored when few were online, so I decided to give it a try in a pug. Joined a +6 The Arcway dungeon since I can run that one blindfolded.
    I ended up with 89k dps rogue and 130k dps retri pala. Moonkin was somewhat pulling his weight doing ~220k dps, but still low imo. I'm not the quitter type (heck even went with flasks and food) and don't mind staying even 2 hours with only one chest as reward. But with that dps there's no way we would make it.
    I admire you guys who still go pugging. I can't stand them.