Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Thumbs down Blizzard is either oblivious or doesn't care (Affliction)

So we are now 5 weeks in to Legion and after a few rounds of hot fixes and balancing, as well as current state of PTR ... It is very easy to see that Blizzard has no interest in fixing Affliction. They say sims are not worth anything so lets go over raiding logs of how things are playing on with regards to damage done.

Currently as you see We are not strong at anything in raiding at this point and parses from EN over last week (7 days and 14 is worse) of Heroic raiding show it load and clear.

add worldoflogs(.)com to beginning of url
    So Single Target Fight - (Emerald Nightmare) - Nythendra -> /statistics/10#dataset=100&difficulty=4&sample=7&boss=1853
    AOE / Burst Target - (Emerald Nightmare) - Il'gynoth -> /statistics/10#dataset=100&difficulty=4&sample=7&boss=1873
    Multi DOT - (Emerald Nightmare) -Dragons of Nightmare -> /statistics/10#dataset=100&difficulty=4&sample=7&boss=1854

Is someone at Blizzard going to take there head out of there ass or kick the person that is assigned to this mess to give us at least some plan they are working on or hope of or a real changes to come ... currently PTR shows no signs of it.

Note: I am providing data and insight and hope the person being PAID to care about our class / spec starts to soon!

Option might to be to reset all the Artifact power of Affliction players and let us add it to a other spec / class as 7.1 will be here soon enough!

Raiding isn't the be all end all of the game and Blizzard shouldn't balance around it or pvp.

Quite sad really, kind of forgot they even existed. I make all of my own mythic + groups and i could count on one hand the amount of warlocks I've seen apply to my group, whether its regular mythic all the way to +6 (most I've done so far).

Other classes just do everything better and more efficiently - nobody I know tends to invite warlocks to their group. Think the last one I invited was around ilvl 859 and done less than half of the damage we were averaging, and at that time we were only around 840 item level.

Quote Originally Posted by xStevooo View Post
    Quite sad really, kind of forgot they even existed. I make all of my own mythic + groups and i could count on one hand the amount of warlocks I've seen apply to my group, whether its regular mythic all the way to +6 (most I've done so far).

Other classes just do everything better and more efficiently - nobody I know tends to invite warlocks to their group. Think the last one I invited was around ilvl 859 and done less than half of the damage we were averaging, and at that time we were only around 840 item level.
    You havent been playing with a good lock.

I pull on average per instance 330k-350k dps. Meaning I'm doing between 400k and 2mil on trash and 250k per boss, or 320k per boss with lust.

I'm affliction and let my subscription expire last week. Due to artifacts and artifact power, balance is more important in this expansion than ever before.

I've just been playing console games, fuck it. If they add a catch up system in a later patch I might play some more. In the meantime, I don't feel like fighting a constant uphill battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    Raiding isn't the be all end all of the game and Blizzard shouldn't balance around it or pvp.
    From what I've gathered, Affliction is not doing well in raids, dungeons or BGs... what should they balance around?

Quote Originally Posted by TKSaga View Post
    You havent been playing with a good lock.

I pull on average per instance 330k-350k dps. Meaning I'm doing between 400k and 2mil on trash and 250k per boss, or 320k per boss with lust.
    Any proof?

10+ Year Old Account

Warlocks

You have other specs that do well in groups. Warlocks are always a bit lower in terms of meters at the start of the expansion and Affliction almost always falls under this category. Once you get more stats Affliction will start to outshine everything else. It happens EVERY expansion...

10+ Year Old Account
    Well they are separate now.

So if you don't balance around raids...

and you don't balance around PvP...

What DO you balance around? Questing? Dungeons?

You have to establish a benchmark somewhere. (x) class need to be able to perform (y) function at (z) level

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Grossman View Post
    I'm affliction and let my subscription expire last week. Due to artifacts and artifact power, balance is more important in this expansion than ever before.

I've just been playing console games, fuck it. If they add a catch up system in a later patch I might play some more. In the meantime, I don't feel like fighting a constant uphill battle.
    sorry to hear that, but understandable.

Have you tried a different class?
    What console games do you play? I would love to play Beyond Two Souls because I like Ellen Page. Can you recommend that game :3?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iknus View Post
    So we are now 5 weeks in to Legion and after a few rounds of hot fixes and balancing, as well as current state of PTR ... It is very easy to see that Blizzard has no interest in fixing Affliction. They say sims are not worth anything so lets go over raiding logs of how things are playing on with regards to damage done.

Currently as you see We are not strong at anything in raiding at this point and parses from EN over last week (7 days and 14 is worse) of Heroic raiding show it load and clear.

add worldoflogs(.)com to beginning of url
    So Single Target Fight - (Emerald Nightmare) - Nythendra -> /statistics/10#dataset=100&difficulty=4&sample=7&boss=1853
    AOE / Burst Target - (Emerald Nightmare) - Il'gynoth -> /statistics/10#dataset=100&difficulty=4&sample=7&boss=1873
    Multi DOT - (Emerald Nightmare) -Dragons of Nightmare -> /statistics/10#dataset=100&difficulty=4&sample=7&boss=1854

Is someone at Blizzard going to take there head out of there ass or kick the person that is assigned to this mess to give us at least some plan they are working on or hope of or a real changes to come ... currently PTR shows no signs of it.

Note: I am providing data and insight and hope the person being PAID to care about our class / spec starts to soon!

Option might to be to reset all the Artifact power of Affliction players and let us add it to a other spec / class as 7.1 will be here soon enough!
    I find I get way more responses on twitter honestly. Just make MORE noise than anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Grossman View Post
    Any proof?
    No logs, also this wasnt specific to affliction. This is as destro. Was only replying to the guy talking out of his ass about warlocks.

If you are not balancing for PVE (Dungeons and Raiding) or PVP, what do you think they are balancing for?

I am asking for PVE fix's to allow us to do Dungeons and Raiding effectively and competitively ... they have a PVP talent system that they should and could change to for PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by TKSaga View Post
    No logs, also this wasnt specific to affliction. This is as destro. Was only replying to the guy talking out of his ass about warlocks.
    So talking about my current experiences so far in Legion about Warlocks is talking out of my ass?

Bit contradicting really as initially you said i haven't played with a good warlock, those were your words. I also said i could count on one hand the amount of Warlocks I've had in my group. That would suggest that I've had between 1 and 5 Warlocks in my group.

The forum drama, alongside the fact the class is so poorly represented right now (from my experiences) would suggest something is not quite right.

The warlocks I have had so far in my groups have been high 850's ilvl, whereas some of us have been 840'ish. The warlocks have been doing roughly half of the damage of other classes in the group (around 150k dps).

Good day.

So talking about my current experiences so far in Legion about Warlocks is talking out of my ass?

Bit contradicting really as initially you said i haven't played with a good warlock, those were your words. I also said i could count on one hand the amount of Warlocks I've had in my group. That would suggest that I've had between 1 and 5 Warlocks in my group.

The forum drama, alongside the fact the class is so poorly represented right now (from my experiences) would suggest something is not quite right.

The warlocks I have had so far in my groups have been high 850's ilvl, whereas some of us have been 840'ish. The warlocks have been doing roughly half of the damage of other classes in the group (around 150k dps).

Good day.
    Ask your warlocks if they run FnB. If the answer is yes, they'll probably out dps any of your damage dealers on trash.

Good day.
    While the class does need help in quite a few areas, specifically Affliction, a 850+ Warlock doing 150k in single target no matter the spec is an issue with the players, not the class.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a case of them not really knowing how to best fix single target without making the whole thing broken in multitarget.

There is also a chance they are truly dead set on championing their whole anti homogenization fad where it's okay for a spec to be awesome at one thing and shit at other.

I put the blame on all the homogenization whine squad that was plaguing forums for years.

Well, they need to do something.

I'm doing 100% and 99% as afflic on Nyth HC (I'm using ursoc to try and learn demon because I already see afflic is a bad choice to invest more AP than the 23 I already invested) and it's way waaaay behind demon at same lvl.

I was thinking this tuesday was going to have another tunning pass, I got so let down =/

PS: supposedly our blood DK is also let down =P

Objectively, you're wrong. Raiding and PvP are the end-all-be-all of the game. They're the final, ultimate point in progression. They are what the game is balanced around.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

affliction was always my side chick. always loved the rotting concept, spreading pressure especially in pvp and pve always enjoyed sustain pressure Seeing numbers lit up on multiple targets. Hopefully they can fix it.