Deleted

Fix my tanking please!

I recently rerolled to warrior and trying my best to improve, I already got some great advice here, and now I have some logs to provide!

I have ilevel 856, bad trinkets.
    I am doing haste > vers > mastery.
    Defensive neck enchant

My armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...magbech/simple

Logs from ursoc HC: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=5

What should I do guys?

Thanks a lot for your time in advance..

Kindest regards

First off, you spam Ignore Pain without weaving Focused Rage between each cast. If you are using the Vengeance talent, it is critically important that you alternate casts of Focused Rage and Ignore Pain. Additionally, to ensure maximum Rage efficiency, use Ignore Pain when your Rage is >=39. Additionally, consume Ultimatum procs only while you have the Vengeance: Focus Rage buff (i.e., consume Ultimatum procs only after using Ignore Pain). Doing so will let net you a full 60 Rage IP for the cost of 40 Rage.

There are other ways you could improve as well, but no other suggestions I can make will come close to the sizable increase in survivability you'll experience after mastering the back-and-forth flow of IP/FR and proper Ultimatum usage mentioned above.
    Last edited by Arker42; 2016-11-22 at 10:57 PM.

Deleted
    You seem to be misusing the Vengeance talent. Your uptime on Vengeance: Focused Rage is almost 100% meaning you never actually use it for what it's meant to do. I'm still not good at reading warcraftlogs (haven't played seriously since worldoflogs was used instead). But that's what I'm getting out of checking your logs out.

The point of Vengeance is that you alternate between Ignore Pain and Focused Rage.

Deleted
    Thank you so much for your reply. Can you explain to me what you mean by weaving? I am not great with English.
    Do you see any mistake in my offensive priorities?

- - - Updated - - -

Can you explain in the most noobish way how to use it?
    I never use FR unless its free

Quote Originally Posted by Hybridpsycho View Post
    You seem to be misusing the Vengeance talent. Your uptime on Vengeance: Focused Rage is almost 100% meaning you never actually use it for what it's meant to do.
    If you check the logs, he actually gained vengeance: ignore pain a total of 13 times. Every time that buff was gained aligns with him proccing ultimatum. Outside of ultimatum, theres almost no rage gain, so its not a big deal to completely ignore it.

yea after the vengeance nerf even more, from a pure defensive standpoint its ok to use FR only paired with ultimatum proccs right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    If you check the logs, he actually gained vengeance: ignore pain a total of 13 times. Every time that buff was gained aligns with him proccing ultimatum. Outside of ultimatum, theres almost no rage gain, so its not a big deal to completely ignore it.
    Yea indeed, since the nerf of Vengeance talent. You only safe 1 rage on proper using of the talent (without Ultimatum procs). When you get Ultimatum proc, you're next IP is 35% and preferrable wanne use 39 rage on it to get max benefit.

I would even dare to say that saving for 59 rage for the vengeance talent will kinda drop your survive ability.
    Cause saving up for rage can mean not reducing hits for a while.
    Let's say you get 3 melee hits and generate over the time of those 3 hits 60 IP. You can spend 60 rage for every 3 hits. Meaning with vengeance talen 1 combi FR IP for 1 60rage IP. Let's say that it will reduce the next melee att completely and get consumed. Instead you could of used 3 IP of 20rage reducing all 3 atts by 1/3 of the dmg. Since a 60rge IP is the roughly same to 3 IP of 20 rage.

Using Vengeance talent (you barely gain extra rage, 1 rage for FR IP combo) and doing the combination on anything less then 59 rage is dropping your total IP absorption

So for smoothing spamming IP will make your healers slightly happier. But now the downsides to not using FR at all besides when it procs.
    1. Loss of dmg. Yes saving up rage will make your dmg intake bit more spiky but in the end the healers need to heal you the same. So it are free Focused Rage.
    2. Missuse of your Artifact weapon. Your artifact weapon (assuming you got the right dragon trait unlocked) will sometimes boost your next IP by 40%. Boosting a 60rage IP (39 with vengeance use) is a lot better then using 3 IP of 20 rage and only getting 1 boosted by 40%.
    3. (kinda) Ultimatum talent. Whenever it procs you want to save up fr 39rage to get the most 'discount' on the IP.

What it comes down to. If you can save up rage till 59. Then use FR followed by instant IP.
    when below that amount if you're afraid of die-ing on the next hit, just use IP without FR the 1rage loss doesnt matter, and the loss of FR use is just dmg loss.
    My advice when you cast IP, do wait for 59 rage to do the FR IP combo right way. Dont use FR while still waiting for 59 rage.
    Imaging, 0 rage you're building up at 30 rage you use FR, dropping to 10 rage. Next hit comes in, you go up to 25rage but you are dangerously low and feel forced to use IP already, you get a 38rage IP but spended 20 for FR and 25 for IP so spended 45rage. Waiting with FR till you got 59 rage has no downside (unless the 15sec buff is about to run out)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arker42 View Post
    Additionally, consume Ultimatum procs only while you have the Vengeance: Focus Rage buff (i.e., consume Ultimatum procs only after using Ignore Pain). Doing so will let net you a full 60 Rage IP for the cost of 24 Rage.
    This seems wrong. Ultimatum makes your FR free. Why would you want the V:FR buff for a free FR?

to get a free low cost ip buff

Quote Originally Posted by bancs View Post
    This seems wrong. Ultimatum makes your FR free. Why would you want the V:FR buff for a free FR?
    Using FR while it is free does not consume the v:fr buff, but it will overwrite an existing v:ip buff, so you need to ip before you plan on using focused rage if you have that specific buff already.
    Last edited by Anuibus; 2016-10-06 at 11:46 AM.

How does Shield Block fit into the IP weaving?

Also, what do you do for the first few moments of a fight where you're trying to get Rage>60?
    Last edited by Wigster; 2016-10-06 at 12:56 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wigster View Post

Also, what do you do for the first few moments of a fight where you're trying to get Rage>60?
    Shield Block really is only 10 rage and in most situation you should strive to have as high uptime on it as possible.

If you feel you're taking too much damage at the start you can always open with Demo Shout for example.

Quote Originally Posted by bancs View Post
    Consuming Ultimatum triggers the reduced Ignore Pain cost; therefore, if you consume an Ultimatum proc when Vengeance: Ignore Pain is not currently available, your next IP is available at a reduced cost. Without Ultimatum, there is virtually no defensive benefit to the Vengeance talent (i.e., you only save ~1 Rage per Vengeance cycle). Proper integration of Ultimatum into your Vengeance rotation saves you 15 Rage that you can funnel into IP after every Ultimatum proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tebrev View Post
    Thank you so much for your reply. Can you explain to me what you mean by weaving? I am not great with English.
    Do you see any mistake in my offensive priorities?

- - - Updated - - -

Can you explain in the most noobish way how to use it?
    I never use FR unless its free
    to make it super simple, any time youd use ignore pain, use focused rage instead and follow it with ignore pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Wigster View Post

at the start you charge and generate enough rage for shield block, that should keep you alive long enough. also shield block costs just 10 rage, which is literally nothing, so just use it whenever you need it.

and dont forget spell reflect for 5s of magic damage reduction on 25s cooldown.
    Last edited by pmkaboo; 2016-10-07 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pmkaboo View Post
    to make it super simple, any time youd use ignore pain, use focused rage instead and follow it with ignore pain.
    This is only a defensive benefit with 59+ rage, or when ultimatum procs.