Page 3 of 188 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Sorry for the unrelated question, but do we know how the hidden artifact skin looks like?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sperrow View Post
    Sorry for the unrelated question, but do we know how the hidden artifact skin looks like?

http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc.../frost/AgHgIMA

select appearances at the bottom of trait page and selct dark runeblade

Don't know its related or not (i think it is), but looking at description of the item who gave us skin, its saying "Written in an ancient language that no living soul remembers, yet somehow the words leap to your tongue, yearning to be read.". Blood and UH description are related to where u get it from. Blood is from the tree that blow up coz it absorbed too much power, from Falanaar "A failed experiment in magically stealing the power from the long dead. The resulting mass twists and undulates unsettlingly.", and UH is related to secret lab of prof. in ICC. We could check this track too. So, ancient language and no living soul remembers. For me, we need to find some ghost of ancient being. Any guess?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian741 View Post
    Don't know its related or not (i think it is), but looking at description of the item who gave us skin, its saying "Written in an ancient language that no living soul remembers, yet somehow the words leap to your tongue, yearning to be read.". Blood and UH description are related to where u get it from. Blood is from the tree that blow up coz it absorbed too much power, from Falanaar "A failed experiment in magically stealing the power from the long dead. The resulting mass twists and undulates unsettlingly.", and UH is related to secret lab of prof. in ICC. We could check this track too. So, ancient language and no living soul remembers. For me, we need to find some ghost of ancient being. Any guess?
    thats fine and all, but while UH says its fed by icc energy that hardly gave ANY clues as to how we actually triggered the spawn of the trap door

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post
    thats fine and all, but while UH says its fed by icc energy that hardly gave ANY clues as to how we actually triggered the spawn of the trap door
    But gave us the zone in which it drops, ICC.

Was thinking, any ancient/very old important npc was killed by Frostmourne? Now its broken, and all spirits who was consumed by it, are released. And our weapons are shards of Frostmourne. Maybe something in this direction?

My personal guess is that the rune-carvers and/or the bonecarves might be related. Maybe check more into Haustvald, ie that whole area delving into a small gorge where the cliffsides are lined with various structures. There are many here who are necromancers and/or runewielders, and it's also here we are thrown into Helheim.

Glad to see a frost specific thread. My initial thoughts:

1. Something related to the teased Frostmourne blade back in WotLK. Flavor text was "Hail to the King, Baby!", which is also the name of an achieve in Utgarde Pinnacle (King Ymiron.) So something with Ymiron in Maw of Souls seems logical.

2. Based on the flavor text, the "ancient language that no living souls remembers" could very well be the "language of death." It is described as being mostly strange symbols, and was suggested to be the language of the runes inscribed on Frostmourne. Also, there was a quest line back in Wrath where you got Koltira to translate the Language of Death, making me think that it may involve something with Koltira as your bodyguard.

3. The four Lich King's just have to be related, they seem too cool and specific to not be.

I mean, it's entirely possible that the trigger is just bugged lol, come to think of it. Similar to how UH was bugged until the other day. The moment that got flicked people started getting it in mass.

I'm not playing DK myself but reading this thread gave me some ideas.

Maybe somewhere in Helheim?
    If I understood correctly, that's the realm of the dead and it's located on the BI.

Another idea would involve using Skaggldrynk to get access to some hidden NPC. At least it says on the tooltip "Enter the spirit realm.."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian741 View Post
    Was thinking, any ancient/very old important npc was killed by Frostmourne? Now its broken, and all spirits who was consumed by it, are released. And our weapons are shards of Frostmourne. Maybe something in this direction?
    Countless ancient beings. For example, in warcraft 3 + TFT we have Saphiron as well as any of the nerubians / faceless ones below icecrown.
    Very old elves killed during the siege on Silvermoon.
    Could the slaughtered wizards of Dalaran count? like Antonidas?
    Hell, we could even include the revenants who guarded Frostmourne in its cave before Arthas killed them.
    Countless demons across Kalimdor/Lordaeron/Northrend. (Provided we assume Arthas killed any when meeting Illidan the first time around)

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooChileIRL View Post
    Just as a matter of interest, has any DK with AK6+ gotten the two parts of Nat Pagle's book and gone to talk to our version of Sister Elda?
    Tried that just now. Nothing happened.

Art by draken4o

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotxiko View Post
    But gave us the zone in which it drops, ICC.
    still means very little as you couldnt do anything without the trigger, and when the UH was trigegred it dropped the journal which told us of trap doors in putricides lab

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Tried that just now. Nothing happened.
    Damn, well thank you for trying that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    I'm not playing DK myself but reading this thread gave me some ideas.

Maybe somewhere in Helheim?
    If I understood correctly, that's the realm of the dead and it's located on the BI.

Another idea would involve using Skaggldrynk to get access to some hidden NPC. At least it says on the tooltip "Enter the spirit realm.."
    I like the idea about Helheim, however Helia's servants do not actually appear to be undead technically (they're listed as humanoids), but that got me thinking: what about Black Rook Hold? Sure it's quite far from our dear Scandinavian mountainsides, but the place is literally crawling with spirits of long dead elves and agents of the Legion are also present there. Considering the fact that we actually use weapons forged by the Legion - could this place be related? There's also a dreadlord. Do not forget that Frostmourne was Legion's creation, so the vrykul are not the only users of such magic.
    Last edited by Algrey; 2016-10-06 at 12:03 PM.

Deleted
    Has anyone been to the cave in Dragonblight yet? The place where Arthas found Frostmourne?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarethen View Post
    Has anyone been to the cave in Dragonblight yet? The place where Arthas found Frostmourne?
    no, no one has gone there not in this thread, not in the other 300 page thread did anyone think to go to the frostmourne cave

Quote Originally Posted by sarethen View Post
    If it's blatantly an obvious tie to Arthas or Frostmourne, it's been picked over like an autistic kid with OCD sorting out his Alphabet Soup.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaedeath View Post
    Trap soul is cast by ghosts between the felbane camps along the north coast of highmountain. Tried controlling them and getting them to cast it on various things but havent made any finds