M+ change: Disallow gear changing like talents.

Being unable to change not only talents, but the same applies to GEAR as well. Being able to switch between a certain gearset between trash and bosses.. I don't know.

Just a thought.

Deleted
    The people who want to push it to the limit probably enjoy the depth of changing gear between pulls and you certainly don't need to do it to get +10 which is where gear caps off. Don't see an issue with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobrogost View Post
    The people who want to push it to the limit probably enjoy the depth of changing gear between pulls and you certainly don't need to do it to get +10 which is where gear caps off. Don't see an issue with it.
    Yeah the people looking for a challenge enjoy more than just the mechanics of the fight. Formulating a strategy and executing it was more than half the fun when we were pushing keys. Included in that is everything from when you reset pots to where you second pot to where you may use different gear sets. I don't see an issue with it.
    TLDR; The extra depth is nice. If it's too tedious for you, you don't have to push keys past 10. You get no extra reward from it.

Gotta be one to ask, why does this even matter?

10+ Year Old Account
    You can hotkey gear sets from the built in UI and change everything with 1 keypress instantly. There's nothing tedious about taking a few mins to set this up before a run

if you cant hit +20 without swaping gear

you clearly arent 950ilvl

-me 1 year from now

Quote Originally Posted by Apsychicrat View Post
    Seems to me that OP likes M+ dungeons and is wondering if not being able to change gear during a run would make them harder/more fun/require more strategy from a gearing standpoint. The community so far has expressed that the extra gear sets actually adds depth and strategy. Good questions with good discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Firminator View Post
    Seems to me that OP likes M+ dungeons and is wondering if not being able to change gear during a run would make them harder/more fun/require more strategy from a gearing standpoint. The community so far has expressed that the extra gear sets actually adds depth and strategy. Good questions with good discussion.
    aside from some specs favoring haste for AOE and crit for single target (note not an example of an actual spec just a generic example) i dont see most classes needing or wanting to gear swap in the middle of a dungeon, and the ones that do get a marked benefit from it, all the power to them i say. as mentioned there are tools in game to make swapping gear super easy so i dont think this is an issue at all.

Am i getting the impression that what the OP is saying is that we should be locked in from the start to end of a M+ to artificially inflate the difficulty? that seems silly and unnecessary and will cause some classes to fall behind for no real reason other than "cuz"

aside from some specs favoring haste for AOE and crit for single target (note not an example of an actual spec just a generic example) i dont see most classes needing or wanting to gear swap in the middle of a dungeon, and the ones that do get a marked benefit from it, all the power to them i say. as mentioned there are tools in game to make swapping gear super easy so i dont think this is an issue at all.

Am i getting the impression that what the OP is saying is that we should be locked in from the start to end of a M+ to artificially inflate the difficulty? that seems silly and unnecessary and will cause some classes to fall behind for no real reason other than "cuz"
    I agree with you as does most of the community it seems. But if someone has an earnest question about something, and wants people opinions, this is the perfect place to ask. You asked why does it matter, and I guess what Im saying is the OP asked for opinions because it mattered to him.

Gotta ask, why even reply if you are not going to contribute to his question? It obviously matters to him.

to OP, I think snapshotting a specific gear set, talents ect should be done otherwise why only snapshot talents? Makes no sense since I can just swap gear based on AoE vs ST. It could be blizzard isn't seeing a big difference with the gear swaps to warrant the change or they completely missed it and are going to eventually hotfix it in.

Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    Gotta ask, why even reply if you are not going to contribute to his question? It obviously matters to him.

to OP, I think snapshotting a specific gear set, talents ect should be done otherwise why only snapshot talents? Makes no sense since I can just swap gear based on AoE vs ST. It could be blizzard isn't seeing a big difference with the gear swaps to warrant the change or they completely missed it and are going to eventually hotfix it in.
    in asking why it matters i can better address why he think this should be a thing in the first place and then follow up with a discussion on that. my statment did not flat out say that this doesnt matter, i asked why it mattered. i wanted to know where he was coming from. there is simply no need to assume the worst in everyone on the internet. if i wanted to attack someone a veiled insult to the relivence of their opinion is not how i would go about it.

in regards to your post though i would agree that the current tallent system is dumb and while not in combat one should be able to change at will. none of this annoying book thing (cuz im going to pay for those right?) and none of this "oh you can do it for free but you need to go to town cuz reasons"

there would be opponents who claim this would mar character identity but i never ascribed to that notion in the first place. character identity is something for a role playing game, this is an action adventure, and nor the two shal mix.