Deleted

Sephuz's Secret for Enhancement?

Had this legendary drop in EN last night (nightmare dragons for those wondering.)

Sephuz's Secret

Honestly i am not too sure how to feel about it, The stat weights aren't all that beneficial from what i can see thanks to the Crit/ Haste as secondary and the equip effect is incredibly situational. (although the tooltip says mastery which would actually be fantastic, it was recently hotfixed)

I am just wondering if any fellow Enh shammies have had this and has worked it into a meaningful rotation? I am finding the haste bonus somewhat useful for Cenarius and i am sure it will do fine against Xavius but otherwise it seems fairly unspectacular for a legendary.

I will say however it is a fairly nice boost for Mythic+ dungeons.
    Last edited by mmoca742da71e7; 2016-10-06 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Now with better link

You can stun the Ilgy'noth slimes to get the Haste bonus too

Deleted
    It seems i can use it in 5/7 fights in EN to some degree, it's only Ursoc and Nyth that you can't. It just seems like poor optimisation now that the native mastery has been removed and the haste stat has been reduced.

Is the crit enough to offset this however? At least until I potentially get a different/ class specific?

There's some toy from Karazahn that an ele shaman in my guild uses to spawn a couple little neutral mob things (brooms maybe? or little dust devil looking things? I can't recall) but they're stunable, and he'll pop cc on those to get the buff.

Overall, not a great legendary, but at least you're in the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreiden View Post
    It seems i can use it in 5/7 fights in EN to some degree, it's only Ursoc and Nyth that you can't. It just seems like poor optimisation now that the native mastery has been removed and the haste stat has been reduced.

Is the crit enough to offset this however? At least until I potentially get a different/ class specific?
    It's a 1% gain vs my 865 ring from H EM (the 800 haste/1k mastery or whatever) currently.
    http://twitch.tv/fsslgnra Streaming whatever dumb shit I'm doing at the time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightlax View Post
    There's some toy from Karazahn that an ele shaman in my guild uses to spawn a couple little neutral mob things (brooms maybe? or little dust devil looking things? I can't recall) but they're stunable, and he'll pop cc on those to get the buff.

I was wondering if that would work, Seems like it could be argued as an exploit though. Will experiment later and see if i have any toys like that. Wondering if it works on critters as well.

Also first in my guild to get a legendary so i have that at very least. Let's just hope i don't fall to bad luck and never see another one drop again.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleaura View Post
    It's a 1% gain vs my 865 ring from H EM (the 800 haste/1k mastery or whatever) currently.
    Good to know, it's at least a bit useful for now then. Thanks for the info.
    Last edited by mmoca742da71e7; 2016-10-06 at 03:07 PM.

Deleted
    I mean, the stats on the ring is nice, but you probably wont get much benefit from the proc effect as enhancement in raids. We have a 2 second cast time stun totem, and Hex, and that's pretty much all we've got that applies loss of control. Not sure if Sundering would work, but why would you use Sundering for raids anyways? :P

But if the stats themselves are better than your current, use it

Oh wow. That's really clever.
    GM of <Calm Down> [H | US-Magtheridon], Currently: 7/7M, 3/3H, 1/10M

I've been using lightning surge with it, but someone suggested earth grab to me the other day. Wasn't sure it it just because of the shorter cd or because it could be used on more targets. I have to imagine that the stun would be more useful in general, though. Especially in dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayne1150 View Post
    I've been using lightning surge with it, but someone suggested earth grab to me the other day. Wasn't sure it it just because of the shorter cd or because it could be used on more targets. I have to imagine that the stun would be more useful in general, though. Especially in dungeons.
    It's likely because earthgrab will repeatedly slow enemies after the root runs out, allowing for higher uptime of the buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    It's likely because earthgrab will repeatedly slow enemies after the root runs out, allowing for higher uptime of the buff.
    That wouldn't work though because the proc has a 30 second CD. The root itself COULD proc it, I'm not sure if it falls under the "loss of character" effects.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

90% of the people who got legendary in my guild got a Sephuz or a Prydaz, shit legendaries.

But using a gcd to trigger the ring is not beneficial at all, 1 gcd >= 15% haste for 10 secs lol

Quote Originally Posted by Svelte View Post
    90% of the people who got legendary in my guild got a Sephuz or a Prydaz, shit legendaries.

But using a gcd to trigger the ring is not beneficial at all, 1 gcd >= 15% haste for 10 secs lol
    Well, for bursting down a priority add that is stunnable, its good. Otherwise its a pretty meh item for an enhancement shaman.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Deleted
    I have also found it handy for when moving between mobs in the cenarius fight when your rotation is otherwise interrupted anyway.

Also just to confirm if it hasn't been before, this works on critters as well. So any toys that spawn critters or areas that have them around can be utilised if your target can't be stunned.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's usable on most fights in EN, and generally ok for M+.
    The stats are ofc appalling. Sadly I got this ring as my first legendary, I was barely able to wear it after enchants and gemming simply due to lack of Mastery. It does work on Mind Controls on Nythendra for example, and it's generally ok for M+. Not completely useless, but statswise probably the worst out of the 8 available to us.
    Heck, I would have even preferred the Roots one for the passive healing.

I've had it for a while, and while it's not great, it was fun to have while gear up for raids. I find more use from it in mythic dungeons, but really - I'm going to be stunning that stuff anyways. *shrug* That being said, it's not a bad ring to have for some of our spec's. I got mine very early and since then several people in my guild have gotten a second one. I'm also starting to think I'll never get one that is useful for enhance. Dropping a token that could start a quest chain to make it into the legendary that best fit your spec would have been better.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know which toy he is refering to? Can't seem to find any toys that drop from Karazhan.
    <a href=http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormscale/Miga/advanced" target="_blank">Armory</a>

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=71023/tito this one perhaps. The very same pet that shadow priests used in past to generate orbs before pull.

Yeah, it's the pet Tito, not a toy. Sorry for the confusion!