When to start investing AP in the OS?

Hello all!
    Last night I dinged the second big trait of my MS (Guardian), Gory Fur. Now I've got to get to Adaptative fur, but I was thinking of investing in my OS (trying feral). I'm currently AK6 and tomorrow I'll be 7. Is it worth to keep investing on guardian or can I start to relax a little bit?

Thank you all!

How much would you need feral and for what kind of content? Have you got any traits on feral already?

Deleted
    Feral needs atleast 19 (Ashamane's Bite) to be relevant, so yea, alot of points needed :>

How much would you need feral and for what kind of content? Have you got any traits on feral already?
    yea and i think another question is, how much time are you really going to spend in feral? guardian is really strong right now, is your main spec? i would complete it unless you really have a need for your feral spec. guardian has way more utility when doing stuff in the world then feral imo and the dps is not half bad.

I'm the main tank of my core, but we are a really chill and laid-back one, so I don't need to be the #1 BEAR GOD. We aim to just clear heroic and MAAAAYBE clear mythic.

The thing that made me want to invest in feral is because I sometimes DPS just to let other people tank if they need to learn or maybe I got there late, and because I just wanted to try it. I've even gotten to the goldrinn's fury trait of balance but I just wanted to try.

Like I said, I don't want to min/max but I want not to do something really stupid or that could set me back a lot.

Start from getting 13 points on Feral which costs peanuts and go from there.

How many traits do you have on a guardian? Also what ilvl relics do you have on feral (those are really important as well)?

Definitely pick up the first 13 points in feral. You can get up to 2/3 in the +% rip dmg trait (skip the first golden trait).
    This will be pretty big for your dps and costs you nothing really (~6500 AP is about 2 big AP items with AK7).

If you plan on playing feral more you can grab the golden trait at the end, but as you said that takes like 19 AP so will cost you. If its just your offspec and you dont use it much then id suggest waiting a bit.

Then again getting to 19 wont take you that long. If you progress your guardian weapon you can only grab 3-4 traits max before you would have reached 19 on feral.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can get up to 13 traits in less than an hour. After that its all about the about of time you want to invest.

I currently have 23 traits on my guardian spec, with enter the nightmare and gory fur. I have mostly shitty relics on my fangs but that should get replaced easily.
    I should note that I'm playing bear like 99% of the time, but a little variance is no harm.