Poll: Should Blizzard have implemented legendaries differently?

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if you get one of those blizzard is supercool and stuff but if you have bad luck is a bad choice. That's what I'm hearing everywhere...so probably is not a wise decision to earn them only with rng in a game like WoW but in the end it's not a big deal imho. They tried and probably they never will in the future expansions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimewave View Post
    So you would wreck whole wonderful concept and bastardize definition of Legendary because of few jerks?
    Moral - do not trust idiots and strangers.

I'd call this the majority though. How many people still play with that vanilla tank, the cata rogue and caster(s), the TBC hunter, etc?

If legendaries were just stats (aka only 895 ilvl) or the effects had a minimal performance on DPS (lets say the effect was at most 10 ilvls of your primary stat) they would be WAAAY lesss of a big deal. Its more the legendaries that are single to the high multiples of percentage point increases in DPS, HPS, or Dmg Reduction that are a problem in an RNG system. When I get a neck that is purely secondary stats (in most cases not even ideal) with a negligible effect and you get legs that give a shit ton of your primary in edition to an incredible effect and otherwise our gear and exact abilities/skill/rng in an encounter are the same that result in you doing 5-10% more DPS/HPS/less dmg taken then me, well thats clearly a problem. There really needed to be more normalization between legendaries within a class and between classes so the differences were minimal, so instead it was mostly a neat thing to get a high level item that is orange.

Another, similar to diablo and probably way better option would of been having legendaries drop WAAAY more frequently, but being able to drop with A) random secondary stats, B) A random effect that could come from any of your class specs or the general shared spec effects, and C) An increasing ilvl up to a max, say any legendary that drops is always your current ilvl +10 max 895 currently. Then it becomes less about people getting a legendaries and more about trying to get SPECIFIC legendaries. You also have to make choices of what to sacrifice, is this sick amazing effect (not always directly DPS related remember) worth the worse secondary stats? I think something along this line would of been the ideal way to do legendaries.
    Last edited by Silvaren7; 2016-10-10 at 09:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who has yet to see one drop and I haven;t seen anyone with one anyway they might as well not exist lol.

I am fine with them being random though as most of them while a boon are not game breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Lugonn View Post
    The completely random incredibly rare legendaries from Vanilla would probably be best.

Shard legendaries are just drama magnets.

Quest legendaries are just attunements that take months of trivial bullshit.

Legion legendaries are complete and utter garbage.
    Amen. These new legendaries remind me of the old epics. In many ways it makes me feel like epics now are becoming blues and anything below that is the new greys. If legendaries were gonna be done it should be either extremely rare drop aka world drop or a quest turn in with an extremely epic moment. Lets say for example you kill guldan and he drops the skull of varian. Alliance players could who win the drop would turn in the skull and in turn get a legendary item which belonged to varian. That would make the moment all the more special and thus more legendary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by K4sk View Post
    Legendaries dropping off boars and what not is kinda retarded. It should be kept in HC/Mythic raids and high levels of mythic+
    Well good thing they don't drop off boars... Or literally any mob besides a boss in a dungeon or raid. You can't just do trivial shit and get one, you actually have to do dungeons, raids, RBGs, etc. with a very small daily chance in emissary rewards. The higher the difficulty the better; it's not very probable to get one in a heroic dungeon, in fact I've done hundreds and haven't seen one from those or LFR. I have seen a few in normal raid, and loads in heroic and mythic raids as well as mythic dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

The legendaries are fine the way they are. Sure some lucky bastards get it early and then everyone freaks out that they haven't gotten one yet, especially if that person never plays much. But in my mythic raiding guild I don't think there's a single main raider that doesn't have one by now. The way this system works, you WILL get one eventually if you play this game. We all got ours from raiding and tons of mythic dungeons, and now we're trying to get more in search of the best one and can soon wear 2.

Legendaries shouldn't be done like Vanilla/Wrath/Cata because either you literally CAN'T get one because of class restrictions (which is very disappointing), or you WON'T get it because you're not an officer in the guild you raid with who is inevitably going to be funneled the quest items. Likewise it shouldn't be done like MoP or WoD because those legendaries are just very trivial but time-consuming to obtain AND they became a requirement to raid in those expansions because of their immense strength. The legendaries in legion are strong and a nice boost to get, but are in no way required for raiding nor are they so OP (like the WoD rings giving you a CD for nearly 75% more damage) that you need them to be competitive.

TL;DR The system is fine, you will get one soon if you don't have one as long as you actually do stuff. Don't be a whiny bitch when someone gets one before you.
    Last edited by Azarak; 2016-10-10 at 07:02 PM.

I have no problem with the legendaries themselves, only how they are obtained.