Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    This is crazy. We go to kerrville all the time. Especially for the 4th of July. Gorgeous little town with awesome people.

Poor little guy. Hope he makes a full recovery.

And how is Texas known for capital punishment and this is just arson ? I'm not suggesting we death penalty these kids but a harsh punishment seems in order
    apparantly arson is an open and shut case to keep the guys in jail while getting solid evidence for more serious charges. Although, I think assault would be an equally open and shut case and not come off as bizare as arson...

although arson seems to be mroe serious than assault so...*shrugs*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    apparantly arson is an open and shut case to keep the guys in jail while getting solid evidence for more serious charges. Although, I think assault would be an equally open and shut case and not come off as bizare as arson...
    Their parents should be prosecuted also.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, going to kindly ask to lay off the state bashing (as a poster, not as a mod). We dont treat special needs as some burden, regardless of our problems with using capital punishment.

(and our issues with CPS, but thats a different story)

May have something to do with premeditation or lack thereof? Using the time to establish motive and intent

Three underaged sociopaths in a small town is impressive. Wonder what happened to those boys, it's rare for behavior like that to be wholly genetic. Usually some sort of abusive behavior at home is prevalent.

Not to excuse their behavior, more serious charges would be appropriate in this case. Poor boy.

If assault was easy to charge in this case, we'd already have attempted murder and so forth since that means we can place them directly there committing actions against the victim. Arson can be caused completely in a proximate manner of which ALL the necessary evidence is there to get that going.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Three underaged sociopaths in a small town is impressive. Wonder what happened to those boys, it's rare for behavior like that to be wholly genetic. Usually some sort of abusive behavior at home is prevalent.

Not to excuse their behavior, more serious charges would be appropriate in this case. Poor boy.
    Not sure why everyone is instantly lumping ALL the would-be perpetrators as sociopaths... ya'll have retribution issues. In all likelihood only one of them is going to get nailed for the most serious of charges as children are typically prone to just going along with events, especially if any of them say something to the effect of "We thought we were just gonna scare him, we didn't know Billy Bastard had gasoline!!"

Let's see this get across the DA's desk before we light our pitchforks... /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Fasc View Post
    Not sure why everyone is instantly lumping ALL the would-be perpetrators as sociopaths... ya'll have retribution issues. In all likelihood only one of them is going to get nailed for the most serious of charges as children are typically prone to just going along with events, especially if any of them say something to the effect of "We thought we were just gonna scare him, we didn't know Billy Bastard had gasoline!!"

Let's see this get across the DA's desk before we light our pitchforks... /sigh
    It is a HUGE deviance from normal behavior for a 9-10 year old to lure a special needs child into a cabin, douse gas on him and light him on fire. You can't "accidentally" light someone on fire by dousing gasoline on him while another boy lights a match and throws it on him, those acts in and of itself signifies intent to cause bodily harm.

It is impossible to diagnose someone over the internet and personality disorders such as antisocial personality disorder (aka "sociopaths") are not given to anyone under the age of 18, but I would be surprised if these boys did not meet the diagnostic criteria for Conduct Disorder which is in fact considered a precursor to APD.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is a HUGE deviance from normal behavior for a 9-10 year old to lure a special needs child into a cabin, douse gas on him and light him on fire.
    Bingo. Kids don't just "go along" with this shit, even if they are from Texas. It's insane to suggest that this is normal behavior in any way.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

how the hell is this arson only? Unless we're missing details, NOTHING in Texas law would say this is just arson.

Im going to go with, if no details are missing, retarded small town with retarded small town cops.
    Your use of "retarded" in this situation is incredibly insensitive.

Deleted
    Heartbreaking. My son is at the point of wanting to be outside with the other kids and to be honest I have struggled deeply with it, I do not want to shelter him but the kids these day's are something else man, I just worry the entire time he is out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    So did the boys do this on their own or were they instigated to do this? Specifically from an adult. Cause if not, the 3 boys are mentally ill and should be treated as such. More to the point, they're a danger to society. They should be institutionalized.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    I bet they heard their parents complain a lot about freeloaders and special needs kids costing them tax money.

Maybe they just wanted to make America great again.
    I have a feeling the boys didn't think of this on their own. The parents must have been encouraging this kind of behavior, but they never thought 3 little boys would go that far. I don't know about taxes, but I hope that isn't how they see their fellow man.

Also no Trump stuff please.

10+ Year Old Account

Reading the thread title, enraged me(Not mad at the OP). I just can't even fathom even trying to do what happened.

Edit: I made a derp. a very big derp.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2016-10-06 at 11:27 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Bingo. Kids don't just "go along" with this shit, even if they are from Texas. It's insane to suggest that this is normal behavior in any way.
    Just can't get off of that Texas bashing thing, can you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    aH yes, the Y chromosome, noted summoner of rape demons from the misogyny dimension.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    So did the boys do this on their own or were they instigated to do this? Specifically from an adult. Cause if not, the 3 boys are mentally ill and should be treated as such. More to the point, they're a danger to society. They should be institutionalized.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a feeling the boys didn't think of this on their own. The parents must have been encouraging this kind of behavior, but they never thought 3 little boys would go that far. I don't know about taxes, but I hope that isn't how they see their fellow man.

Also no Trump stuff please.
    The grandmother of the boy that was arrested said they were all friends and they set a fire together. The accused grabbed some gas to make the fire burn bigger and when he threw the can away it spilled on the deaf kid and caught him on fire.

Also, the story I read said this boy has hearing problems that leads to a speech impediment. Hardly a "retard" and barely special needs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    The grandmother of the boy that was arrested said they were all friends and they set a fire together. The accused grabbed some gas to make the fire burn bigger and when he threw the can away it spilled on the deaf kid and caught him on fire.

Also, the story I read said this boy has hearing problems that leads to a speech impediment. Hardly a "retard" and barely special needs.
    Not making any snap judgements or anything here, but I find it incredibly hard to believe that the amount of gas needed to cover the area of the victims body in order to produce the burns that occurred is consistent with simply spilling some gas on them. Moreso, the victim told his mother that the other boys did this intentionally, or at least alluded to it, and requested that justice be served.

I'm leaning towards there being some bad intentions here. Let's see what the investigations turn up, and hopefully the victim survives and can tell his story after recovering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wonder if she ever visits Jisreal. It’s like Isreal, but for Jews.

Welcome to 2016. Where a hyperactive 10yr old is called special needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    In Texas people with special needs are things. /s
    Only took 3 posts for someone to make this a Texas thing. You're a real winner.

It is a HUGE deviance from normal behavior for a 9-10 year old to lure a special needs child into a cabin, douse gas on him and light him on fire. You can't "accidentally" light someone on fire by dousing gasoline on him while another boy lights a match and throws it on him, those acts in and of itself signifies intent to cause bodily harm.

It is impossible to diagnose someone over the internet and personality disorders such as antisocial personality disorder (aka "sociopaths") are not given to anyone under the age of 18, but I would be surprised if these boys did not meet the diagnostic criteria for Conduct Disorder which is in fact considered a precursor to APD.
    Say it with me now: allegations made by victim's family.

You're already lumping them all together as sociopaths based upon allegations only.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/arrest-a...burns-in-coma/

Investigations are still trying to sort out whether the burn was intended to actually harm him directly, as indicated above by the Sheriff. All of the information is coming from the victim's family, a biased source, who would automatically assume (as is natural for a family) that their child would never play with gasoline/fire, would never do anything so silly as to hang out with the wrong sorts of friends, and if hurt absolutely be not at all at fault.

You're assuming so many things because of the singular article... /sigh

this happens when you dont use good leather belt to teach bad behaving children how to behave properly . gg with 2016 and PC culture.

- - - Updated - - -

I bet they heard their parents complain a lot about freeloaders and special needs kids costing them tax money.

oh savage but so accurate

- - - Updated - - -

oh savage but so accurate

Quote Originally Posted by Korlok View Post
    Not making any snap judgements or anything here, but I find it incredibly hard to believe that the amount of gas needed to cover the area of the victims body in order to produce the burns that occurred is consistent with simply spilling some gas on them. Moreso, the victim told his mother that the other boys did this intentionally, or at least alluded to it, and requested that justice be served.

I'm leaning towards there being some bad intentions here. Let's see what the investigations turn up, and hopefully the victim survives and can tell his story after recovering.
    2nd degree burns, while nasty to be sure, were the actual "hrmmm" moment for me. Had this been 100% maliciously done, I would expect even more severe injuries.

On the other hand, these are young kids, so skillful malice is a bit of a stretch.

On the other hand, moronic kids slinging gasoline all over the place can spread fire easily, to include on each other, and our hyperactive partially deaf victim simply could have been unlucky.

On the other hand, our victim may have been doing something he knows was definitely wrong and is now seeking a scapegoat since he's so badly injured and has a mourning/angry family.

On the other hand, the "friends" could be genuinely nasty children who really did want to burn alive the victim.

On the other hand...