Maximizing Damage on Xavius

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...3733956/latest

I feel like I've done pretty good on heroic, not amazing, but pretty good. I realize I spent a lot of time clearing corruption for the mind control buff, was this the bad idea? I had 20 seconds, with lust, potion of old war, and CDS and it seems to of done nothing for my DPS (in comparison to every other fight)

Is there something I messed up on?
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...3733956/latest

I feel like I've done pretty good on heroic, not amazing, but pretty good. I realize I spent a lot of time clearing corruption for the mind control buff, was this the bad idea? I had 20 seconds, with lust, potion of old war, and CDS and it seems to of done nothing for my DPS (in comparison to every other fight)

Is there something I messed up on?
    Can't see the logs right now (I think warcraftlogs kinda died with EU reset) but you shouldn't try too hard to get corruption. In P1 don't go and soak adds where you can't hit xavius for example or don't go soak pools too far away in P2 (unless necessary cuz your guildies won't move their ass).

If your raid don't designate people to soak in order for P1 it's very hard to get the buff but you should get it easily enough in P2.

Also if you don't notice any extreme peaks in your dps you might not have gotten the buff for the full duration or not utilize it very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellianar View Post
    Can't see the logs right now (I think warcraftlogs kinda died with EU reset) but you shouldn't try too hard to get corruption. In P1 don't go and soak adds where you can't hit xavius for example or don't go soak pools too far away in P2 (unless necessary cuz your guildies won't move their ass).

If your raid don't designate people to soak in order for P1 it's very hard to get the buff but you should get it easily enough in P2.

Also if you don't notice any extreme peaks in your dps you might not have gotten the buff for the full duration or not utilize it very well.
    Yeah I think mine only lasted for 10 seconds instead of 20? Not sure why. Our kill was kind of...just walked in and got it. I spent most of my time trying to figure out how corruption during the dream worked (we killed him in only 5-6 attempts? No real strategy talked about) so I'm not sure about a lot of the mechanics behind it still.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    Yeah I think mine only lasted for 10 seconds instead of 20? Not sure why. Our kill was kind of...just walked in and got it. I spent most of my time trying to figure out how corruption during the dream worked (we killed him in only 5-6 attempts? No real strategy talked about) so I'm not sure about a lot of the mechanics behind it still.
    Yeah it can be shortened if you're late to get the buff, like if you have 10 seconds left on your dream buff you won't have the full duration of the buff.

The corruption is fairly easy to understand really.

In P1 you have 2 sources of corruption : The blobs that spawn on someone that does 1M dmg approx and give 30 corruption to the player that soaks it. Players in the dreams need to soak it so that non dream player don't get the corruption.

The 2nd source is the corruption nova from the big add that spawns, that add 5 corruption to the entire raid and can't be avoided.

The tricky thing in P1 is that there isn't enough blobs for all dps to get to 100 corruption. So the real strategy involve designating specific dps to soak the adds alone and get the corruption so they can have the buff during the add and melt it.

In P2 you get corruption from the meteor : it does 40 corruption spread among all people that gets damaged.

The main source of corruption though is the pools that are left behind when a little add dies. This pools deals damage and gives 4 corruption/second and it takes 3-4 seconds to soak it. You should have no problems getting to 100 corruption in P2.

Additionally when you get to high corruption you begin to see little aoe circles that you normally have to avoid. They give 10 or 15 corruption and can't help you get the needed 100 corruption at the cost of damages.

In P3 there is nobody in the dream and no reliable way to get corruption so just go ham.