Deleted

Blood dk trinkets

Straight to the point: What are the best EN trinkets and why?

Wowhead and icy veins are strangely suggesting that Phantasmal Echo is best which is my opinion is just garbage. Haste is cool yeah, but proc is shit. Grotesque Statuette from xavius is rlly nice, cant deny that.

My list would be:
    1. Grotesque Statuette
    2. Ravaged Seed Pod/Nature's Call - I know both are technicly for dps but they are just better.
    3. Unbridled fury

10+ Year Old Account
    Haste is king, which is why it's up there.

You can either rely on a proc which may not come at the right time, or you can have a decent chunk of haste there for the whole fight.

Also, segue: Is a leech proc really considered a DPS item?

Edit: Trinkets are also a bit more situational, get used to swapping them around for different fights.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

I'd love to hear from other Blood DK's what they have been using and why. I got Goblet of Nightmarish Ichor but it seems really lackluster, with uptime on the buff ranging from 20-30% or worse in fights with heavy movement / 5 mans. At that rate a decent item level stack stick seems better.

Deleted
    I've been using HC Ravaged Seed Pod and HC Goblet of Nightmarish Ichor (freaking Xavius won't drop).

Pod can always be cast with Vampiric Blood, making it a extremely good in aoe, and a nice survivability + dps boost in single target.
    Ichor is kinda mediocre, but I noticed it has a really high uptime, sometimes I saw two slimes proccing one after another. Too bad it doesn't stack, but I guess it's ok if you don't have anything else

Ursoc trinket is pure shit, we don't need more stamina and the armor bonus is low. I never use it.
    I don't have Phantasmal Echo, but honestly I would never use it.
    Statuette from Xavius is obviusly the trinket every tank should be aiming for.

Deleted
    All the trinkets are kind poopy. I'm currently using Phantasmal Echo and Grotesque Statuette. Grotesque Statuette is an obvious choice it's the best trinket this tier for tanks. This tier has no other good mitigation trinkets. So you'll want to go for a DPS one. Since it's early in the tier you won't be getting DPS trinkets, unless you get lucky with a re roll, those trinkets will be going to DPS. Phantasmal Echo is the best choice. While it's affect isn't that good, as a blood DK tank you'll drop below 50% often, it's much better than the 6% damage increase offered by the versatility from Goblet.

It helps a bit on stuff like Mythic Il'gynoth. You aren't really doing much in terms of tanking in this fight. But when you are the adds hit hard. It always procs on pull with those first Tentacles.

Is Grotesque Statuette really that good for Blood? It's got mastery, and at ilvl 855, it causes 1.4% dr per hit. Is that brief window of meaningful dr (assuming you're fighting a boss that reliably attacks one tank for 20 seconds) worth it over a good haste dps trinket?

Using darkmoon card and ill'gynoth trinkets on most fights, Xavius trinket is too random, you often end up having high stacks when it doesn't matter (also your death strike scaling from damage taken considerably reduces the interest of the trinket)

Ursoc trinket is actually useful... on Ursoc, when you've to soak a charge while having 2 overwhelm/rend flesh stacks it can prevent to get gimped
    Realistically absorb tank trinkets are undertuned on mythic, what they do is absorb 1 melee hit of the boss with a 2 minutes cd

Some hybrid trinkets are really nice, Horn of valor if you need some burst damage, Nature's call and memento of angerboda for huge stat boosts randomly, can use them safely on low damage fights (ie everything except ursoc, cenarius and probably xavius)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not main tanking anything, but I'm currently running an 850 Hunger of the Pack/840 HOV for heroics and Mythics(all I do), and aim to get the Ravaged Seed Pod. That leech will be insane, and good for soloing. HoV provides a passive ~.9% parry for 30 secs while it's up, and can be devastating to trash when paired with DRW/Bonestorm. Versatility is also good for that kind of thing.

I did use the BoA trinket for a long time though, for the first Mythics I did. It was good against demons, especially hard hitting ones like Smashspite. Urgh...
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Deleted
    I'm using Goblet of Nightmarish Ichor HC and Unbridled Fury HC. That means my haste has dropped dramatically, but contrary to posters on here I didn't find that it hampers me much- with BS up I always have 30% haste in combat. Unbridled fury is my def cooldown basically. I haven't been lucky with drops so far, will swap Ichor for the haste trinket once it drops.
    I am however gearing my warrior right now, I feel that once we progress further into Mythic EN having a monk&dk tank will be too much of a burden for the raid. I really, really feel the lack of def cd's, especially on Cenarius. AMS doesn't absorb physical and swapping talents for rune tap weakens me overall.

You guys dismissing Phantasmal Echo are crazy. None of the trinkets are particularly 'good' right now, so you are gimping yourself by not running double haste trinkets. Also the Phantasmal Echo effect is solid, though the cooldown is fairly long. If you haven't noticed we spike like crazy, this trinket does a great job smoothing intake when it's active. In current content with so many tank swapping mechanics, the cooldown isn't even that big of a deal.

Ravaged Seed Pod and Phantasmal Echo are the only trinkets I'll be running until better options are obtainable.

Quote Originally Posted by siyX- View Post
    You guys dismissing Phantasmal Echo are crazy. None of the trinkets are particularly 'good' right now, so you are gimping yourself by not running double haste trinkets. Also the Phantasmal Echo effect is solid, though the cooldown is fairly long. If you haven't noticed we spike like crazy, this trinket does a great job smoothing intake when it's active. In current content with so many tank swapping mechanics, the cooldown isn't even that big of a deal.

Ravaged Seed Pod and Phantasmal Echo are the only trinkets I'll be running until better options are obtainable.
    You use dungeon DPS trinkets with haste on them like Spiked Counterweight. Chrono-Shard and Memento are also very good. I'd much rather go for a dps trinket than something that breaks on an auto attack every 2 minutes.

Could we include dungeon trinkets in the discussion? Mythic+ makes them as relevant to gearing as sub-mythic raid trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by InDecisive View Post
    Could we include dungeon trinkets in the discussion? Mythic+ makes them as relevant to gearing as sub-mythic raid trinkets.
    Feel like the best M+ trinket (trinket for M+ runs) is the one from Violet Hold off shivermaw

that 5400 versatility every minute is great with Vamp blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    You use dungeon DPS trinkets with haste on them like Spiked Counterweight. Chrono-Shard and Memento are also very good. I'd much rather go for a dps trinket than something that breaks on an auto attack every 2 minutes.
    Yeah you can run your dps trinkets in your heroic raid and mythic +7, but when stuff starts actually getting somewhat difficult strength trinkets aren't going to cut it. You could maybe get by with a Spiked Counterweight rolled with 1000 haste but otherwise you are better off using the raid haste trinkets. For mitigation (which matters when you get to M+12 and onward and M EN) haste is functionally much, much better than strength, and passive haste is better defensive value than a proc for a class that already struggles with extremely spikey damage intake. The on-use for Ravaged Seed Pod is actually fairly noticeable if you use it with VB, and the proc on Phantasmal Echo at worst isn't a liability while giving you a large amount of passive haste.

I have an 865 Chrono Shard, 860 Momento, 870 Ravaged Seed Pod, and 865 Phantasmal Echo and while the raid trinkets are slightly higher ilvl than the 'dps' trinkets, I find myself doing better damage with them on content where you aren't going to die. I find the procs, especially the Chrono Shard, to be super unreliable.

Since Blood DK trinkets are a mess right now I'm having a though time deciding what to use for Heroic/Mythic raiding. I have access to the following trinkets. What is the best combo?

850 Shard of Rokmora
    850 Orb of Torment
    840 Strength/Haste trinket
    865 Unbridled Fury

Deleted
    Don't forget about Bottled Hurricane A decent chunk of haste and you can do a little raid healing.