Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I feel like the current version of Spriests is a bit of a missed opportunity in terms of class design. They tried to create slightly different take on the whole builder-spender design that many other specs use, but things like STM have gotten out of control (from design point of view). How's this for a crazy idea:

• Entropy: New resource replacing Insanity. An ever building resource that needs to be used or else you risk triggering...
    • Surrender to the Void: (Passive) Activated if you spend too long at high Entropy. You become a Void Lord. Like current STM but when SttV ends you don't die instead you become...
    • Naaru: Unable to do damage but able to aid allies. Modest healing and perhaps damage increase aura. Or may be a channel spell that targets one ally incresing their damage by x% for the duration of the channel. Ends if killed or upon exiting combat.

I think removing STM from talents will make it easier to balance, both STM itself and 100 level talents in general.

Deleted
    Current iteration:
    As you know, Shadow Priests are currently one of the best, if not the best single-target DPS class
    pardon me? I'm playing disc only, so not very much familiar with other specs, but is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexmorph View Post
    pardon me? I'm playing disc only, so not very much familiar with other specs, but is that true?
    Well I wouldn't say the best, but once we hit execute we shoot right up near the top, it's pretty ridiculous. For multi target fights we're usually in the top 3 as well.

Hence the ~10% nerf that just came down the pipeline!

Quote Originally Posted by Ygorl View Post
    Hence the ~10% nerf that just came down the pipeline!
    Well, we did get a flat 10% buff through shadow and voidform in 7.1 so I guess nothing changes, then.
    Still the wrong way to start "balancing" us though.

Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    Well, we did get a flat 10% buff through shadow and voidform in 7.1 so I guess nothing changes, then.
    Still the wrong way to start "balancing" us though.
    Which is VERY strange because the idea for buffing shadowform damage was to increase our non-VF damage which was shit, and now remains shit. I basically fail to understand what's the reason to do the changes which literally change nothing at all.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though