Walking Dead comp help. Dropping rating like crazy.

So, my friend and I pushed to 1550 rather quickly and we were playing 16-1700 teams. Now suddenly we're dropping fast and our rating is almost dropping into the 1300's. I think what is happening is we don't really know how our comp is meant to be played. Just a heads up I prefer frost so this is all from frost DK PoV. What specifically should we be looking to do? Is there some magic to this comp we should be exploiting that we probably aren't?
    Last edited by Argotar; 2016-10-07 at 03:54 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    This may sound harsh, and may also be a bit of a generalization for PvP.. I don't mean to offend though, rather give you my perspective.

If you're playing at 1300-1500 rating (even 1700), you shouldn't really trust comp-reliance. I don't even know what your comp is, not keeping up with all the new flashy names anymore, but this generally applies to most setups. You simply need to become better. Learn your own class, learn the enemy classes, figure out how you can counter different enemy CDs etc.

If you are having trouble pressuring the enemy:
    Either think about how you can maximize your own and your teammates damage, maybe you can try to get some more cleave damage in (not sure if it applies to your comp) or try to get some more ccs and/or lockouts on the enemy healer to make him fall behind on healing. You might also want to try target switching, try to get a bit of spread pressure.

If the issue seems to be the enemy teams pressure:
    Try to trade CDs with your teammates, if a dps is being nuked, make sure you don't waste multiple defensive CDs (both yours and your healers for example) in a situation that would only require one. Also try to avoid using defensive CDs if you think you will survive without it, don't waste them! This also applies for your trinket.. Don't just "auto trinket" the first CC you get thrown on you because you "popped your cooldowns instantly".. Save it so that it can save you from certain death. There are VERY few cases in my experience that warrants an offensive trinket.. The only time you really should do it is if you can ensure a kill or if you'd lose ALL momentum by not trinketing offensively.

General things to consider:
    Don't just focus on whomever you happen to be training, keep actively scanning the entire battlefield, so that you know how your enemies and your teammates are positioned, if you need to focus deathgrip the enemy healer, you need to know that he is in your line of sight etc. Battlefield Awareness..

Communication is king, getting two overlapping CCs on the enemy healer may be devastating and should never happen. It could mean giving the healer 5 seconds extra to heal, which is enough to top someone off with cds.. Meanwhile, if you had gotten 5 extra seconds of cc, you could've scored a kill.

So to what I was initially going to say:
    People need to stop with the "How do I play my comp" bullshit, in many cases it's all about learning how arena works. Sure, knowing how your comp works might help, but there isn't going to be a 100% accurate guide you should follow against every enemy team ever. Rather people need to learn how to read situations, how to communicate effectively with their team, how to use defensive cds such as IBF, Trinket etc. How to line up cc and offensive CDs for a kill and so on and so forth. Comp doesn't really matter lower in the brackets, because people generally doesn't know how to perform well enough in a certain comp for it to matter. It all goes down to adapting to what the enemy team is doing (or at that rating more than likely, isn't doing).

I realize that this entire post MAY be read as me bashing on lower rated players, and to some extent that may be true, but it's nothing personal, it IS meant to be helpful. A ton of lower rated players needs to focus on "How arena actually works" rather than "What is the guide for my FOTM-setup to win every game and become gladiator".

If you have further questions I'll attempt to answer them.