Ask Mr.Robot data says other things then Icy-Veins and Terryn(Affliction)

Affliction question:

I checked my character at AskmrRobot and it suggested that I geared for Haste and used Grim of Supremacy on single target fights....
    All guides I've read say Mastery is the go-to stat and Grim of Service should be used on single target fights.

Are they just wrong at askmrrobot or do any of you fellow affliction locks have any good experiences with haste stacking and grim of Supremacy?

Deleted
    You should try simming your own character: docs DOT google DOT com SLASH document/d/1pW5mWY9nkfWoRCOHfoXqeeGb8s-jMoSVy-g8uveUv4c/edit

Deleted
    Im going haste.im following ask mr robot.

Sounds about right. Haste = shards. Shards = dps.
    Even 1 extra UA via haste is probably going to beat out a small chunk of mastery.
    Mastery is a close second, or an equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepaintrain View Post
    Even 1 extra UA via haste is probably going to beat out a small chunk of mastery.
    Mastery is far better then haste, it is a base increase of dmg done to our 3 main spells (UA, Cor and Agony) ... stats on askmrrobot are wrong ... I created on profile and compared the sims ... theirs vs mine and I was 60k+ more everytime .. they also say haste enchants i used mastery. Try it yourself.

Spooky Stat Weights -Stat weights are calculated for a single target.
    Intellect: 1.00
    Mastery: 1.04 (i did 1.01)
    Haste: 0.86
    Critical Strike: 0.75
    Versatility: 0.60

Quote Originally Posted by stormare View Post
    Im going haste.im following ask mr robot.
    Mr.Robot's Affliction stats weights are off. Mastery > Haste in single target and even more so on multiple targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepaintrain View Post
    Wrong. Refer to the answer above this.

Quote Originally Posted by Iknus View Post
    Mastery is far better then haste, it is a base increase of dmg done to our 3 main spells (UA, Cor and Agony) ... stats on askmrrobot are wrong ... I created on profile and compared the sims ... theirs vs mine and I was 60k+ more everytime .. they also say haste enchants i used mastery. Try it yourself.

Spooky Stat Weights -Stat weights are calculated for a single target.
    Intellect: 1.00
    Mastery: 1.04 (i did 1.01)
    Haste: 0.86
    Critical Strike: 0.75
    Versatility: 0.60
    To add to that, it also affects Siphon Life, which is the go to talent for near every situations that doesn't involve obliterating adds.
    Last edited by Dwill; 2016-10-07 at 07:54 PM. Reason: spelling

Deleted
    Even if you are true I already invested a lot in haste so it's a bit too late

Cool

Never too late to start thinking ahead and just keeping some extra gear with alternate stats.

Like Boombeef mentioned, it's never too late to get extra gear. Having an extra set of gear (your haste set) for an offspec (demo) is never a bad thing.

Anyone wondering about weights: give me your character name and realm, I'll run some tests for you, custom to your character

In the meantime, here are some generic tests:

ST Weights, about equal (within 0.5% of each other)
    AMR Grim Sup: 403k DPS
    IV Grim Sup: 405k DPS

AMR Grim Serv: 390k DPS
    IV Grim Serv: 391k DPS

Same weights, used on AoE, AMR pulls ahead by about 2.5% DPS (so they are close)
    AMR Grim Sup: 437k DPS
    IV Grim Sup: 427k DPS

AMR Grim Serv: 426k DPS
    IV Grim Serv: 416k DPS

That being said, when you use the Ask Mr. Robot simulator to generate stat weights, they are better than other sources. Our simulator looks at 1000s of data points for each stat (instead of just 2 like SimC). You can also customize how far out you want to plan for upgrades on AMR's stat weights, from 'right now' to 'next 10 ilevels' or more.

On top of that, the stat weight simulation on AMR also runs every trinket and item with a proc through a ton of simulations. And that information is bundled with the stat weight report so that all items with procs are ranked directly from simulations. (That's new for Legion). Pretty handy. So make sure to generate those for your character and specific setup.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Deleted
    I've been pondering this myself, i'm playing with GoSup and since mastery doesn't affect pet damage i thought haste is the way to go. I've read and reseached a bit, done few sims with Simulationcraft and AMR and shows mastery to be better.
    Upon closer look ~57 of my damage is affected by mastery but it takes only 112 rating for 1% damage increase while for 1% haste i need 325 rating.