Deleted

when stop haste to get crit

Hey.

i'm destro and i'm currently at 29% haste 18 % critt and 64% mastery.

but is there a point where i should stop getting haste? because i ahve some items where i could get even more haste but at the cost of critt

ofc when i can i sacrifice mastery but mastery is on every fucking piece of gear

ty

Consensus from reading forums/discord is anywhere from 25 - 33%. The 'ideal' appears to be around 28 - 30% haste, at which point you should start pushing into other stats. It's been noted via simcraft that around 30% haste, all warlock stats become very close in weight, so dont sweat too much if you're having a hard time getting away from mastery.

On balance, small differences in haste % shouldn't affect your overall DPS too much if you keep it around or just below 30%. You can aim for more if you prefer that playstyle, but should sim your character if you're worried that your dps is taking a hit due to diminishing returns on haste.

Deleted
    thanks for the quick replay, i know enough

15+ Year Old Account
    Exactly what Auracle said.
    ~30% haste is when you start to give more weight to Crit > Mastery.
    Reckoning Bomb - Unleashes the Reckoning upon the Scourge, inflicting ridiculous amounts of damage. Some might even say the damage is ludicrous.

I was around 31haste/27crit and my mastery had dropped to near 32% last week. I've since dropped some haste to hit about 29 and also dropped crit to around 21. At the same time my mastery went up to 57% and my dps has gone up. I'm sure a large part of that is that my overall ilvl has gone up to but what I'm trying to say is that don't completely throw mastery in the garbage bin. Mastery is RNG no doubt but it is useful to have a decent amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Atreyis View Post
    I was around 31haste/27crit and my mastery had dropped to near 32% last week. I've since dropped some haste to hit about 29 and also dropped crit to around 21. At the same time my mastery went up to 57% and my dps has gone up. I'm sure a large part of that is that my overall ilvl has gone up to but what I'm trying to say is that don't completely throw mastery in the garbage bin. Mastery is RNG no doubt but it is useful to have a decent amount.
    At ilvl 844 I managed 220k dps spaming shadowburns and stacking mastery (84%) in LFR. Beaten only by 2 ilvl 860ish MM hunters and 1 Havoc at ilvl850ish with leg (i have none). 0 Chaos Bolt, 0 Incinerate. Only immolate, conflagration, drain life (!) when shard starved, shadowburns spam and clever Havocing. Spec into Conduit and GoSac. It was an experiment but I was quite suprised in a positive way. The spec is super RNG though.
    But it makes me cry a bit when I struggle to keep 200k - 210k as steady dps with 30% haste in Demo with the best rotation.

All of that to say that I love the mastery actually. Like the devs saids, I see it more like another crit stat. The more your increase your population the more the stat become valuable. Hense the "instant only" spec.
    Last edited by Gratlim; 2016-10-07 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    At ilvl 844 I managed 220k dps spaming shadowburns and stacking mastery (84%) in LFR. Beaten only by 2 ilvl 860ish MM hunters and 1 Havoc at ilvl850ish with leg (i have none). 0 Chaos Bolt, 0 Incinerate. Only immolate, conflagration, drain life (!) when shard starved, shadowburns spam and clever Havocing. Spec into Conduit and GoSac. It was an experiment but I was quite suprised in a positive way. The spec is super RNG though.
    But it makes me cry a bit when I struggle to keep 200k - 210k as steady dps with 30% haste in Demo with the best rotation.

All of that to say that I love the mastery actually. Like the devs saids, I see it more like another crit stat. The more your increase your population the more the stat become valuable. Hense the "instant only" spec.
    That is an interesting experiment to say the least! The way I look at mastery is to take what the percent I have is and divide by 2 to get what my average % damage increase is. So in going from 32% to 57% only dropping a bit of haste and crit its roughly a 12.5% overall damage increase (at least for spells that are affected). I was leary about dropping the haste and crit initially as I was afraid I would be shard starved but once you have the artifact talent that gives a chance to refund shards on chaos bolt I found I was drowning in shards with Soul Conduit on single target and on cleave with multiple immolates up I didn't have any problems either.

I was able to get the relic that also gives an extra %5 chance to return shard on chaos bolt and once I get my next artifact point that talent will be at 4/3. Adding in soul conduit that means 40% shard return on chaos bolt. I've switched over to backdraft and now I throw chaos like a machine gun.

What is the reason for the diminishing return on haste? They removed haste break points, and I didn't think there was a hard DR on haste in terms of 1 point of haste always equals the same % of haste increase.

The only thing that I can think of would be related to once you have so many DoT ticks that you are generating almost too many soul shards then you can spend. And/or you get to the point where you are approaching GCD cap.

Quote Originally Posted by taztwister View Post
    What is the reason for the diminishing return on haste? They removed haste break points, and I didn't think there was a hard DR on haste in terms of 1 point of haste always equals the same % of haste increase.

The only thing that I can think of would be related to once you have so many DoT ticks that you are generating almost too many soul shards then you can spend. And/or you get to the point where you are approaching GCD cap.
    GDC caps on 40% haste.