Chaos Crystal Pricing

Might just be phenom on my server (Shadowsong) but Chaos Crystal spiked up quite a bit about 4 days ago. Prev price range was 900-1500g depending on day of week.

Now is 2000-2500.

I figured it was just a normal supply/demand price blip that would settle out in a day or so. Its been 4 days and price spike has maintained.

Has something changed in game or with a hotfix that has caused the spike?

Lowered drop chance the other rare crystals can now also drop instead of the epic.

hmmm. is there a blue note on that.

BIS enchants that take 12-15 crystals gonna get even more pricey. seems to me that Blizz should be taking action to lessen the post-expansion hyper-inflation of crafts/mats, not make it worse.

What you need to remember is it is early in raiding, meaning alot of gear is not being DE'd but instead used. In a few more weeks alot of that gear will start to be sharded and prices will drop.

^^ agree on price drops will happen as raiding picks up

what I didn't understand is the very recent supply slump, price jump. is this as simple as hot fix on drop rates suggested above

Crafted purples were giving 100% chance on DEing into crystals, now it's only around 10%.

^^^ well that would explain it. thx

It's in the Oct 3rd hotfix notes.