[Prot] Stat weight and priority

I've been posting and reshearshing a lot lately on this because I thought that I was taking a lot of dommage because of it. It ended up that it was because of my interface not well optimisated and a bit of lack on the strat knowledge. But I've seen that a lot of people are asking about it so I'll try to clarify it for most people.

The only thing that maters to you is avoiding as much as you can crit, because the gain you have with the jugement is close to nothing. (I putted an equation about it and it's juste irrelevant). So you should focus on your Ilvl because depending on the situation one stat can be better than another and you can't have a full stuff for one encounter and another for the next boss. If you gain +5ilvl then equip it. If you have crit on the new gear then equip it only if you gain 10ilvl (when crit is lower than the other stat). If crit is the primary stat then equip it only for a +15 ilvl gain.

Follow this and trust me your optimisation will be good. That being said if you're still having surviviabilty issues it's coming from something else. You're using you SotR when you should not or you're not keeping charges when you need it. Try staying on your consecration as much as you can too.

To conclude on this, the biggest mistakes I see every where is using HoL on yourself. You should let your healer take care of you because 90% of the time when you use it, a healer will cast a heal on you for nothing. So talk about it with your healers, and download Healbot. You cast HoL on the raid and assist your healer so he can focus on you. Doing this makes haste really good because you'll be a lot more often under SotR and your HPS will go up by a lot. (I've yet to try this on MM so please feel free to discuss it)
    Last edited by Shayd; 2016-10-07 at 01:58 PM.