Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

10+ Year Old Account
    Incredible, people screaming "life sentence" and "gitmo" here because of two kids who made them lag in WoW.

It's called proportionality people, apply it some time.

i hope the 10 minutes of lag they gave me was worth it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krawu View Post
    Incredible, people screaming "life sentence" and "gitmo" here because of two kids who made them lag in WoW.

trafficked payments, profited off threatening others with spam calls.

yeah, thats mroe than just an annoying DDOS there dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawu View Post

The "I didn't actually read the post" post.

I hope they are killed in Prison. I will not tolerate anything that interrupts my video game time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I hope they are killed in Prison. I will not tolerate anything that interrupts my video game time.
    So I'm guessing you don't do much else with your time?

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    trafficked payments, profited off threatening others with spam calls.

yeah, thats mroe than just an annoying DDOS there dude.
    And yet its the DDOS that makes me despise these people.

The one kid was a Narutard. My sides...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    All it takes is one of them to sell out the bot net or other members (assuming there is more). I wanna know how the FBI finally got them and figured out who they were.
    I'm wondering the same thing. Lizard Squad at one point stated they use multiple VPNs as well as coffee shops/restaurants with free wifi to do their bidding. They had to have made a slip up, one of the members turned them in, or the FBI went through layers to find them.

I'm positive there is more members so it'll be interesting to see this play out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    The one kid was a Narutard. My sides...
    I felt the same way...lol
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

They will probably get jobs with the US gov't in cyber security. Maybe they can even protect Hillary's emails.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Hope they get life sentences.
    10 years seems fine to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    they are much worse criminals deserving of death than these pathetic people.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    I wanna know how the FBI finally got them and figured out who they were.
    That's probably classified. The FBI isn't about to tell us their techniques. Can't have the bad guys learning and adapting their techniques to avoid the law.

Best piece of news i have heard all month!

I always knew this was just a 2 bit operation done by teenage basement dwellers that the feds would soon track down.

Now they have been caught this is the part where they all start to sell each other out for reduced or suspended sentences and the whole thing implodes and good riddance!

The courts needs to make examples so other nerd raging teens dont try to emulate and we can all play our videogames and surf our websites in peace!

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    Haha of course they're 19 year olds with anime names
    Just what I was about to say. Bravo.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuuki Asuna View Post
    I'm wondering the same thing. Lizard Squad at one point stated they use multiple VPNs as well as coffee shops/restaurants with free wifi to do their bidding. They had to have made a slip up, one of the members turned them in, or the FBI went through layers to find them.

I'm positive there is more members so it'll be interesting to see this play out.
    VPNs aren't actually anonymity granting tools. If the government wants to know who was using a VPN, they can find out. Most VPNs still log your IP, operating system and operations performed. Any VPN that offers any kind of protective service, or any service that interacts with your IP, has a record of your IP and actions, ingoing and outgoing, no matter how minute the logs are, they are there. Even Tor have stated themselves that they can't resolve the anonymity issue. VPNs and the like only give you low-level protection, to a degree that your IP provider might not bother to trace back through. In the case of the FBI or the like, this is just a minor hurdle/delaying tactic for them to deal with.

Given they're in the sub-20's age range for the most part, they probably had a limited area of operations at best, which means they would have had their potential locations and identities cut down to thousands of possibilities within the first few weeks of investigation.

In the end, it's always just a matter of time. Online anonymity as a concept is a joke, when you come down to it. And besides these facts, the idiots laid claim to all they did online, openly, because they're proud of what they did.

They won't last a week, never mind 10 years in prison.

They seemed to enjoy the carnage their actions caused, so they can clearly find the humour in weird situations.

I'm sure they'll see the funny side of things when Bubba DDOSes their anuses in Federal Pound-me-in-the-ass prison.

7+ Year Old Account
    5 years in prison for them all, and put them in Gpop. 19-20 year olds who have probably never had to fight in their life will be passed around like candy.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Where's police brutality when you need it