Emerald Nightmare and Assassination specs

Last night I picked up Zoldyck Family Training Shackles and I was simming myself out, looked like poison build was 10k dps ahead so that seemed simple enough right? Well swap to hectic add cleave like a lot of the fights and the bleed build is 100k dps ahead of poison, I'm assuming it's the loss of deadly ticking on adds.

So the question I pose to you guys is this, do you think it's worth swapping back and forth based on the fight?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syleion View Post
    Last night I picked up Zoldyck Family Training Shackles and I was simming myself out, looked like poison build was 10k dps ahead so that seemed simple enough right? Well swap to hectic add cleave like a lot of the fights and the bleed build is 100k dps ahead of poison, I'm assuming it's the loss of deadly ticking on adds.

So the question I pose to you guys is this, do you think it's worth swapping back and forth based on the fight?
    Poison build is just bad on many litlle add fight, it's just a ST/2 target build... if you plan on playing sin on every fight i would just go for crit-versa gear as its good for both build and switch depending on fight... don't neglect alacrity either it's decent for long cleave 3ish target... not a lot of fight are adds fight in EN tho, nyth is mostly ST, spider is mostly ST, adds can be taken care off by other class, ursoc is 1-2 target fight, cenarius is burst add fight/2-3 target max and xavius is 1-2 target fight. only ilgynoth could be consider AoE and even there it's more of a prio target fight (great fight for outlaw anyeay).

One thing you can do, is switch to deadly poison while still using AP talent for adds. In mythic+, I run AP and switch between poisons for ST and AoE fights. On the other side of things, gearing mastery is still quite valuable considering how much deadly poison contributes to our AoE damage, regardless of what build we are using.

Quote Originally Posted by ribthanwa View Post
    One thing you can do, is switch to deadly poison while still using AP talent for adds. In mythic+, I run AP and switch between poisons for ST and AoE fights. On the other side of things, gearing mastery is still quite valuable considering how much deadly poison contributes to our AoE damage, regardless of what build we are using.
    Trust me on this one: crit+mastery, EP+Exsang+Subterfuge for Mythic+ ( Subterfuge for trash clearing, 3~4 garrotes on each pack does miracles for us )

- - - Updated - - -

Still leaves our single target damage on top tier, and moves us to top tier AoE too

- - - Updated - - -

Check "Omgbak" from Azralon on warcraftlogs, I do have the Zoldyck and I do play poison build, my performance as poison is FAR BETTER than bleed, it's just about stat optimizing, though there are other guys with bleed that do significantly better than me, I am yet to find one at my ilvl bracket doing similar DPS ( last rogue that did the almost exact same DPS as me on a Heroic Xavius had significant higher ILVL and relics than me )

Quote Originally Posted by skindown View Post
    Trust me on this one: crit+mastery, EP+Exsang+Subterfuge for Mythic+ ( Subterfuge for trash clearing, 3~4 garrotes on each pack does miracles for us )

- - - Updated - - -

Still leaves our single target damage on top tier, and moves us to top tier AoE too

- - - Updated - - -

Check "Omgbak" from Azralon on warcraftlogs, I do have the Zoldyck and I do play poison build, my performance as poison is FAR BETTER than bleed, it's just about stat optimizing, though there are other guys with bleed that do significantly better than me, I am yet to find one at my ilvl bracket doing similar DPS ( last rogue that did the almost exact same DPS as me on a Heroic Xavius had significant higher ILVL and relics than me )
    What's your mastery at right now?

8.5ish, couldn't get higher w/o losing much crit

Hey Skindown, would you be willing to add me on Bnet and discuss this a little further? Really intrigued by the suggestions you made here, would like to hear more.

Bnet is Mitnation#1544, feel free to add me. I'd really like to pick your brain a bit if you wouldn't mind!

Quote Originally Posted by mitooshin221 View Post
    Hey Skindown, would you be willing to add me on Bnet and discuss this a little further? Really intrigued by the suggestions you made here, would like to hear more.

Bnet is Mitnation#1544, feel free to add me. I'd really like to pick your brain a bit if you wouldn't mind!
    Just added ya

what fight is "hectic add cleave" exactly?

but yeah obv go deadly on AOE fights (of which there are none really atm unless you count padding on elerethe)

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    what fight is "hectic add cleave" exactly?
    Referring to simcraft option... Ilgynoth would be the poster child for this, imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Lougarou View Post
    Referring to simcraft option... Ilgynoth would be the poster child for this, imho.
    maybe in HC or normal(but even there i'd rather have the higher ST for p2 since p1 blobs will die anyway, granted exsang is the best for that but not because of deadly poison :P)

in mythic no not rly.

AOE dots are actually a hindrance there

all there is is wisps on cena and spiders on elerethe, which isnt that much and not necessarily your job as an assa rogue if ur gonna pad on those then u might as well be outlaw
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2016-10-08 at 04:00 AM.

I'm currently using a crit/mastery build for exsang and it seems to work out really well, usually 310-325k single target with deadly poison, i have 43% crit 103% mastery, and like 4% versa.

Hello all,

I'm at 41% Crit/104% Mastery/3% Vers/6%Haste. Wondering if this is good enough for EP+AP.....Or if I should use EP+Exang?? I'm trying to be the very best I can, and sometimes I parse okay, but I desperately want to be better and am trying my hardest to figure out how to. It seems every freaking week something changes. Like OMG OUTLAW #1 ....one week later, OUTLAW GARB ASS #1.....one week later, SUBT IS GOD TIER WOW....

I don't know what to do. It's redic. I'm in a 2/7 mythic guild by the way. I want to top the charts. I feel like my gear has been holding me back and only recently have i focused on obtaining mastery/crit as my gear was all over the place. My relics are kind of poop I guess? They seem impossible to get for me. I don't know why. I've got 1 Rupt cirt/1 rupt dmg/1 psn damage. I think 3 rupt dmg would probably help a lot.

Any advice or suggestions?

Edit: Heres mythic bird--I'm the only rogue.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...w21hL#fight=15

Here's mythic nyth.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Wna2C7xPFvmQd4rB