Thread: M+ Tanking

M+ Tanking

I'm seeing pretty much all tanks, except monks, being used for M+. At what point does certain tanks become preferable and what how do you rank the tanks?

I'm trying to build a 5man team for M+ and Kara.

[Not a help me choose a class thread]

Probably depends on what affixes are up for the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekster View Post
    I'm seeing pretty much all tanks, except monks, being used for M+. At what point does certain tanks become preferable and what how do you rank the tanks?

I'm trying to build a 5man team for M+ and Kara.

[Not a help me choose a class thread]
    Pick a druid or a paladin and your good to go. Warrior also works but the latest nerfs did hit them pretty hard.

Paladin seems to need quite a bit of gear befor they really start to get good however.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekster View Post
    except monks
    Nothing is stopping Monks from tanking M+, they are just underplayed all around!

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Pick a druid or a paladin and your good to go. Warrior also works but the latest nerfs did hit them pretty hard.

Paladin seems to need quite a bit of gear befor they really start to get good however.
    DH didnt make the list apparently..

It seems all tanks are doing fine. I was seeing more druids at the top though. Maybe they have the most DPS...which helps on trash pulls??

Deleted
    Got a warrior and druid tank,i prefer my druid because off the fantastic AOE tanking,were a warrior lacks a bit imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post
    DH didnt make the list apparently..
    They aren't as strong compared to the others. I'm sure you could use one but you'd probably be better of as a druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalitiy View Post
    Got a warrior and druid tank,i prefer my druid because off the fantastic AOE tanking,were a warrior lacks a bit imo.

See and DH got aoe nerf + single target nerf plus mitigation nerfs.... Thanks bad blizzard devs

What makes druid so great at AoE? Is it just swipe spam ? Can they pick up adds that have scattered away from you (not clustered up)?

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    What makes druid so great at AoE? Is it just swipe spam ? Can they pick up adds that have scattered away from you (not clustered up)?
    They're great at AoE and very mobile, where as say Warriors have limited AoE pickup and Paladins are somewhat rooted to consecration for their AoE damage, so Druids are able to adjust very easily. That and their tanking kit is great for a limited heals setup.

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    With Rage of the Sleeper (artifact ability, especially with golden trait) and then thrash > swipe spam + moonfire procs from the Galactic Guardian talent, also other talents like Brambles and Lunar Beam you can get to over 1m dps on large packs, while you are also pretty safe from a number of mitigations as well as FR (healing based on damage taken). You can also do most of this (minus lunar beam) while moving without issue.
    Bears can easily pick scattered adds with moonfire (40yd, no cost and no cd), if there are too many to pick individually then just run through them while spamming thrash/swipe.

Druids are good with necrotic as RotS leech and Ironfur/Ursul both ignore the debuff.

They seem to have threat issues with skittish, despite high AoE dps.

In terms of utility they bring a CR and roar, both of which are excellent.

General tankyness and health stability makes them very pleasant to heal.

I suspect they are in line for nerfs.

Druid is OP and ideal, esp for progression.