Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    You could just as easily be a drug user as a witch in Salem. But hey, at least the witches got "trials" before they vanished. The people accused of being druggies don't even get that much.
    Sometimes a little bit of the tree is cut when you remove a cancer, just to be sure.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    the cia just goes around threatening to assassinate people on a regular basis?
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Pretty sure there are a lot more people who are mentally ill than there are people who the CIA has actually threatened.
    Why so obtuse?

1. CIA most certainly haven't threatened to assassinate him, directly. Most probably it was just hinted to him that if he continues as he does they will have to do something about it, referring him to Iraq (Saddam - dead) and Libya (Gaddafi - dead). That's a veiled assassination threat.

2. The fact that there are more mentally ill people than people who got threatened by CIA is irrelevant, using it here is a logical fallacy. Because there are a lot more STATE LEADERS who got threatened by CIA than there are mentally ill STATE LEADERS. Context matters.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Sometimes a little bit of the tree is cut when you remove a cancer, just to be sure.
    I propose a better solution: 1000 thermonuclear bombs dropped on Philippines. That oughta take care of the drug problem!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Why so obtuse?

1. CIA most certainly haven't threatened to assassinate him, directly. Most probably it was just hinted to him that if he continues as he does they will have to do something about it, referring him to Iraq (Saddam - dead) and Libya (Gaddafi - dead). That's a veiled assassination threat.

2. The fact that there are more mentally ill people than people who got threatened by CIA is irrelevant, using it here is a logical fallacy. Because there are a lot more STATE LEADERS who got threatened by CIA than there are mentally ill STATE LEADERS. Context matters.
    you are talking about state leader who put in place a statewide open hunting season to solve the problem of drug use. and indirectly threatening someone is still threatening them. with his wild behavior it is certainly much more likely that he has some kind of paranoia than the CIA casually assassinating "state leaders."

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I propose a better solution: 1000 thermonuclear bombs dropped on Philippines. That oughta take care of the drug problem!
    Could we do that to Israel and Palestine first so they can stop acting like two children who refuse to grow up?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    you are talking about state leader who put in place a statewide open hunting season to solve the problem of drug use.
    Which is the only way to solve the drug use problem in Philippines and he has the support of his people. CIA is probably making a lot of money by selling drugs in Philippines. His "paranoia" is quite justified - so not a paranoia at all.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

I mean drug dealers aren't really anyone I have a problem with vanishing. /shrug. YOu do you Duterte.
    I mean i really don't have a problem with people like you vanishing, does that make it ok to kill you?
    Guns don't kill people! Toddlers kill people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.

Quote Originally Posted by luckydevours View Post
    I mean i really don't have a problem with people like you vanishing, does that make it ok to kill you?
    Ok would probably be the wrong choice of words for me originally but ultimately if I lived in the Philippines it would be legal. Just like it'd be legal for me to kill you.

Where I live now though not legal so I'm ok

Why so obtuse?
    Because your appeal to Ockham's Razor is utterly backwards.

The razor says don't multiply entities needlessly (and, more generally, take into account priors). It's more likely D is just a paranoid nutcase than it is that the CIA (another entity) is actually out to get him.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Ok would probably be the wrong choice of words for me originally but ultimately if I lived in the Philippines it would be legal. Just like it'd be legal for me to kill you.
    I don't think so! You're seriously saying there are no laws regarding murder in the Philippines?

Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.

I don't think so! You're seriously saying there are no laws regarding murder in the Philippines?
    There really aren't now are there? Seems like the law is martial law.

The razor says don't multiply entities needlessly (and, more generally, take into account priors). It's more likely D is just a paranoid nutcase than it is that the CIA (another entity) is actually out to get him.
    I think it's even more likely that it's just rhetoric that he knows appeals to his base.

10+ Year Old Account

Explain exactly how it is more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengekaer View Post
    Well the country is seriously overpopulated and getting people off drugs rarely works in the long-run.

So he has devised an Endlösung, if I am not mistaken, the commies in China also got rid of Opium in rather brutal - but efficient - fashion. It is gruesome to behold, let alone think of, but stuff like this also makes me realize how blessed and fortunate people of the West are. To not have these sorts of problems or these sorts of leaders.

That said, it is not our business how they solve their issues. The efficiency of this guy's solution cannot be questioned (IMO) but it is horrific and downright blunted, a good reflection of what kind of civilization he presides over. One day, these civilizations may rise above the level of barbarism. But it is not this day or any day in the near future.
    If human rights are being so grossly trampled then it is our business. You can't just turn a blind eye when something like this happens just because it doesnt happen at your country. That's just the same as saying that it was not our business when nazi's killed the jews. Capital punishment for single crimes have never worked in the history of humans

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    If human rights are being so grossly trampled then it is our business. You can't just turn a blind eye when something like this happens just because it doesnt happen at your country. That's just the same as saying that it was not our business when nazi's killed the jews. Capital punishment for single crimes have never worked in the history of humans
    It's not our business, and the killings of the Jews in Nazi Germany weren't our business. In fact we didn't even know about that until after we pushed Germans back and found all those death camps. The only reason we stopped the Nazi is because they invaded everyone. Before the war Nazi's were deporting Jews, well they were trying to, but none of the higher moral ground countries actually accepted the Jewish refugees hence death camps. Which would explain why Merkel is so adamant to take all the refugees in. Nazi guilt.

It's not our business, and the killings of the Jews in Nazi Germany weren't our business. In fact we didn't even know about that until after we pushed Germans back and found all those death camps. The only reason we stopped the Nazi is because they invaded everyone. Before the war Nazi's were deporting Jews, well they were trying to, but none of the higher moral ground countries actually accepted the Jewish refugees hence death camps. Which would explain why Merkel is so adamant to take all the refugees in. Nazi guilt.
    Please stop! You have literally no idea what you are talking about! Your statement is wrong on so many levels! And if there are people the world needs to be cleansed of it's edgelords like you...
    Last edited by luckydevours; 2016-10-09 at 08:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please stop! You have literally no idea what you are talking about! Every sentence of your statement is factually wrong! And if there are people the world needs to be cleansed of it's edgelords like you...

Care to provide the "right" facts to support your claim?

Care to provide the "right" facts to support your claim?
    Yes, it's no coincidence, and all those edgy statements in this thread sound awfully familiar to your ears if you are raised in this country and have some basic interest in its history.