Need dps help as Demo for Il'gynoth (heroic)

First time poster, long time reader.

So i have been raiding with my guild in heroic EN. I have been in the top 3 for skada for Ursoc, Nythendra, Dragons. But I am dead last on Il'gynoth.
    I am using Demonic Calling, Improved Dreadstalkers, Demon Skin, Hand of Doom, Burning Rush, Grimoire of Service, and Demonbolt for talents.

10% crit
    31% haste
    54% mastery

I use my GoS and Doomguard Cd's while in Heart but I am barely above tanks on skada for heart.

Any help is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Paunche View Post
    First time poster, long time reader.

So i have been raiding with my guild in heroic EN. I have been in the top 3 for skada for Ursoc, Nythendra, Dragons. But I am dead last on Il'gynoth.
    I am using Demonic Calling, Improved Dreadstalkers, Demon Skin, Hand of Doom, Burning Rush, Grimoire of Service, and Demonbolt for talents.

10% crit
    31% haste
    54% mastery

I use my GoS and Doomguard Cd's while in Heart but I am barely above tanks on skada for heart.

Any help is appreciated.

Well this is what I do. I take shadow flame and implosion and when you get bloods together demon wrath hand of guldan demon wrath and implosion and repeat and I usually stay on the corrupted horror and dot all the bloods with doom and repeat when they are all together usually In top 5. And when inside pray you don't get debuff .

Quote Originally Posted by Jakeysnakes View Post
    Well this is what I do. I take shadow flame and implosion and when you get bloods together demon wrath hand of guldan demon wrath and implosion and repeat and I usually stay on the corrupted horror and dot all the bloods with doom and repeat when they are all together usually In top 5. And when inside pray you don't get debuff .

Thanks for the reply. That is great advice for when were outside the heart room but wouldn't my dps be garbage inside the heart. That is where I wanna shine at.

Quote Originally Posted by Paunche View Post
    Thanks for the reply. That is great advice for when were outside the heart room but wouldn't my dps be garbage inside the heart. That is where I wanna shine at.
    Don't worry so much about trying to shine, some other classes are going to out burst you in that fight regardless. Shine outside with clearing adds and help the raid get to the inside faster.

I am no warlock expert, but wouldn't going destro for il'gynoth be way better? I know that the go-to for warlocks is to play both demo and destro and switch depending on boss fight. I understand you might only want to play demo, but it's one thing to play what one wants, but another to play what's best and help the team the most.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeysnakes View Post
    Unless your group has very low AoE for the bloods to begin with, this is really not good advice. The only real moment where implosion does good damage on this fight is on the bloods. That's _only_ padding the meters. Let's face it though, some guilds blindly look at meters so if you end up stuck in one of those, I can see picking Implosion for the bloods being valid.

If you want valuable DPS, go ST spec but with Darkglare. Which means 3-2-1-1-3-3-1. Depending on how long your tentacles usually lives, you can swap Imp. Dreadstalkers for Impending Doom. Ours usually die before doom goes off.

Shadowflame is not as strong as we thought either, unless you manage to make perfect 3-stacks all the time, so consider Demonic Calling. They do end up very close no matter what though, so your choice really.

Quote Originally Posted by Clonan View Post
    Unless your group has very low AoE for the bloods to begin with, this is really not good advice. The only real moment where implosion does good damage on this fight is on the bloods. That's _only_ padding the meters. Let's face it though, some guilds blindly look at meters so if you end up stuck in one of those, I can see picking Implosion for the bloods being valid.

If you want valuable DPS, go ST spec but with Darkglare. Which means 3-2-1-1-3-3-1. Depending on how long your tentacles usually lives, you can swap Imp. Dreadstalkers for Impending Doom. Ours usually die before doom goes off.

Shadowflame is not as strong as we thought either, unless you manage to make perfect 3-stacks all the time, so consider Demonic Calling. They do end up very close no matter what though, so your choice really.

Excellent advice and exactly the direction i was thinking of going. Is Darkglare stronger than Demonbolt for ST? I always thought ST king was Demonbolt...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    I am no warlock expert, but wouldn't going destro for il'gynoth be way better? I know that the go-to for warlocks is to play both demo and destro and switch depending on boss fight. I understand you might only want to play demo, but it's one thing to play what one wants, but another to play what's best and help the team the most.
    Pretty much. Especially on heroic and mythic.