Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Starfall Prophecy Open Beta starts October the 13th.

Fancy doing your own impersonation of the Rosetta spacecraft and landing on a Comet? well next week on October the 13th you'll get a chance to explore one as Open Beta on Rift's newest Expansion, Starfall Prophecy, begins.

Best of all, there's no NDA so if you can't download it, expect plenty of streams to pop up.

Full Details: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5248737

Gotta have someone to test content for them that they will release buggy as shit regardless eh?

It looks as if it's an Open Beta too, which is a very strange choice I must say given how it has been marketed more towards existing players than to new ones. I hope it doesn't come back to bite them in the arse, given how it looks to be a very small expansion there's a risk that people show up for the beta, consume the content then are either bored or long gone before the game gets released.

I'm not surprised by the lack of an NDA though - People streaming it on Twitch is essentially free marketing for Trion. On the other hand, its going to be a complete and utter distaster if the Beta is bug ridden and of poor quality that's shown off on Twitch to the public. It's going to have players like myself, who are holding off on buying SFP until we get some more information about it, giving the game a miss.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're new to Rift, don't even have it installed or would like to jump in and test with a max level 65 char decked out in full Tier 3 raid gear, then look no further, here's a rough guide to getting pimped out in about 5 mins.

First, if you don't have Glyph installed, get it here:

https://analytics.trionworlds.com/dl...k=UA-7947017-5

Once Glyph is installed and you see a list of games on the left, pick Rift and on the top right side, pick PTS from the drop down menu:

Now make a new level 1 char, doesn't matter if Guardian or Defiant, once you have this char made and you're in the spawn area you will see this NPC:

Take the port to your Capital city, either Sanctum or Meridian, near the portal you will see this glowing 'bear trap' on the ground, click it.

This will port you to an instance called Dummy Foundry, you will see your friend Fluffy again with a quest for you, talk to him, get your 400 plat then shop at Fluffy and make sure you get the 'make me level 50' potion, this step is very important.

Pick up a few cheating cheater bags, pick up the Planar Attunement crystal.

You can leave by buying a 'take me to Sanctum/Meridian' port but if you want to save the 1 silver, at the top right of instance are three coloured 'Bear Traps', blue for Sanctum, yellow for Tempest Bay, Red for Meridian.

Once you're back in your Capital right-click your char portrait and change Dungeon difficulty to Master.

Enter Dummy Foundry again and you will notice two new NPCs, talk to Mr SL Raid 1and go shopping, get your level 65 potion and pick up a full set of Raid Tier 3 gear box.

You are now pimped out and ready to tackle Starfall Prophecy next Thursday when Open Beta starts.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    It looks as if it's an Open Beta too, which is a very strange choice I must say given how it has been marketed more towards existing players than to new ones. I hope it doesn't come back to bite them in the arse, given how it looks to be a very small expansion there's a risk that people show up for the beta, consume the content then are either bored or long gone before the game gets released.

I'm not surprised by the lack of an NDA though - People streaming it on Twitch is essentially free marketing for Trion. On the other hand, its going to be a complete and utter distaster if the Beta is bug ridden and of poor quality that's shown off on Twitch to the public. It's going to have players like myself, who are holding off on buying SFP until we get some more information about it, giving the game a miss.
    Probably viewbot twitch like they did with that youtube video. I mean you expect any less from them? They are still doing it as well lol. Upto 1.3 million now with 64 likes and 21 dislikes.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-08 at 06:40 PM.

Definitely going to check this out. NT had an unfinished feeling to it that has improved but turned me off for most of the expansion. Here is hoping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Definitely going to check this out
    You can relax now and slack for a few more days, the Beta has been delayed until next week.

In order to ensure the best RIFT expansion testing experience, we have decided to delay the start of Starfall Prophacy Beta until the week of October 17th. We will keep you posted, and in the meantime, we are closing access to the PTS shard to allow us to update and polish the Beta build for you! We are all anxious to welcome you to Starfall Prophecy!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5249687

As there hasn't been an 'Official' release date announced, no way to tell if the Expansion itself is "delayed" as we don't know the planned/intended date of it.

Why do they need to delay it? It's gonna come out unfinished anyway.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-13 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://twitter.com/Brasse/status/78...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

And delayed again. No word on how long yet.
    Why? As I said above it's gonna come out buggy on release day anyway because of how trash Trion's QA and bugtesting is. That's not even insulting their bug testing and quality assurance is awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Why? As I said above it's gonna come out buggy on release day anyway
    Really? please point out where the open World content in Nightmare Tide was "buggy" on release day? my memory is quite good and as i was one of the Closed Beta testers for weeks on NT i can assure you that myself and the other testers hammered all quests, all mobs, all Instant Adventures, all rare mobs the works.....as for the raids? different story, the "l33t,pros" tested them and as usual all they were interested in was finding bugs they could exploit, kept it quiet and used them to their own advantage on release to claim "World Firsts"

You want buggy releases? you're on MMO Champion, feel free to check back on the front news since Legion released, there's pages and pages of hotfixes virtually for the first 3 weeks, enough to fill a War and Peace sized novel, and that was after Legion was in Beta for months and months.

There is no MMORPG that releases flawlessly any content that doesn't need hotfixing along the line......anyhow here, have a loading screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Really? please point out where the open World content in Nightmare Tide was "buggy" on release day? my memory is quite good and as i was one of the Closed Beta testers for weeks on NT i can assure you that myself and the other testers hammered all quests, all mobs, all Instant Adventures, all rare mobs the works.....as for the raids? different story, the "l33t,pros" tested them and as usual all they were interested in was finding bugs they could exploit, kept it quiet and used them to their own advantage on release to claim "World Firsts"

You want buggy releases? you're on MMO Champion, feel free to check back on the front news since Legion released, there's pages and pages of hotfixes virtually for the first 3 weeks, enough to fill a War and Peace sized novel, and that was after Legion was in Beta for months and months.

There is no MMORPG that releases flawlessly any content that doesn't need hotfixing along the line......anyhow here, have a loading screen.

Good try, but the legion hotfixes are fixing very minor barely noticeable things. Mostly class changes or UI glitches

RIFT NT had broken textures, terrible optimization, super glitchy events, and these took months to fix.

Legion was a solid release, NMT was not. Regardless of the state Starfall will be in, claiming NMT was in a polished state is just fanboying, don't ever hate on WoW to support your argument, it is infinitely more polished than most other mmorpgs because it has the money to do said polishing.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Deleted
    .as for the raids? different story, the "l33t,pros" tested them and as usual all they were interested in was finding bugs they could exploit, kept it quiet and used them to their own advantage on release to claim "World Firsts"

"Community Ambassador" right here...

There isnt even 1 grain of truth to that, you wanna check a forum for bug reports, check the Rift raid forum for raid releases. ohhh wait most ppl testing the shit out of raids are gone or are banned nvm...

and nice try comparing legion release with nmt, kinda funny but so damn out of touch with reality...

Quote Originally Posted by RunRed View Post
    "Community Ambassador" right here...

There isnt even 1 grain of truth to that, you wanna check a forum for bug reports, check the Rift raid forum for raid releases. ohhh wait most ppl testing the shit out of raids are gone or are banned nvm...

and nice try comparing legion release with nmt, kinda funny but so damn out of touch with reality...
    Trion don't have a community. A community can take criticism even if it's minor. Trion ban any thread that slightly criticises their game in any way, shape or form. Trion stopped having a community years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RunRed View Post
    most ppl testing the shit out of raids are gone or are banned
    I like how you totally agreed with me with just that one word, banned, now tell us all exactly why these "l33t,pros" got banned.

I like how you totally agreed with me with just that one word, banned, now tell us all exactly why these "l33t,pros" got banned.
    To be fair you do have a point. I mean there are probably like 20 raiding guilds in Rift hard to get banned with such a tiny amount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I mean there are probably like 20 raiding guilds in Rift hard to get banned with such a tiny amount.
    Of course there, is, 20 Raiding Guilds around the World, oh wait, what's this i see? and this only reports Guilds who actually submit, not all Guilds brag about kills.

http://www.topofrift.com/guilddirectory/

Of course there, is, 20 Raiding Guilds around the World, oh wait, what's this i see? and this only reports Guilds who actually submit, not all Guilds brag about kills.

http://www.topofrift.com/guilddirectory/
    So much 2016 activity... oh wait. Spin it all you want. Fact is there are around 20-30 raiding guilds left that give a shit. Alright out of fairness let's add up the active ones just so you feel better. 69 +73 =142. WOW SO MANY GUILDS . Also 250 is a pathetic number including inactive ones. 250 guilds left in a game now that was doing so well when it launched and during Storm Legion. I remember seeing nothing but advertising for guilds back in Storm Legion. Now I see one less and less often. Don't worry Slippy like I said when your game is shut down in the next 2 years at least the blind defence will surely be worth it. <3

Oh look only 33 guilds listed for the current Normal mode raid. Wow that is really a low number. I mean feel free to spin this but raid participation is getting lower and lower Slippy. I imagine by Prophecy it'll just be 10 guilds
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-16 at 09:04 AM.

Maybe they get banned for exploiting bugs in the code which are bound to be overlooked when compiled by amateurs and rushed out of the door as quickly as possible just so they can stick the previous tier raid gear on the store?

Quote Originally Posted by justinhalfout View Post
    Maybe they get banned for exploiting bugs in the code which are bound to be overlooked when compiled by amateurs and rushed out of the door as quickly as possible just so they can stick the previous tier raid gear on the store?
    Don't be silly. Trion develop quality content and care about making their raids bug free over putting some gear on the store. /s